Forever Bike Husqvarna TC250 Build

Alex.434
Edited Date/Time 1/15/2021 10:38pm
So at the beginning of the year I decided my 2017 Husqvarna TC250 would become a 'Forever Bike'. Meaning, I would keep this bike 'forever' (hey nothing in life is guaranteed eh?).

The premise is simple, and revolves around money + age. There is a point in your life where you no longer have to sell each bike to finance the next one (money) along with the fact you are getting older... and probably not faster (age).

At the start of 2020 I realized my beloved TC250, which I bought in October of 2016, is the best damn motocross bike I'd ever ridden... and every time I rode it I was amazed at how good it is. To this point I'd be slowly building it up with some nice parts, but nothing too crazy. Just some bits that helped with power, rideability, and comfort... with some bling in there for good measure.

The catalyst for 'Forever Bike' status was the crossroads of really spending money on it versus doing the same old thing and probably selling it a few more years down the road, and getting another one. See previously I had a 2013 KTM 250SX, which was a nice bike, but a bit unruly... (the 2017+ generations are head and shoulders better) and I kind of always knew I'd sell the 250SX one day...

But with the TC250, I'd decided in January 2020 that NAY SIR, YOU WILL NOT BE SOLD INTO THE NIGHT. YOU WILL BE KEPT FOR ALL TIME TO BE THE ULTIMATE, THE VERY BEST, THE CULMINATION OF MY CHILDHOOD VISION. A BEACON FOR ALL TWO STROKES ACROSS THE LAND.

Hyperbole aside, it was neat to come to this realization and feel like I could really plan out a killer build, like I'd always dreamed of, and not worry about 'losing all my money down the road when I sell it used'. At this point who gives a shit! I see guys still riding and having fun on 2003 CR125s, a 17 year old bike! I was certain that in the year 2034 when my TC250 is 17 years old, and I'm 56, it'll still be an amazingly fun bike.

So, here we go, here's the bike's build history and kick-off for its next, major, evolution. I keep a spreadsheet with all parts bought and prices, so easy to copy / paste here. I'll add some notes with each and hopefully this is useful for other TC250/250SX riders.

For the historical record, here's my old 2013 KTM 250SX. Fully revalved WP suspension by WP North America, Pro Circuit pipe + silencer, reeds, and that's about it. This bike was an arm ripper.

October 2016: The TC250 brand new in the back of the truck outside of Moto Forza's old building, prior to the fire Sad

Late 2016/early 2017: At this point our bike build mainly consists of some comfort changes and bling. My biggest changes here were the Day 1 Lectron HV carb (because fuck jets), lower footpegs, and CR High bars. I'm 6'1" with a long torso and the lower Fastway pegs plus CR High bars made a nice improvement in cockpit comfort.

- Lectron HV carb + Domino throttle assembly
- Husqvarna Factory Parts metal gas cap
- Decal Works 434 number plates
- Fastway AIR EXT footpegs w/fit kit & F6 cleats (blue)
- Works Connection brake cap (blue)
- Works Connection engine oil plug (blue)
- Works Connection steering nut (blue)
- Husqvarna Factory Parts brake master cover (blue)
- Husqvarna Factory Parts clutch master cover (blue)
- Husqvarna Factory Parts air filter cover for cleaning
- Pro Taper Contour CR High bars

2017 and 2018: I didn't get to ride (this bike) as much as I'd have liked over the next year or so, but did just pick away at the bike and make a few more small changes. Mainly going to a 49t in the back along with the Moto Tassarini VForce 4VR reeds. That coupled with some Lectron tweaks had the bike running well. Other things were little quality of life improvements.

- Renthal 49t rear sprocket. (blue)
- Moto Tassarini VForce4VR reeds
- DT-1 air filters (4)
- Factory Husqvarna power valve cover (blue)
- Fasst Company rear brake return spring
- Motion Pro Micro Bleeders for AER48's
- Top cover gasket for Lectron
- Slide spring for Lectron

2019: Finally got around to making some more serious changes to the bike and getting a proper pipe and silencer on there. Got a beautiful Scalvini cone pipe + FMF Powercore 2.1 Shorty off Jeffro here on Vital along with some killer carbon bling skidplate and tank cover. Also found Justin Starling selling some of his SX parts and snagged the oversized rotor to beef up the already awesome brakes. Few more quality of life improvements with the map switch on the bars and power valve dial. Bike was looking primo and riding even better! The addition of the pipe + silencer along with moving to the 'softer' ignition map really made this bike ride well.

