KX 125 2004 from Sweden

Edited Date/Time 3/10/2022 11:11pm
First off my English is not the best Smile
Bought this KX125 2004 for 1100$.
The info I got was that the previous owner had it för 7 years and only rode it 5 or 6 times. So it was in a good condition!
A friend of mine tested it cause I had a broken collar-bone. It ran solid for about 4 laps, then the crank decided to give up.

Bought a complete Rabbit Wrench kit and started to fix the bike Smile

This bike was built in 3 weeks and i promise i will get better at taking pictures of the steps I make around the bike

Specs
- Rebuilt suspension
- Hot rods crank
- All new bearings
- Vertex Piston
- Cylinder Ported
- FMF Fatty with PC R304 silencer, have a powercore but this makes the bike sing more.
- Talon wheels
- Twinwall 999
- Emig grips
- Black plastic-kit
- Flo green front fender and numberplate from a kxf 450 - 16

Will come this winter
- Bud Tophead
- Vforce 3
- Maybe fit a 2014 fork with Öhlins and triple clamp aswell
- New footpegs
- Maybe repaint the frame again
- Carbon frame guards
- Boysen Clutch and ignition cover
- Rebuild the rear suspension

The bike when I got it.

Engine tear down

In with the new fresh stuff. Hot rods crank and Vertex piston.

Got the frame ready for powercote. Matte Black.

While the frame was sent for powdercoating I fixed the suspension. put the grapics on and cleaned everything up.

Finished for now.

I been riding the bike every race since it was finished. As i write this the bike has about 14-15 hours since rebuild.
I have a KXF250 -18 aswell but I havent touched it since this bike was done. I love it !

In the winter Ill be fixing everything that i want to improve.
More to come !
|
10/8/2018 12:54pm Edited Date/Time 10/8/2018 12:55pm

Bought a pair of Talon wheels. Liked them better than the original kxf wheels.
10/10/2018 11:59am Edited Date/Time 10/10/2018 12:05pm
Tested my Öhlins I had laying around, its from a KXF 250 - 18.
It doesnt fit perfect, I think it is a bit longer, and the gas chamber is too wide Sad
But it looks gooooood! And the bike feels more even when you sit on it.

lisenbyjacob
10/17/2018 10:35pm
Who did your graphics? I'm hoping to do something pretty similar with my 04. I want to go black with the frame, all black plastics with an 18 front fender and plate and I was thinking of getting a set of SKDA graphics for it. Before the Talon wheels did you just use your oem hubs and spokes and black rims?
10/18/2018 9:11am
Who did your graphics? I'm hoping to do something pretty similar with my 04. I want to go black with the frame, all black plastics with...
Who did your graphics? I'm hoping to do something pretty similar with my 04. I want to go black with the frame, all black plastics with an 18 front fender and plate and I was thinking of getting a set of SKDA graphics for it. Before the Talon wheels did you just use your oem hubs and spokes and black rims?
Hi!
Made stickers in Sweden made my graphics.
Before the talon wheels i used my oem wheels, I only put a 255mm front disc on it and it was bolt on Smile

/ Christopher

The Shop

10/21/2018 10:01am

Today I bought a KX250 2008 that I will give some love.
10/25/2018 11:26am
Bought a SFF fork and triple clamp from a kxf 250 2014, will put my öhlins-cartridge in it.
I think I will use it on the 250 as I really like the suspension on the 125 as it is.

500crazy
10/29/2018 2:46am
Wangstedt wrote:
First off my English is not the best :) Bought this KX125 2004 for 1100$. The info I got was that the previous owner had it...
First off my English is not the best Smile
Bought this KX125 2004 for 1100$.
The info I got was that the previous owner had it för 7 years and only rode it 5 or 6 times. So it was in a good condition!
A friend of mine tested it cause I had a broken collar-bone. It ran solid for about 4 laps, then the crank decided to give up.

