Honda CR 250 1988 EVO-Racer Build

Edited Date/Time 8/9/2019 8:02pm
After finishing the 1993 CR250 I found this bike.

Everything seemed ok on the first look, but after I started the teardown some weird stuff apeared...

A special "factory" kickstarter repair, "factory" brake pins, extra thick brake line protection, broken clutch cover, trashed pegs.

Selfmade engine hangers, bigger left radiator with custom mounts, beautiful water hose connection,a cus right side radiator and the best broken off thread for the water pump cover on the inner clutch case fixed with a plate and another bolt to keep it in place...

After trying to take off the shrouds of the tank two threads are spinning. What can I do to get the old screws out and use the threads again?

But anyways I will tear everything apart and rebuild the bike to race it. Already found a 1990 USD-fork to swap.
Sorry for the cramped look in my garage but the car takes a lot of space.

|
ledger
8/9/2019 1:14am
I'll give Big Money for the trick kick starter ! Joking aside...looking fwd to the break-down and rebuild. Wish I had advice to help with the tank spanners, but I know it can be done...there's a few threads regarding just that.
Godcho
8/9/2019 5:23am
It's going to be a big renovation: you will have a big budget screws and bolt! Tongue
bonseff
8/9/2019 9:41am
Bring her back to glory!
Godspeed, sir!
avmechanic
8/9/2019 8:02pm
You have some work ahead of you there. A full restoration would be the best option on that one. It will not be cheap but they are really awesome bikes and as long as you are not doing it for a resale flip it will be worth every penny. I rebuilt one a year or so ago and have another 88 in boxes I hope to get started on sometime soon when I catch up on some other projects. I also have a 1990 in kit form ready for a build. I have hordes of parts (sorry non for sale) The HPP Honda CR 250s had a really great engine. I have a build thread in the "Old School Moto" forum for some more info. If you have any questions let me know.
Greg

Post a reply to: Honda CR 250 1988 EVO-Racer Build

The Latest