- Sicass Racing Ignition map switch
- Kreft Moto PowerDial 3.0 Blue
- Scalvini factory works pipe
- FMF Husqvarna Edition Powercore 2.1 silencer
- Pro Carbon skid plate
- Pro Carbon tank cover
- Galfer 280mm Oversized Tsunami Wave Rotor

Early 2020: This is when we decided the bike would be a Forever Bike and started getting some slick bits. Fella on Vital here (Team Green maybe? Sort of forget...) makes the factory master cylinder covers and I thought those were pretty cool, so nabbed those. Read about the rear floating axle mod, and that wasn't too much hassle, so picked a CRF axle up off eBay and got the Ride Engineering blocks... and lastly was the big piece, the sano REP factory knuckle and dogbones... just so trick. I also had some extra vinyl laying around from my Superbike R1 build... so was bored in the shop one night and started messing around with my getting a little beat stock plastics. It gives a few ideas for the future.

- CDG Magura/Brembo carbon fiber mc covers
- Ride Engineering billet axle blocks
- 2017 Honda CRF450 rear axle
- REP Factory suspension linkage kit

Late 2020: This is where the build starts to go into the stratosphere... I'm just getting ready to start pulling parts and slapping on the new new... and figured as good a time as any to document. At the end of this phase the TC250 will truly be in Dream Bike territory and the young kid who plastered his walls with moto magazine pages (me) is pumped. I also recently bought a small business (lost job due to covid, needed something to do to keep busy) and have been flat out for almost 4 months... aka no life no spending money no nothing just grinding... so the wife gave the big thumbs up to get the TC250 build done. (Hey I bought some parts for her bikes also...)

The big kitty items here, and what I lost my shit over when it arrived, are the WP kit boingers. That plus the factory wheelset and triples.. whooooaaamamma.

I'm dropping the suspension off at AEO/REP on Tuesday.. and once those are done, and I finish getting my graphics kit designed (do that myself) and installed, it will be time to ride \oo/.

- Michelin Starcross 5s + lightweight tubes
- Acerbis X-Brake vented carbon fiber disc cover & mount
- Warp 9 titanium sprocket bolt set
- Warp 9 titanium rear disc brake bolts (F & R)
- Husqvarna Factory Parts rear caliper carrier (black)
- Husqvarna Factory Parts rear wheel (blue)
- Husqvarna Factory Parts front wheel (blue)
- Husqvarna Factory Parts chain
- Dirt Tricks front sprocket
- Dirt Tricks chromatic 49t rear sprocket
- Husqvarna Factory Parts brake pedal step plate +8mm (blue)
- Husqvarna Factory Parts gear shift lever tip +7mm (blue)
- Husqvarna Factory Parts carbon rear disc guard
- Husqvarna Factory Parts carbon rear caliper guard
- Husqvarna Factory Parts clutch slave cylinder protection (blue)
- 2020 WP XACT Pro fork (Cone Valve, spring)
- 2020 WP XACT Pro shock (Trax)
- Husqvarna Factory Parts triple clamp (blue)
- Husqvarna Factory Parts PHDS handlebar clamps
- Husqvarna Factory Parts clutch cover
- Husqvarna Factory Parts rear brake master cylinder extension
- Husqvarna Factory Parts chain slider upper (blue)
- Husqvarna Factory Parts chain slider lower (blue)
- RaceTech titanium triple clamp bolts
- TM Designworks chain guide
- FMF Powercore 2.1 Titanium silencer (full size)
- Pistonbone custom graphics (self-designed)
- New OEM plastics kit

At the end of this stage the TC250 will be pretty insano but of course... it's never fully done. I have a couple more things I'd like to do, but will ride this version for a while and see what 2021 brings for next steps.

