“Factory” 2020 FC350 (also some different parts tests)

Gmoney911
Edited Date/Time 12/20/2019 7:22am
So I have decided to do a little build on my 2020 FC350. I figured since Husky doesn’t make a “factory edition” 350 (understandable), I will build my own. I’m going towards the look they had at Red bud and fed nations this year. To be quite honest, I really hated this bike when I first got it. Hated the suspension, hated the power delivery, just about everything about it. But I’ve done a few things since I’ve gotten it and it’s become probably my favorite bike I’ve ever owned.

So I rode the bike bone stock for the first 3 weeks and I had nothing but problems with my forks. Something internally on the air side had failed and cause my forks to loose air and slide down the tube. Not all the way but a noticeable difference. I’ll add some pics at the end. But I turned to my local Race tech guy Tyler at “Applied race technologies” Her in Colorado and let him work his magic on the suspension. We did a “worcs” style valving cause I do a lot of off-road races with moto mixed in. I don’t know what he did to that suspension but it is LIGHTYEARS better than stock form. I’ve never had an air fork work this well in all types of riding. I highly recommend him if you need suspension work.

The other thing I was not a huge fan of was the motor. Coming off Yamaha’s I was used to “exiting” motors. This 350 seemed very tight and starved for air. I had always read about the ktm/husky lineup needing a “break in” period. Again, coming off Yamaha’s this was something I’ve never had to deal with. At this point I got ahold of Kris keefer and asked his suggestions on what to do cause I was ready to trade the bike back in on a 2020 yamaha. But Kris assured me the motor would come around about the 6-8 hour mark, and gave me a few parts to swap out.

So I rode the bike stock with the suspension work for a while and really ended up liking it. I drilled some holes in the air box cover (Per Keefer) to let the bike breathe a little. (My dealer never gave me the vented cover that was supposed to come with the bike). This setup works very well for your average guy but at this point I’m still looking for that “excitement” factor.

For those of you with a 350, what other things should I look at? Keep in mind an exhaust is on its way and I have some other parts coming as well.

These first 2 are the fork issue I had.

|
adam8781
12/10/2019 8:03am
the stock muffler has a huge non removeable baffle, go to the dealer and get the side plate they owe you, its engineered and works better than drilled holes. and a slip on goes A HUGE way towards waking up that bike. after that id suggest an igniton remap from ahm, xpr or vortex ecu.
Gmoney911
12/10/2019 2:24pm
adam8781 wrote:
the stock muffler has a huge non removeable baffle, go to the dealer and get the side plate they owe you, its engineered and works better...
the stock muffler has a huge non removeable baffle, go to the dealer and get the side plate they owe you, its engineered and works better than drilled holes. and a slip on goes A HUGE way towards waking up that bike. after that id suggest an igniton remap from ahm, xpr or vortex ecu.
The baffle is the dumbest thing ever, i understand it, just dumb. I have since gotten the vented side plate from the dealer. their argument was that is was "only for the 250 and 450's." But i did get it. I also have a Titanium FMF 4.1 on the way, i'm super excited to see how that works. As for the ignition mapping, My biggest concern with that is i don't want this thing to end up being like a 450 and pulling my arms off. I need to be able to hold on to it for 2+ hours and all day enduros. If it just cleans it up, then ill go for it but i don't need something that's going to give me a shit ton of power. Have you had it done before? I"ve heard great things about what Jamie at Twisted Development can do with that ECU.
PTshox
12/10/2019 3:59pm
Give Blais Racing a try on the ECU remap. He used to ride for KTM.
adam8781
12/10/2019 5:11pm Edited Date/Time 12/10/2019 5:12pm
Gmoney911 wrote:
The baffle is the dumbest thing ever, i understand it, just dumb. I have since gotten the vented side plate from the dealer. their argument was...
The baffle is the dumbest thing ever, i understand it, just dumb. I have since gotten the vented side plate from the dealer. their argument was that is was "only for the 250 and 450's." But i did get it. I also have a Titanium FMF 4.1 on the way, i'm super excited to see how that works. As for the ignition mapping, My biggest concern with that is i don't want this thing to end up being like a 450 and pulling my arms off. I need to be able to hold on to it for 2+ hours and all day enduros. If it just cleans it up, then ill go for it but i don't need something that's going to give me a shit ton of power. Have you had it done before? I"ve heard great things about what Jamie at Twisted Development can do with that ECU.
my mind is always on mx, im not sure how much is tobe gained (in a good way) for offroad. the 350 is pretty smooth but makes its best power revved to the moon. My daily mx weapon is a done out yz250 that is just straight up violent to ride, every 450 i ride i want more bottom and "snap" like im used to so i might no be the best guy to know what an offroad guy needs lol. yea ive used tokyo mods, motolab, next ill try twisted, ahm, xpr etc. lots of good ignition tuners out there but not sure if its alot tobe gained in an offroad setup. will need the cooling fan and high pressure rad cap for sure

