Honda xr 50

8/20/2017 8:15pm
My dad has a honda xr 50 from when he was a kid it is tricked out but it hasn't been running the past few years because my dad said something was wrong with the carbonation amd so yesterday I got him working on it and we got it to start but it would barely idle and when it would any gas would cause it to bog and shoot air/smoke out of the clutch cover and carbonator. It also sounded like it wasn't getting barely any fuel so we thought that the carbonator needed to be jetted so we put all the different jets on and none of them changed anything so now we are stuck with a badass broke down bike. Can anyone give any advice?
|
imoto34
Fantasy
3151st
8/21/2017 10:44am
You probably don't need to start with "changing" things. Start with a full carb cleaning. For a bike that has been setting, the best way to start is to strip the carb and put it in a chem dip.

You may get more help in the "Tech" section.
123-rit
8/27/2017 10:28am
imoto34 wrote:
You probably don't need to start with "changing" things. Start with a full carb cleaning. For a bike that has been setting, the best way to...
You probably don't need to start with "changing" things. Start with a full carb cleaning. For a bike that has been setting, the best way to start is to strip the carb and put it in a chem dip.

You may get more help in the "Tech" section.
My daughter had a crf50 .. it did the same thing I went on amazon and paid $14 for a carb it ran very well surprisingly. Maybe you can give that a try if cleaning it doesn't fix it 100%

Post a reply to: Honda xr 50

The Latest