PS: If Ryno sees this, go fuck yourself. My non-pro ass will enjoy ever second of riding this bike for a very long time.

|
11/15/2020 2:15am
Nice bike I’m just doing a te300 2016 with a fresher look. Just got the front wheel on looks 💯 better

FarleyMX25
11/15/2020 12:29pm
Where did you order your factory parts and suspension from?
Alex.434
11/17/2020 12:03am Edited Date/Time 12/28/2020 4:27pm
FarleyMX25 wrote:
Where did you order your factory parts and suspension from?
Bike and factory parts are all from KTM/Husqvarna USA direct.

Got out into the shop tonight and started getting everything organized and ready for install. Tomorrow the suspension is off to AEO / REP for setup along with getting the Starcrosses mounted. Also did some weighing of the titanium bolts vs oem bolts, the various silencers I have, and some other random bits for all the weight weenies out there.

I was originally going to sell my aluminum 2.1 silencer but.. that was when I thought the titanium 2.1 one was the same size (shorty).. It isn't, it is the bazooka one... that said... I going to keep it and do some testing. Bazooka exhaust for Cahuilla (outdoor) style tracks and try the Shorty on the tighter State Fair style tracks. On to the weights and pics.

Sprocket bolts (6)
OEM - 4.2 oz
Titanium - 2.3 oz

Front & Rear Brake Rotor Bolts (12)
OEM - 2.0 oz
Titanium - 1.1 oz

Triple Clamp Bolts (8)
OEM - 4.6 oz
Titanium - 2.6 oz
Fun Fact: The OEM triples take 4 x40 length bolts and 4 x50 length bolts whereas the aftermarket factory triples take 8 x40s...

Front Rotor
OEM - 14.0 oz
Galfer Tsunami 280mm - 19.6 oz

Silencers
OEM - 60.6 oz
FMF Powercore 2.1 Titanium - 52.2 oz
FMF Powercore 2.1 Aluminum Shorty - 46.2 oz

Tubes
STI Ultra Heavy Duty 21" Tube - 45.2 oz
Maxxis 26x3/5.0 "Fat" Tire Tube - 14.5 oz

Rear Sprockets
OEM 50t - 11.3 oz
Renthal 49t Aluminum - 10.3 oz
Dirt Tricks 49t Zirconium - 18.6 oz

Crunching some numbers I get the following weight changes:
161.3 oz / 10 pounds - OEM bolts + OEM silencer + OEM non-HD tubes + OEM rear sprocket + OEM front rotor
125.4 oz / 7.8 pounds - Ti bolts + Ti bazooka silencer + Maxxis tubes + Dirt Tricks rear sprocket + 280mm rotor
119.4 oz / 7.4 pounds - Ti bolts + Shorty silencer + Maxxis tubes + Dirt Tricks rear sprocket + 280mm rotor

I have to weigh the OEM pipe vs the Scalvini cone pipe.. that saves another pound or so. The spring Cone Valve forks add +3 lbs over AER 48s so interesting to see where you save some weight, gain it elsewhere, and maybe trade some weight for durability (sprockets).

Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2020th
11/17/2020 5:25am
Going to be siiiiiicccccckkkkkk!
I know what you mean too, I’m going to keep my yz250 build as long as I can. Not like they are changing those any. Might have other bikes at some point but the 250 is staying.

The Shop

BToz
11/17/2020 5:38am
Whoa some pretty trick sh!t!
Rickyisms
11/17/2020 6:57am
I’m in the same boat as you, just with not as deep pockets! I love my 2016 KTM 125 and 150. They still keep up and handle like the newer ones just fine and I’ve spent almost 4 years tweaking them to get them perfect for me. I can look at certain lines and bumps on the track before I hit them and know exactly what my bike will do.

Your bike is going to be ultra trick!
erik_94COBRA
11/17/2020 7:59am
I have a 2017 TC250 as well and will probably hang on to it for awhile as well.

I personally like the 48 tooth or a 50 tooth (stock) over the 49.