The Shop

Gmoney911
12/11/2019 2:44pm
I got a ton of new parts in the mail today. The FMF 4.1, 52t rear sprocket, graphics, and other odds and ends all showed up today. Ill throw them on within the next couple days and get this thing rolling! I am actually super excited to see how the mix of all these parts wakes the bike up.
Taylor415
12/11/2019 3:29pm
You'll love the 52T. I have one on my 17 350sxf and it made it just where I wanted. One of the best mods for these bikes. I run the same exhaust as well.
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
12/11/2019 5:36pm
muffler made a big diff on the 18 fc350. have you put in a 2 stroke filter cage? that helps too.
ben5020
12/11/2019 6:54pm
Send your cam to dcr cams and get his regrind, exhaust, g.e.t. Ecu, race gas and shell run like a raped ape! Love the power now on my bike with those mods
captmoto
12/11/2019 9:56pm
Here's what I did to my FC450, Bill's Pipes full system, 2 stroke air cage, 5 holes, Twisted Development remap. VP T4. The pipe and remap made big differences, both about equal and impressive. Tokyo mods was a bust for me. Glad it was only $95.
Gmoney911
12/12/2019 5:52am
captmoto wrote:
Here's what I did to my FC450, Bill's Pipes full system, 2 stroke air cage, 5 holes, Twisted Development remap. VP T4. The pipe and remap...
Here's what I did to my FC450, Bill's Pipes full system, 2 stroke air cage, 5 holes, Twisted Development remap. VP T4. The pipe and remap made big differences, both about equal and impressive. Tokyo mods was a bust for me. Glad it was only $95.
Yeah I’ve heard some indifferent things about Tokyo mods. After talking a bit with keefer, twisted will get my ecu when winter hinders riding here in the Rockies. And I have heard about Switching to the 2 stroke cage, luckily my pops actually has the tc250 so I’m gonna test it both ways.
Gmoney911
12/12/2019 5:58am
Well I got a little antsy and installed my graphics and slip on last night. I rode the bike in our lot at the shop and holy crap this thing has become an animal! I’ve never seen just a slip on make that big of a change! I’m super excited to see how it rides on the track!

Rickyisms
12/12/2019 7:51am
Gmoney911 wrote:
Well I got a little antsy and installed my graphics and slip on last night. I rode the bike in our lot at the shop and...
Well I got a little antsy and installed my graphics and slip on last night. I rode the bike in our lot at the shop and holy crap this thing has become an animal! I’ve never seen just a slip on make that big of a change! I’m super excited to see how it rides on the track!

Graphics are bad ass.
shuggs
12/14/2019 11:28am
Gmoney911 wrote:
Well I got a little antsy and installed my graphics and slip on last night. I rode the bike in our lot at the shop and...

Rickyisms wrote:
Graphics are bad ass.
Yes but needs a seat cover to finish them off
Gmoney911
12/15/2019 6:58am
Gmoney911 wrote:

Rickyisms wrote:
Graphics are bad ass.
shuggs wrote:
Yes but needs a seat cover to finish them off
I have one just haven’t put it on yet
T-Fish
Fantasy
335th
12/16/2019 3:40am
If you think the silencer made a difference, just wait until Twisted does your ECU!
Gmoney911
12/16/2019 12:46pm
So i actually got to put in some real laps in this weekend and holy crap this thing is an animal. Im still looking for a little more carry from 3rd gear coming out of corner. So ill throw on that 52 rear and that should be a lot better. I'll also be on the lookout for some new wheels, probably black wheels and blue hubs. We'll see what i can find.
Gmoney911
12/16/2019 12:47pm
T-Fish wrote:
If you think the silencer made a difference, just wait until Twisted does your ECU!
Have you had it done before? If so what did you think?
T-Fish
Fantasy
335th
12/16/2019 3:51pm
T-Fish wrote:
Gmoney911 wrote:
Dude, you won’t even recognize your bike once TD gets ahold of that ECU. Myself, I had them map a Vortex for my 350, but my buddy had them remap his stock ECU. We’ve swapped that ECU with my stock one to see the difference back to back, and it’s incredible how different it is. You won’t regret it! Aaaaaand, if you decide to go to a Vortex later, they’ll put that money you spent towards that and remap your stock ECU back to stock. So you can kind of use it as a layaway system for a Vortex and not lose anything if that makes sense.
Gmoney911
12/17/2019 3:38pm
T-Fish wrote:
Gmoney911 wrote:
T-Fish wrote:
Dude, you won’t even recognize your bike once TD gets ahold of that ECU. Myself, I had them map a Vortex for my 350, but my...
Dude, you won’t even recognize your bike once TD gets ahold of that ECU. Myself, I had them map a Vortex for my 350, but my buddy had them remap his stock ECU. We’ve swapped that ECU with my stock one to see the difference back to back, and it’s incredible how different it is. You won’t regret it! Aaaaaand, if you decide to go to a Vortex later, they’ll put that money you spent towards that and remap your stock ECU back to stock. So you can kind of use it as a layaway system for a Vortex and not lose anything if that makes sense.
That's good to know! I'll be giving them a call later this week to see what we can come up with.
erik_94COBRA
12/19/2019 4:10am
Sweet build. I test rode one at a demo day and am pretty sure it will be my next bike.

