Full Tilt TM Racing Two Stroke Build(s) Update: Dirt Magazine "Two Stroke Tuesday"

jaredkeller96
11/5/2018 7:11am
4 avail on Yamaha brake pedals. Make me an offer, maybe we can do a package deal
cdoggy81
11/5/2018 7:55am
I would get one if they were not too $$$

The Shop

GoYamaha
11/5/2018 5:40pm
I will take a Yamaha brake tip. Pm me details on how to purchase please.
Thanks Ryan
chuckdavies
11/8/2018 4:01am
You can fit a YZ/YZF/RMZ clevis to the TMs.. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/05/25/264114/s1200_20180524_202234_1.jpg[/img]
You can fit a YZ/YZF/RMZ clevis to the TMs..

After you posted that it made me wonder so I went back and looked at when I bought those parts and realized the ones I had...
After you posted that it made me wonder so I went back and looked at when I bought those parts and realized the ones I had laying around were for a Honda. You were right, damn I wish I would have looked closer before doing the mods to the clevis. It would have been a lot easier to swap them than to do the required machine work to make them fit. Oh well.
Thinking about a YZ clevis for my TM after reading this.

Is the pin the same size as the TM one (I checked a CRF one i had which had a smaller diameter pin).

Or do you think they will make the angle on the piston even worse than stock?

chuckdavies
11/8/2018 4:03am
I finally got the finishing touches done on the rear master cylinder. I took a slight mill cut off the sight glass plug to minimize the...
I finally got the finishing touches done on the rear master cylinder. I took a slight mill cut off the sight glass plug to minimize the profile and finished it off with Ti hardware. I had to run bolts from a Honda CRF because no one makes Ti kits for the TM's and this also required a slight mod to the frame to increase the diameter of the holes by about .015"

Maybe i'll tweak the pedal to run one of these setups similar to KTM? Are you able to PM me the link to the supplier in Holland please?
blackdiamond
11/8/2018 11:52am
I finally got the finishing touches done on the rear master cylinder. I took a slight mill cut off the sight glass plug to minimize the...
I finally got the finishing touches done on the rear master cylinder. I took a slight mill cut off the sight glass plug to minimize the profile and finished it off with Ti hardware. I had to run bolts from a Honda CRF because no one makes Ti kits for the TM's and this also required a slight mod to the frame to increase the diameter of the holes by about .015"

Maybe i'll tweak the pedal to run one of these setups similar to KTM? Are you able to PM me the link to the supplier in...
Maybe i'll tweak the pedal to run one of these setups similar to KTM? Are you able to PM me the link to the supplier in Holland please?
For some reason the DM link doesn't appear to be working on Vital but this company should work for the heim joint: https://www.qa1.net/rod-ends-and-related/rod-ends/endura-series/af-seri…

11/8/2018 8:09pm
7 months looking at it. Holy crap you could have posted a ton of ride reviews by now. You missed all summer. Your probably never going to ride it and then sell it. Please ride it soon and let us know how much faster all that titanium makes you. By the way you can balance the crank left and right halves to the centerline. That would reduce vibration caused by a tendency to want to wobble transferring vibration through the crank bearings to the rest of the bike. This would also extend bearing life to a certain extent.
blackdiamond
11/8/2018 8:22pm
7 months looking at it. Holy crap you could have posted a ton of ride reviews by now. You missed all summer. Your probably never going...
7 months looking at it. Holy crap you could have posted a ton of ride reviews by now. You missed all summer. Your probably never going to ride it and then sell it. Please ride it soon and let us know how much faster all that titanium makes you. By the way you can balance the crank left and right halves to the centerline. That would reduce vibration caused by a tendency to want to wobble transferring vibration through the crank bearings to the rest of the bike. This would also extend bearing life to a certain extent.
Sorry I am not executing the build to your standards, expectations and preferred time frame. I work a lot and have much more going on in my life than just dirt bikes.

Now go FUCK YOURSELF.

Thanks for playing.
JMX82
11/8/2018 10:02pm
7 months looking at it. Holy crap you could have posted a ton of ride reviews by now. You missed all summer. Your probably never going...
Have you ever tried tearing down a complete dirt bike down to a last bolt and nut and after that carefully rebuilding it while making sure that every part on the bike is good as it gets? Then you would know that it is enormously time consuming process and most of us have also other things in life than spending time with your bike in the garage.