Be sure to give us a ride report on the suspension when it's ready.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
11/17/2020 12:04pm
Damn vet riders! Sick Scooby, I always toy with keeping my sx or upgrading at some point soonish.
erik_94COBRA
11/18/2020 7:27am
I have a 2017 TC250 as well and will probably hang on to it for awhile as well. I personally like the 48 tooth or a...
I have a 2017 TC250 as well and will probably hang on to it for awhile as well.

I personally like the 48 tooth or a 50 tooth (stock) over the 49.

Be sure to give us a ride report on the suspension when it's ready.
Have read a lot of good reviews on REP for the suspension. Also forgot to add that I had a set of Starcrosses and they worked good when fresh and lasted quite a while. They are narrower and lighter for the same size versus Dunlops. I put a set of MX33 back on not too long ago and they are better for the softer tracks I normally ride.

Any plans for the cylinder/head/etc? I also ran a 300 kit for about 10 hours.

Gratuitous photo:
Alex.434
11/19/2020 11:55pm
Original plan was to get everything together, and on, before riding the bike but I have since rethought that. As I haven't been on the bike in a few months, I think it would be more fun to get one more ride in on the original stock suspension before putting the kit XACT PRO stuff on, for that whole 'compare / contrast' thing.

So tonight I started bolting things together to get the bike ready for a ride next week. Rotors & sprocket on with titanium fasteners, factory parts axle carrier and carbon caliper guard. The factory wheelset with the Starcrosses mounted are back from AEO and the lads over there were pretty skeptical of the Maxxis Fat Bicycle tubes going in... but when I picked the wheels up they said 'yup, they went right in.. and man carrying the wheel around you can feel the weight difference! Let us know how it works!'. I learned about the bicycle tube trick in this thread.

Might notice the ground entry edges of my brake pads. That's a trick I learned from the Graves Motorsports guys and their factory R6 race bikes. Helps with sliding the discs/wheel in and out.

erik_94COBRA wrote:

Have read a lot of good reviews on REP for the suspension. Also forgot to add that I had a set of Starcrosses and they worked good when fresh and lasted quite a while. They are narrower and lighter for the same size versus Dunlops. I put a set of MX33 back on not too long ago and they are better for the softer tracks I normally ride.

Yeah AEO/REP is awesome and having Mark Johnson over there, Dungey's championship winning suspension tech, makes it the go to shop for WP work.

How did you like the 300 kit? That's someting I'd maybe consider 'down the road' but that's a ways off. Shorter term I'm thinking VHM head for it... well because they look fucking tits.

Pirate421
11/20/2020 5:27am
This is an awesome build. I’d be interested to see what the $ tally ends up being for a build like this to put it in perspective. Understand if it’s something you don’t want to share!
MotoGuido
11/20/2020 9:18am
Great build would love to see it at the track! I've been in the process of doing this to my '15 yz250 for the past year. Rode it bone stock for ~3 years while collecting parts here and there. Being 6'4" and 220lbs I've never been one of those people that buys a bike and then replaces it every few years, one of many reasons I never switched to 4-strokes! It takes me a long time and a decent amount of money to get a bike dialed for me, every stock motorcycle I've rode was straight up dangerously undersprung and with ergo's for a midget.

seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
11/20/2020 11:01am Edited Date/Time 11/20/2020 11:01am
The wheels look sick. Makes me miss my black/orange combo I had before my black/black set I'm using now. The sprocket is one of those items where I don't mind the extra weight either, those sprockets are the best.
Alex.434
11/20/2020 11:21am Edited Date/Time 11/20/2020 11:22am
Pirate421 wrote:
This is an awesome build. I’d be interested to see what the $ tally ends up being for a build like this to put it in...
This is an awesome build. I’d be interested to see what the $ tally ends up being for a build like this to put it in perspective. Understand if it’s something you don’t want to share!
Thank you... yeah I'll share final tally at the end I just won't show specific breakdown of each part/price... because I get better than average deals on a lot of the stuff and that needs to stay behind-the-scenes. Though some of the stuff I do buy at retail, and other things I look for deals (used). I do think there is a value to these threads for others to read and research and get a sense of how they can build their own dream bikes. I know I love digging into the archives and learning stuff from them!