What are the main benefits from the remap and exhaust for the FC350?
Gmoney911
12/19/2019 7:23am
Sweet build. I test rode one at a demo day and am pretty sure it will be my next bike. What are the main benefits from...
Sweet build. I test rode one at a demo day and am pretty sure it will be my next bike.

What are the main benefits from the remap and exhaust for the FC350?
They're great bikes for sure. I'm super glad i bought one. But for me, just the slip on did WONDERS for that motor. It adds power everywhere and the over rev is insane. As far as the mapping i'm not completely sure since i haven't had it done yet. I'm sure depending on who you have do it they can tailor to what you specifically want the motor to do.
MXer391
12/19/2019 2:09pm
Congrats on the new bike. I'm on my 3rd 350 and really like them. I've had a '14, '17, and '19 KTM 350 SXF. The airfork is a little tricky to set up (I'm still working on perfecting mine) but overall they are awesome bikes and have been very reliable. Performance wise I have the two stroke filter cage and a modified airbox cover as well as 14/52 gearing. I had my '14 remapped by TZR and my '17 by Tokyo Mods. Both helped but I am leaning towards trying Twisted Development this time around. I see you put a slip on FMF and thats a good mod. The stock headers are very good. My KTM doesnt have that baffle thing that the Husky's have so I'm still running the stock muffler with the screen cut out. Keep an eye on the spokes and watch the brake pedal spring as they break often. I think you can put a CRF one on that has rubber around it. The handlebar mounts suck too, they twist easily in a crash and for some reason my '19's come loose all the time so I will be replacing them with Ride Engineering mounts. I had the Ride Engineering axle blocks and CRF axle on one of my bikes too and it makes adjusting the chain easier and is supposed to free up the shock too. I honestly couldn't tell you it made a huge difference but it looked cool haha. I also have the Rekluse Radius CX auto clutch in mine. I ride mostly moto but do venture off road and it is a pretty sweet mod as well.
Gmoney911
12/20/2019 7:22am
MXer391 wrote:
Congrats on the new bike. I'm on my 3rd 350 and really like them. I've had a '14, '17, and '19 KTM 350 SXF. The airfork...
Congrats on the new bike. I'm on my 3rd 350 and really like them. I've had a '14, '17, and '19 KTM 350 SXF. The airfork is a little tricky to set up (I'm still working on perfecting mine) but overall they are awesome bikes and have been very reliable. Performance wise I have the two stroke filter cage and a modified airbox cover as well as 14/52 gearing. I had my '14 remapped by TZR and my '17 by Tokyo Mods. Both helped but I am leaning towards trying Twisted Development this time around. I see you put a slip on FMF and thats a good mod. The stock headers are very good. My KTM doesnt have that baffle thing that the Husky's have so I'm still running the stock muffler with the screen cut out. Keep an eye on the spokes and watch the brake pedal spring as they break often. I think you can put a CRF one on that has rubber around it. The handlebar mounts suck too, they twist easily in a crash and for some reason my '19's come loose all the time so I will be replacing them with Ride Engineering mounts. I had the Ride Engineering axle blocks and CRF axle on one of my bikes too and it makes adjusting the chain easier and is supposed to free up the shock too. I honestly couldn't tell you it made a huge difference but it looked cool haha. I also have the Rekluse Radius CX auto clutch in mine. I ride mostly moto but do venture off road and it is a pretty sweet mod as well.
Thanks for the info! As far as the bar mounts, i will be getting a mako 360 bar mount. if youve never tried one of them, you're missing out. And I've heard of people doing the Axle swap to the CRF one, does it really make that big of a difference? Id love to try it out!

Post a reply to: “Factory” 2020 FC350 (also some different parts tests)

The Latest