Is this 85 CR80 too far gone???

Related:
Create New Tag

8/24/2018 4:52 PM

The thought of this 85 CR80 sitting there turning to dust is more than I can take. The dude is asking 200$. Do I pick it up and?

Photo
? Photo

What should I do?

View Results

|

8/24/2018 5:38 PM

It's junk....sitting out rusted together tighter than a crabs ass at low tide....

|

8/24/2018 7:19 PM

sandman768 wrote:

It's junk....sitting out rusted together tighter than a crabs ass at low tide....

Lol. Well I think we have our first "it's too far gone."

|

8/25/2018 5:24 AM

Tell him to knock a zero off the end and he has a deal. Hell, even throw in a pack of cookies to help persuade him.

|

8/25/2018 7:56 AM

Junk

|

8/25/2018 4:40 PM

Presently working on a restore myself my attitude is do you have the time for it?
Do you enjoy the process of taking something like that as far as you can?
Are parts still available?
Do you have an interest in 80's to begin with?

I have a 1987 KTM 250 that is in similar shape and just a little more complete. If it wasn't for the complete lack of engine parts for this year I would be restoring it completely.

As anyone or most anyone who has done a restore its about the process. The more involved the more satisfaction. Just my opinion.

|

8/25/2018 8:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2018 8:41 PM

TooOld4WFO wrote:

Presently working on a restore myself my attitude is do you have the time for it?
Do you enjoy the process of taking something like that as far as you can?
Are parts still available?
Do you have an interest in 80's to begin with?

I have a 1987 KTM 250 that is in similar shape and just a little more complete. If it wasn't for the complete lack of engine parts for this year I would be restoring it completely.

As anyone or most anyone who has done a restore its about the process. The more involved the more satisfaction. Just my opinion.

Presently working on a restore myself my attitude is do you have the time for it? Cool! Yea, I have enough time spread out over a long enough timeline.

Do you enjoy the process of taking something like that as far as you can? Yep, I have a couple bike rebuilds under my belt. It would be built to ride like my other bikes.

Are parts still available? Surprising yea. At least more so than the 89 KX80 I'm currently working on.
Do you have an interest in 80's to begin with? Yes, especially 1980's 80's.

The poll is currently 2/1 walk away to restore it/part it out. I'll be up in that area tomorrow. Time permited, I might go see it.

|

8/26/2018 7:06 AM

200 is ridiculous. Offer him $25. You'll easily put $2500 into that resto. Only proceed if you have a weak spot for it (like you owned one as a kiddo).

|

Ride like a girl!!!
2016 KTM 500 EXC-F
Current project: 2007 Kawasaki KX250-R7 retro build
Current project #2: 1987 Kawasaki KX250-E1 rider/racer resto
1989 KX125 resto
1987 RM250 resto

8/26/2018 9:09 AM

I also thought the price was too high. But..... you are obviously dealing with a seller who simply doesn’t seem to care if it sits there or not. I doubt he is highly motivated to rid his yard of it.
Based on how you responded I would easily buy it. Just refurbishing many of the parts you could recover your funds if you decided not to finish it.

Do it!.......

|