Is this frame too rusty? Urgent

Related:
Create New Tag

8/8/2017 12:26 AM

Thinking of buying this 2002 rm125 but not sure if this is just surface or deeper





8/8/2017 12:34 AM

Looks only surface to me, nothing too crazy.


Fantasy Moto, get ready for the Outdoors!
Join @ https://goo.gl/v5NnPf

8/8/2017 12:48 AM

Looks good to me.

Instagram: vanillaice782
professional vitard, amateur helmet painter

8/8/2017 12:49 AM

22Ryann wrote:

Looks only surface to me, nothing too crazy.

Yeah was just worried about the engine mount bolt

8/8/2017 5:08 AM

you should probably take it apart and paint it. You could do it pretty fast.

8/8/2017 5:36 AM

m.hardesty16 wrote:

you should probably take it apart and paint it. You could do it pretty fast.

Ye. I might try do it with the motor still in the bike

8/8/2017 6:29 AM

I bought a new frame for my RM125 for $100 delivered, and it was in near perfect condition. I'd just find another one if it doesn't clean up.

8/8/2017 7:19 AM

Looks surface, is take that engine out to clean and paint it though. How much?

8/8/2017 9:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/8/2017 9:12 AM

Looks pretty bad to me. The problem is, you can't see the inside. If the outside looks like that imagine what the insides of the tubes look like. And it's not just the rust, the tubes are also mashed and gouged. The corrosion on the cases and the general overall condition tell me this is a bike I wouldn't mess with. Could you trail ride it and probably be safe? Sure. But I wouldn't go hucking any big jumps with it.

Powerband in every gear !

8/8/2017 10:03 AM

If you can find a better one, do it. That bike has never been taken care of.

Frames are a maintenance item just like everything else, and that one hasn't been properly taken care of. I personally wouldn't feel safe riding that.

If you're not mixing gas, you're not haulin ass.

8/8/2017 8:34 PM

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

Looks surface, is take that engine out to clean and paint it though. How much?

$2000 Australian dollars

8/8/2017 8:35 PM

FGR01 wrote:

Looks pretty bad to me. The problem is, you can't see the inside. If the outside looks like that imagine what the insides of the tubes look like. And it's not just the rust, the tubes are also mashed and gouged. The corrosion on the cases and the general overall condition tell me this is a bike I wouldn't mess with. Could you trail ride it and probably be safe? Sure. But I wouldn't go hucking any big jumps with it.

Yeah I was planning on riding track with it