Great build would love to see it at the track! I've been in the process of doing this to my '15 yz250 for the past year. Rode it bone stock for ~3 years while collecting parts here and there. Being 6'4" and 220lbs I've never been one of those people that buys a bike and then replaces it every few years, one of many reasons I never switched to 4-strokes! It takes me a long time and a decent amount of money to get a bike dialed for me, every stock motorcycle I've rode was straight up dangerously undersprung and with ergo's for a midget.

Your bike looks amazing. I absolutely love the look of it and well done on the retro scheme. I'm old enough to remember rooting for those Yamahas 'back in the day'. We'll have to do a 2-stroke Day at some point as we're all San Diego county (Seth505, you, myself, etc).

The wheels look sick. Makes me miss my black/orange combo I had before my black/black set I'm using now. The sprocket is one of those items where I don't mind the extra weight either, those sprockets are the best.

I think seeing this sprocket on your bike is what got me thinking about them, then reading up on them... and hearing the AEO guys rave about them also... Good stuff. The wheels are in fact... siiiick.

opyguy
11/21/2020 8:59am
I have a stock 21, need a little more over rev
Looking at hgs, pro circuit or DEP
Any input?
jeffoff
11/21/2020 10:57am
Gonna be a very nice bike!
Interested in the difference you will experience regarding the suspension...
Have a tc250 2018 with kayaba cartridge kit and modded oem shock, love the bike!
Rickyisms
11/21/2020 11:23am
opyguy wrote:
Any input?
Pro circuit regular length silencer
Alex.434
11/21/2020 12:46pm Edited Date/Time 11/21/2020 1:35pm
opyguy wrote:
Any input?
Ayyeeeee Boston! Seth505 and I are both Boston guys now living in SoCal... Seth has the HGS on his KTM 250SX so should be able to give some insights to that.

I'm running Scalvini, which isn't any of the ones you mentioned, but I did like the change to the power with it. Longer silencers are more for outdoors style tracks and offer more over rev, so I'd recommend looking at that. I'll be testing my 2.1 Powercore Shorty (more low end grunt) vs the 2.1 Powercore (long) to see how they compare back to back... but I haven't done that yet. I have ridden my Scalvini + 2.1 Shorty extensively and that did help with over rev, compared to stock setup. Also I've gone to a 49t in the back which was a nice, subtle, improvement over shift points.

Gonna be a very nice bike!
Interested in the difference you will experience regarding the suspension...
Have a tc250 2018 with kayaba cartridge kit and modded oem shock, love the bike!

Thanks man. I'll be sure to update here. Post a pic of your TC250 here if you don't mind, I'd love to see it. Cheers.
jeffoff
11/21/2020 9:22pm
You sure do, been thinking of buying the new conevalve for some time now.
But still need to justify it for myself 😆. And want to upgrade the 2017 300 enduro to the newer tpi model, will have to chose.

Her a picture of the tc I have, still with the Ohlins setup i had. That has changed to the kayaba and modded oem shock, no pictures of the complete bike with that suspension...

Mxracer607
11/29/2020 7:09pm
MotoGuido wrote:
Great build would love to see it at the track! I've been in the process of doing this to my '15 yz250 for the past year...

Hey man did you do mammoth last year? If so I was that blond kid that was pitted next you on the hill while geeking out over your yz 😂
ar15
11/30/2020 5:12am
Nice bike!! Anything in mind on ignition ECU like one from GET or HPI? I'm considering getting one for our KTM SX250, but I don't know if it's worth while spending the money. It has already quite some power after rejetting, head mod, Ozzo reed assembly, and HGS aftermarket exhaust. Any experience from someone?
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2020th
11/30/2020 7:33am Edited Date/Time 11/30/2020 7:41am
Pirate421 wrote:
This is an awesome build. I’d be interested to see what the $ tally ends up being for a build like this to put it in...
I did a cost break down on my bike, currently at $13,000 my price $26,500 retail.
This includes purchase of A kit suspension, and engine parts but not the service to have them built. I figure I will be about another 3k to finish it out.

