Full Tilt TM Racing Two Stroke Build(s) Update: Dirt Magazine "Two Stroke Tuesday"

Related:
Create New Tag

3/23/2021 8:47 AM

S17MDR wrote:

A few modifications inspired by BlackDiamond Photo

That turned out pretty sweet!

|

3/23/2021 9:01 AM

S17MDR wrote:

A few modifications inspired by BlackDiamond Photo

blackdiamond wrote:

That turned out pretty sweet!

Looks really good mate. Will upload some more pics when I take some.. replicated your rear caliper modication too. With some Cerakote, the SAM racing carrier brace, and a wire locked ti banjo ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿผ

|

3/27/2021 10:25 PM

blackdiamond wrote:

I did a bit of measuring and realized a CR250 pipe hanger bolts up perfectly, looks a lot better and saves 30 grams in the ...more

Could you send me a link or part no. of the aluminium CR250 part please? Iโ€™ve looked high and low ๐Ÿ˜‚

Thankyou

|

3/27/2021 11:22 PM

blackdiamond wrote:

I did a bit of measuring and realized a CR250 pipe hanger bolts up perfectly, looks a lot better and saves 30 grams in the ...more

S17MDR wrote:

Could you send me a link or part no. of the aluminium CR250 part please? Iโ€™ve looked high and low

Thankyou

Here is the link to the part numbers you will need: https://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemparts/a/hon/5053e4f1f870021c54be21ef/expansion-chamber-05-07

|

3/27/2021 11:32 PM

blackdiamond wrote:

S17MDR wrote:

Could you send me a link or part no. of the aluminium CR250 part please? Iโ€™ve looked high and low

Thankyou

That was originally an HRC part that become an oem part from the 2002 CR250.

|

3/28/2021 2:04 AM

blackdiamond wrote:

S17MDR wrote:

Thankyou

blackdiamond wrote:

Here is the link to the part numbers you will need: ...more

Cheers buddy ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿผ Looks loads better than the stocker. Although I have made a carbon one. Just not sure on itโ€™s limits of integrity yet

|

3/28/2021 10:30 AM

Apart from some ti pegs and a different bar pad... sheโ€™s a go-er. This thread gave me a lot of inspiration. So thanks to Black Diamond and everyone else for ideas and comments ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿผ

Check out the carbon splash guard which I also designed, hand made first to a template, drew in CAD and CNC cut them and selling for ยฃ45 (postage will be more to overseas)
Hit me up if anyone wants one lads ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

5/28/2021 11:08 AM

blackdiamond wrote:

The 125 and 144 use the same sub-frame as the 250 and that is why there is a secondary bracket.

Lasse wrote:

I know. I was asking if it was the PC shorty, which utilized both hangers on the subframe for the 125/144.

blackdiamond wrote:

The PC silencer isn't a shorty, it is 1.5" longer than stock and it uses both brackets.

Excellent job! I would like to further clarify the model of the 144 PC muffler that you used in the best dyno test? Is it the same muffler you modified with the Giannelli kevlar shell?

Are the 250 and 144 muffler covers of the same diameters?
|

5/28/2021 2:40 PM

Fire_and_smoke wrote:
Excellent job! I would like to further clarify the model of the 144 PC muffler that you used in the best dyno test? Is it the ...more

Yes, the PC silencer is longer than the stock HGS one. It added HP and about 800 RPM on top. The stock pipe was far better than the PC one however.

The carbon sleeve was the same on both bikes.

|

6/8/2021 8:03 PM

Absolutely love your build! Just starting on an MX 125 myself. Any idea if shock springs from other makes fit? Iโ€™d love to throw on a ti spring from a yz.

|

6/8/2021 8:33 PM

BikePilot wrote:

Absolutely love your build! Just starting on an MX 125 myself. Any idea if shock springs from other makes fit? Iโ€™d love to ...more

The Yamaha Ti springs work perfectly with a tiny bit of grinding on the inside of the last coil (about .5mm)

|

6/8/2021 8:57 PM

BikePilot wrote:

Absolutely love your build! Just starting on an MX 125 myself. Any idea if shock springs from other makes fit? Iโ€™d love to ...more

blackdiamond wrote:

The Yamaha Ti springs work perfectly with a tiny bit of grinding on the inside of the last coil (about .5mm)

Awesome thanks so much!

|

6/10/2021 7:32 PM

Those TMโ€™s are so beautiful! I saw this thread in the past but I just went through the 24 pages again! Haha
I have been looking at them for a long time but never made the move. I could have got one in 2009 when I moved up to 125 because the dealer was a TM dealer aswell, but we ended up getting a YZ.
I would really love to try a TM sometimes.
Have you ridden your TM 250 and your Honda 250 back to back before?

|

6/10/2021 7:42 PM

romain524 wrote:

Those TMโ€™s are so beautiful! I saw this thread in the past but I just went through the 24 pages again! Haha
I have been ...more

I haven't ridden them back to back but the Honda is a bit more broad in the middle but the TM makes 3 HP more on top.

Varner built both engines.

|

6/10/2021 8:31 PM

blackdiamond wrote:

I haven't ridden them back to back but the Honda is a bit more broad in the middle but the TM makes 3 HP more on top.

Varner ...more

Would you say you have a favorite to ride? Seems like they need to be ridden differently.

If you have any current pictures of the 2 bikes I would love to see!
How many hours has both bikes? How do they age?

|

6/11/2021 10:44 AM

Hey BD. Can you explain stripping the rainbow foot pegs, what you did or what you would try different. There is a set on eBay Iโ€™d like to get

|

6/11/2021 11:19 AM

romain524 wrote:

I have been ...more

blackdiamond wrote:

Varner ...more

romain524 wrote:

Would you say you have a favorite to ride? Seems like they need to be ridden differently.

If you have any current pictures of ...more

I sold the CR about a year ago but the TM's are really durable. They are a lot like Honda's in many ways.

|

6/11/2021 11:21 AM

Zesiger 112 wrote:

Hey BD. Can you explain stripping the rainbow foot pegs, what you did or what you would try different. There is a set on eBay ...more

It is not easy to get that finish off but the easiest way is to media blast them.

|