Bought a complete Rabbit Wrench kit and started to fix the bike Smile

This bike was built in 3 weeks and i promise i will get better at taking pictures of the steps I make around the bike

Specs
- Rebuilt suspension
- Hot rods crank
- All new bearings
- Vertex Piston
- Cylinder Ported
- FMF Fatty with PC R304 silencer, have a powercore but this makes the bike sing more.
- Talon wheels
- Twinwall 999
- Emig grips
- Black plastic-kit
- Flo green front fender and numberplate from a kxf 450 - 16

Will come this winter
- Bud Tophead
- Vforce 3
- Maybe fit a 2014 fork with Öhlins and triple clamp aswell
- New footpegs
- Maybe repaint the frame again
- Carbon frame guards
- Boysen Clutch and ignition cover
- Rebuild the rear suspension

The bike when I got it.

Engine tear down

In with the new fresh stuff. Hot rods crank and Vertex piston.

Got the frame ready for powercote. Matte Black.

While the frame was sent for powdercoating I fixed the suspension. put the grapics on and cleaned everything up.

Finished for now.

I been riding the bike every race since it was finished. As i write this the bike has about 14-15 hours since rebuild.
I have a KXF250 -18 aswell but I havent touched it since this bike was done. I love it !

In the winter Ill be fixing everything that i want to improve.
More to come !
Hey bud nice work on the 125, black with the green fender looks awesome. Are you heading in the same direction with the 250? If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for the 250?
10/29/2018 4:36am Edited Date/Time 10/30/2018 2:06am
500crazy wrote:
Hey bud nice work on the 125, black with the green fender looks awesome. Are you heading in the same direction with the 250? If you...
Hey bud nice work on the 125, black with the green fender looks awesome. Are you heading in the same direction with the 250? If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for the 250?
Hi!
Thanks for the kind words!
The 250 will be black and white with some decals oldschool style I think.
Parts ive ordered so far for the 250 is.

PC Works Exhaust
BUD Racing Silencer
New OEM KXF450 18 wheels.
999 Handlebar
Black rear plastic
White front plastic.
Silver powdercoat the frame.
Öhlins will go on the 250.
Boyesen ignition and clutch cover
Light speed frame guard
Maybe V-Force 3.

Im the 3rd owner of the bike, the first one rode it for 30hours, the second one rode it for 50 hours.
It has been standing in a garage for 3 years.
I payed 2400$
11/4/2018 7:30am Edited Date/Time 11/4/2018 7:30am
So I started with the 250.
As i currently only got one working arm, had a surgery on the left collarbone. Will not be able to use the arm fully until february. And I need to take breaks often because im so tired, so its a slow work...

Anyway, here are some photos. Sorry about the mess in my garage.

11/8/2018 3:41am Edited Date/Time 11/8/2018 3:46am
The engine is cleaned up an put Boyesen igniton and clutch cover on.
I will not rebuild the engine for now, I think it is in a good condition.

Got the steering stop widened and the next step is to blast the frame and then powdercoat it.

Marhau87
11/9/2018 2:32am Edited Date/Time 11/9/2018 2:33am
Hi.

I have a Øhlins shock that will fit your 125.
Im from Norway so Its not far to send it.

Send me an pm if you are interested.
11/9/2018 2:56am
Marhau87 wrote:
Hi. I have a Øhlins shock that will fit your 125. Im from Norway so Its not far to send it. Send me an pm if...
Hi.

I have a Øhlins shock that will fit your 125.
Im from Norway so Its not far to send it.

Send me an pm if you are interested.
ill send you a pm
HenryA
11/10/2018 8:01am
Looks good! The Öhlins STX shock that was designed for that bike is still a really good shock, if you can find one. Pretty rare these days.
12/17/2018 11:03pm Edited Date/Time 12/17/2018 11:40pm
Got the frame and swingarm powdercoated, went with Silver "Sparkling".

The Öhlins TTX fitted in the SFF fork. And a used XTRIG so I could use my Twinwall 999.

Will modify a TTX44 Rear shock to fit the bike,

Skipping a few steps ahead and the bike is almost finished.
The graphics is custom made for my bike.
A few parts missing as swing arm decals and pegs.