But it has taken me 3 years of finding deals to do so. 15k over 3 years for A-kit, race engine, titanium and carbon everything bike isnt bad when you think some guys are close to that for new 450s + interest, pipe, and suspension work.
Alex.434
11/30/2020 12:32pm
Pirate421 wrote:
I did a cost break down on my bike, currently at $13,000 my price $26,500 retail. This includes purchase of A kit suspension, and engine parts...
I did a cost break down on my bike, currently at $13,000 my price $26,500 retail.
This includes purchase of A kit suspension, and engine parts but not the service to have them built. I figure I will be about another 3k to finish it out.

But it has taken me 3 years of finding deals to do so. 15k over 3 years for A-kit, race engine, titanium and carbon everything bike isnt bad when you think some guys are close to that for new 450s + interest, pipe, and suspension work.
Yup, that's about right with me also. I just looked at my spreadsheet and I'm sitting at roughly $16,000 all in at the moment.

That's everything including stuff like dealer setup, freight, tax, title, suspension setup, an extra silencer, along with some disposable bits like tires, pile of air filters, and multiple chain/sprockets. That tallies to about $3,000 and is included in my $16,000 all in.

Just as Zesiger 112 said, I don't find that too bad spread out over the 4 years since I bought the bike. For comparison a 2017 KTM Factory Edition 450 went for $10,400 msrp originally. Current Husqvarna Rockstar Edition is $11,200 msrp. Include tax, title, registration, dealer fees, and a suspension revalve and you are easily looking at another $3,000 for a bike with standard suspension coupled with a few top bits (a nice pipe, clutch cover, factory triples, and factory wheelset).

Granted I get phenomenal pricing on most of my stuff, plus some used parts deal hunting, so I realize my build at retail pricing would be much more, probably similar again to Zesiger 112's estimation of $25,000+...., but if you are patient... you can find lots of great used parts at big savings.

As for the bike build... Seth505 wanted to ride last week so I slapped on the new wheelset and a few blue bits and headed over to State Fair MX. Also wanted to give it a couple last hurrahs on the old suspension (I haven't ridden it in about 4 months...) while the A-kit stuff is getting revalved at AEO. So that was fun. The Maxxis Fat Bike tubes held up just fine as well.. so that's nice. What was not nice was my countershaft sprocket bolt shearing off at the track (was checking torque between motos) ending my day early... but luckily the lads at AEO got it out super quick and I had a new Race Titanium bolt waiting for me in the mailbox :-D

Here's a few detail shots... since I forgot to take a full bike pic. Next up will be riding Wednesday at Cahuilla on the old suspension/triples... then I'll bolt on the A-kit suspension/triples... and finish designing my custom graphics. THEN SHE WILL BE COMPLETE! (for now....)

Pirate421
11/30/2020 5:33pm
Are you running your fastway pegs in the lower/back position? I just ordered some and can’t wait to hopefully open the cockpit on my bike a bit. I have a new XC so I’ve read the stock XC pegs are actually a bit higher than the sx pegs. I’m not super tall but I feel like a baby giraffe on the thing.
Rickyisms
11/30/2020 7:30pm
Glad to hear the countershaft incident wasn’t as bad as it could’ve been! If I can cast a vote, I would change the carb overflow hoses out to translucent blue to match your color scheme or the OEM pink color Honda and what the 2016 Euro bikes had. I think the pink always looks like the best. Just my $0.02.
Alex.434
11/30/2020 11:23pm Edited Date/Time 11/30/2020 11:35pm
Pirate421 wrote:
Are you running your fastway pegs in the lower/back position? I just ordered some and can’t wait to hopefully open the cockpit on my bike a...
Are you running your fastway pegs in the lower/back position? I just ordered some and can’t wait to hopefully open the cockpit on my bike a bit. I have a new XC so I’ve read the stock XC pegs are actually a bit higher than the sx pegs. I’m not super tall but I feel like a baby giraffe on the thing.
Yes, I am running the Fastway pegs in the lower/back position. I'd never set a bike up for my height before this bike, which I did not long after I bought it. I put on the Fastway pegs and CR High bars and wow, it made a noticeable difference! I'm 6'1" tall with most of my height being in my torso (short/normal legs for my height) and I found the bars were great for standing up and not being so hunched over while the pegs helped with the sitting to standing transition. I recommend you try experimenting with what works for you and I'm bummed it took me so long to try this!