I really admire Blackdiamond's builds because he takes his time with every part of the bike thinking how could it be made performing better. Many people just adds some decals and aftermarket exhaust and calls that a bike build. He has definitely raised the standards of Vitalmx bike builds to whole new level
jacko337
11/9/2018 12:46am
4 avail on Yamaha brake pedals. Make me an offer, maybe we can do a package deal
sent you a pm mate, ill take one definetly
Helda
11/9/2018 1:22am
Sorry I am not executing the build to your standards, expectations and preferred time frame. I work a lot and have much more going on in...
Sorry I am not executing the build to your standards, expectations and preferred time frame. I work a lot and have much more going on in my life than just dirt bikes.

Now go FUCK YOURSELF.

Thanks for playing.
Oh BD I just spat my beer out you bastard WoohooCheerfulWoohooWoohooWoohooWoohoo
Helda
11/9/2018 1:23am
jacko337 wrote:
sent you a pm mate, ill take one definetly
Does Jess know about this?
blackdiamond
11/9/2018 1:33am
Helda wrote:
Oh BD I just spat my beer out you bastard WoohooCheerfulWoohooWoohooWoohooWoohoo
(s)he caught me on a bad day Angry

Ha ha
jacko337
11/9/2018 1:40am
Helda wrote:
Does Jess know about this?
Know about what? That was on there when i bought it ?
cdoggy81
11/9/2018 7:46am Edited Date/Time 11/9/2018 7:48am
Jacko337 - I sent jaredkeller96 a txt yesterday about the ti brake tips & he doesn’t have enough to sell apartently Sad
He does have a few DLC coated KYB fork tubes still tough.
Sc2
11/18/2018 10:30am
The. Attention to detail and craft gone into this, is second to none , keep it up
chuckdavies
11/27/2018 8:47am
Picked up the '19 125 on Friday and I love it already. You're right about not fully appreciating these things until you begin to work on them. Looking forward to running it in this weekend if the weather is kind enough. Parts collecting and bolt measuring has begun...

blackdiamond
11/27/2018 12:54pm
Picked up the '19 125 on Friday and I love it already. You're right about not fully appreciating these things until you begin to work on...
Picked up the '19 125 on Friday and I love it already. You're right about not fully appreciating these things until you begin to work on them. Looking forward to running it in this weekend if the weather is kind enough. Parts collecting and bolt measuring has begun...

One of the first things I noticed is how easy they are to work on.
blackdiamond
12/7/2018 6:58pm
I finally found some time to get back at these bikes and start to wrap them up. This project has taken about three times as long as it should have but sometimes life gets in the way.

Just finished mounting the pegs after a few small tweaks. These turned out awesome but they are not a direct bolt on. They required minor machine work to the stops and to the spring pocket to make it work. You can see the where the material was removed in the photos.

quiknic
Fantasy
1147th
12/7/2018 9:05pm
Picked up the '19 125 on Friday and I love it already. You're right about not fully appreciating these things until you begin to work on...

Bitchen ride, did you order it the way you wanted or standard? I spoke with a local distributor and it looks like you can order the bikes with tons of options for everything from suspension to motor, chassis all the way down to bars and tires.
blackdiamond
12/8/2018 12:57am
I finally found some carbon/kevlar sleeves that would work with the diameter of the OEM silencer internals and would enable me to build something trick. Currently there isn't anyone making carbon silencers for these bikes so I was on my own if that's what I wanted.

It was a lot of work but I was able to cut a section the stock silencer body and use it as a mount for the carbon silencer body and because of the design it doubles as a rivet strip to increase strength and reliability. I used some heavy duty marine grade stainless rivets to hold it all together. They are a bit overkill but they are really strong.

It turned out pretty sweet. It is really sturdy and ended up saving about 1/4 of a pound. The total silencer weight is 1.6 lbs with new packing.

I am still working on the silencer for the 250 but here are a few pics of the one I just finished for the 144.

cdoggy81
12/8/2018 1:34pm
Nice work bud! Where did you source the carbon cans from? I was trying to do the same & build one for a 96 cr McG replica a while back but gave up when I found an original one :-)
chuckdavies
12/8/2018 3:46pm
Lovely work youve done there! Pro circuit sell the Ti2 kevlar/titanium silencer though, at least for the 125/144

Post a reply to: Full Tilt TM Racing Two Stroke Build(s) Update: Dirt Magazine "Two Stroke Tuesday"

The Latest