Honda cr125 2001 // Suzuki front end

Related:
Create New Tag

9/13/2018 2:14 AM

Hello everyone,
ive recently found out that the cr125 ive recently purchased had suzuki forks on it from a 125.
the problem im having is, whats the best way to find out the year the forks are off? its between 1996 - 1998 i believe, really hoping there 1998 smile but just not sure any help is appreciated smile,
also im not sure if the conversion was done with the suzuki or the honda parts? any help is appreciated

|

9/13/2018 2:14 AM

Photo
|

9/13/2018 3:59 AM

Ny best bet is that it's probably a Suzuki fork/wheel/disc/caliper/axle etc. The whole front end.. and the Suzuki triple clamp with the original Honda steering stem pressed in to use Honda bearings etc.

If the stem/clamp Is press-in only or have been modified I don't know,and this is just me guessing what I would have done in this scenario (not that I would have used my time to install this fork but anyway)

|

9/13/2018 9:30 AM

Another possibility is they used allballsracing.com and their conversion bearings. That way in most cases the entire front end is swapped over, steering stem and all.

This thread might help you determine which year RM forks you have: https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Race-Shop,42/Digger29-96-98-RM-fork-upgrade-to-07,1270740

|

9/13/2018 11:39 AM

Whats the advantage of these forks over the USD forks? I know for one i would think that seals would last longer as dirt and mud isn't being splashed up on the lowers and ruining the seals

|

9/14/2018 5:26 AM

Gohard wrote: Photo

Man I don't think that's the first year(96) of that fork. The first year the lugs hung way low and they revised that the next year if I'm not mistaken. I always loved the look of that number plate/fork leg protector....you have something no one else at the track will.

|

9/14/2018 5:29 AM

Gohard wrote: Photo

Bramlett321 wrote:

Man I don't think that's the first year(96) of that fork. The first year the lugs hung way low and they revised that the next year if I'm not mistaken. I always loved the look of that number plate/fork leg protector....you have something no one else at the track will.

Yeah mate can’t wait to smoke some newer bikes on this hybrid on the weekend ?, I don’t think there a 1998 fork sadly after looking around on more forums, I believe it is a 1997 but I’m not 100% sadly

|