1/4/2019 5:26pm
Bike looks awesome! I'm looking for an Ohlins or an upgrade for my 07 kx250 as my shock body is worn internally...What Mods are you doing to get a TTX shock to fit? Also what KXF TTX are you going to mod?
1/7/2019 8:57am
Bike looks awesome! I'm looking for an Ohlins or an upgrade for my 07 kx250 as my shock body is worn internally...What Mods are you doing...
Bike looks awesome! I'm looking for an Ohlins or an upgrade for my 07 kx250 as my shock body is worn internally...What Mods are you doing to get a TTX shock to fit? Also what KXF TTX are you going to mod?
I went with the TTX44 from a KXF 250 2014, got a foot from a CRF250 that is 15mm shorter, cant remember wich one. Put several hours and a lot of money buying the wrong parts. The CRF foot needs to be grinded 1.1mm om each side. You also need some new things in the foot (cant remember exactly what) The only problem ive got is that i got some more rebound than original. But im planning on leaving the original öhlinsfoot to someone who can make a shorter foot with the right internals.

1/8/2019 1:15pm
Bike looks awesome! I'm looking for an Ohlins or an upgrade for my 07 kx250 as my shock body is worn internally...What Mods are you doing...
Wangstedt wrote:
I went with the TTX44 from a KXF 250 2014, got a foot from a CRF250 that is 15mm shorter, cant remember wich one. Put several...
I went with the TTX44 from a KXF 250 2014, got a foot from a CRF250 that is 15mm shorter, cant remember wich one. Put several hours and a lot of money buying the wrong parts. The CRF foot needs to be grinded 1.1mm om each side. You also need some new things in the foot (cant remember exactly what) The only problem ive got is that i got some more rebound than original. But im planning on leaving the original öhlinsfoot to someone who can make a shorter foot with the right internals.

When you say” foot” are u talking about the shock clevis? So with minimal grinding the crf shock worked? What year was the crf shock? I know the lengths changed every few yrs.
Thanks
11/29/2019 4:36am
So the KX250 got sold. I thought about having a break from motocross... but no.
Rode the 125 about 50+hours and now the crank decided to give up.
So now its a full on build with the KX 125...

Engine is sent off for some porting.
BUD Racing top
Boyesen intake
Lectron - will come soon
PC works exhaust
Talonwheels.
Original Kawasaki Crank

First off was sandblast the frame and send it to powdercoating.

This time it will white/black.

Titanium

New airbox since the old one was trashed.

I think it will look good!
11/29/2019 4:38am Edited Date/Time 11/29/2019 4:40am
When you say” foot” are u talking about the shock clevis? So with minimal grinding the crf shock worked? What year was the crf shock? I...
When you say” foot” are u talking about the shock clevis? So with minimal grinding the crf shock worked? What year was the crf shock? I know the lengths changed every few yrs.
Thanks
The rear shock is a TTX44 from a KXF250 2014.
CRF 150 (same on older CRF250) clevis with CRF rebound adjuster.
Grinding 1mm to get it over the linkage.

The only thing Ive noticed is that you get the ordinary clicks on the rebound and some more without any clicks, but it hasnt botherd me since it works great !

/ Christopher
dahl-35
12/4/2019 10:14am
where do you buy the parts? im from Denmark an all the good sites i can find is from USA.

-Casper
12/6/2019 10:18pm
dahl-35 wrote:
where do you buy the parts? im from Denmark an all the good sites i can find is from USA.

-Casper
Ebay and local dealers Smile

/ Christopher
12/6/2019 10:25pm

A good friend of mine is helping me lace up my rear-wheel.

12/21/2019 11:41pm
So, the rear wheel is done and got new tires on it.
Put titanium bolts on with a steelsprocket (yes the steelsprocket is heavy) but I think it works better than the aliminium one.

Also got the engine back from glassblasting, at the moment I have no bearings in the blocks and is still waiting on them to arrive. Went with all original Kawasaki bearings to be sure that everything is the best as it can be.

The cylinder arrived from porting and new nikasil (is this the right word?) i am very happy with the outcome.

Also disassembled my suspension, and tripleclamp to send it off for some cerakote. My local suspension guy will then build the suspension so it works for my riding style.

12/22/2019 3:29am
I dont know if anyone is following this, please leave a comment or I Wont be posting here anymore Smile
DB97
12/22/2019 3:44am
Same looking good.
wicksy85
Fantasy
1579th
12/22/2019 3:52am
Damn dude killer builds!! The white frame will look so good

Post a reply to: KX 125 2004 from Sweden

The Latest