Rickyisms wrote - Glad to hear the countershaft incident wasn’t as bad as it could’ve been! If I can cast a vote, I would change the carb overflow hoses out to translucent blue to match your color scheme or the OEM pink color Honda and what the 2016 Euro bikes had. I think the pink always looks like the best. Just my $0.02.

Agreed! Seth505 and I just sat there in stunned silence for a few. I was really bummed... glad it was sorted quickly. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not too keen on the stock yellow Lectron hoses either. Appreciate that.

ar15 wrote: Nice bike!! Anything in mind on ignition ECU like one from GET or HPI? I'm considering getting one for our KTM SX250, but I don't know if it's worth while spending the money. It has already quite some power after rejetting, head mod, Ozzo reed assembly, and HGS aftermarket exhaust. Any experience from someone?

Nothing in mind currently on the ignition front outside of the map switch I installed on the bars, as the 2017 model didn't come with one. I never really feel like the bike lacks power and the only additional 'power' mod I have planned is a VHM head at some point (probably when I do a top end around 45-50 hours). https://www.langston-motorsports.com/collections/vhm-heads-and-inserts/…

Currently for power I have: Moto Tassarini V4 reeds, Scalvini pipe, and a pair of FMF Powercore 2.1 silencers (shorty and standard) and the bike hustles right along.

Though if anyone has experience with these bikes and some ECU mods... fire away! Love to learn more.
12/1/2020 2:55am
Alex.434 wrote:
Original plan was to get everything together, and on, before riding the bike but I have since rethought that. As I haven't been on the bike...
Original plan was to get everything together, and on, before riding the bike but I have since rethought that. As I haven't been on the bike in a few months, I think it would be more fun to get one more ride in on the original stock suspension before putting the kit XACT PRO stuff on, for that whole 'compare / contrast' thing.

So tonight I started bolting things together to get the bike ready for a ride next week. Rotors & sprocket on with titanium fasteners, factory parts axle carrier and carbon caliper guard. The factory wheelset with the Starcrosses mounted are back from AEO and the lads over there were pretty skeptical of the Maxxis Fat Bicycle tubes going in... but when I picked the wheels up they said 'yup, they went right in.. and man carrying the wheel around you can feel the weight difference! Let us know how it works!'. I learned about the bicycle tube trick in this thread.

Might notice the ground entry edges of my brake pads. That's a trick I learned from the Graves Motorsports guys and their factory R6 race bikes. Helps with sliding the discs/wheel in and out.

erik_94COBRA wrote:

Yeah AEO/REP is awesome and having Mark Johnson over there, Dungey's championship winning suspension tech, makes it the go to shop for WP work.

How did you like the 300 kit? That's someting I'd maybe consider 'down the road' but that's a ways off. Shorter term I'm thinking VHM head for it... well because they look fucking tits.

Perfect looking bike your TC 250 👏👏
In this Post you ask for the 300cc Kit i have one my KTM.
I think it’s one of the best Upgrades you can due to a SX\TC 250 .
It’s fast but easy to ride and controll like a 4Stroke

This is my SX 300

12/1/2020 3:24am
In the First Post i read you have a Lectron Carb
I think about to buy one , is it worth the 550€ it costs in Europe?
How it’s Performance wise compared to the Mikuni ?
Rickyisms
12/1/2020 7:12pm
Alex.434 wrote:
Original plan was to get everything together, and on, before riding the bike but I have since rethought that. As I haven't been on the bike...

erik_94COBRA wrote:

Perfect looking bike your TC 250 👏👏 In this Post you ask for the 300cc Kit i have one my KTM. I think it’s one of...
Perfect looking bike your TC 250 👏👏
In this Post you ask for the 300cc Kit i have one my KTM.
I think it’s one of the best Upgrades you can due to a SX\TC 250 .
It’s fast but easy to ride and controll like a 4Stroke

This is my SX 300

Nice bike man, but holy shit is that handle on your stand long!
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
12/3/2020 9:39am
Someone rode their Husky with new suspension yesterday and have not reported how it went...Evil

Post a reply to: Forever Bike Husqvarna TC250 Build

The Latest