Do any exhaust companies make a "works" finish pipe for a 2004 YZ125?

Camp332
10/14/2019 9:04am Edited Date/Time 10/15/2019 12:04pm
Bros,
Are there any companies out there that make the "works" finish pipes for the steel framed YZ's? I've looked at Bill's, FMF, and Pro Circuit so far, and all I see are the platinum plated pipes. Let me know! Thank you.
|
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
10/14/2019 10:23am
Camp332 wrote:
Bros, Are there any companies out there that make the "works" finish pipes for the steel framed YZ's? I've looked at Bill's, FMF, and Pro Circuit...
Bros,
Are there any companies out there that make the "works" finish pipes for the steel framed YZ's? I've looked at Bill's, FMF, and Pro Circuit so far, and all I see are the platinum plated pipes. Let me know! Thank you.
Call PC. I had an 03 and wanted on really bad. They said they did have some but that had like dime sized dents.
Action69
10/14/2019 11:49am
Try DEP pipes.
Action69
10/14/2019 11:52am
Deppipes.com has what your looking for

The Shop

Camp332
10/14/2019 12:56pm
Thanks dudes!
Agent717
10/14/2019 1:54pm
You've seen mine, I ended up knocking the paint off the stock one. I thought it came out pretty good but you don't get the performance. I just picked up an FMF SST, wondering what would happen if you vapor blasted one of these "gold series" finishes?

Camp332
10/14/2019 2:17pm
Agent717 wrote:
You've seen mine, I ended up knocking the paint off the stock one. I thought it came out pretty good but you don't get the performance...
You've seen mine, I ended up knocking the paint off the stock one. I thought it came out pretty good but you don't get the performance. I just picked up an FMF SST, wondering what would happen if you vapor blasted one of these "gold series" finishes?

Yeah you killed it with the stock pipe! Looks great.
Action69
10/14/2019 3:21pm
With the works style pipe make sure to wipe it down with olive oil to maintain the raw metal finish after every ride,they rust up pretty quick..
TymeMoto
10/14/2019 5:19pm
Agent717 wrote:
You've seen mine, I ended up knocking the paint off the stock one. I thought it came out pretty good but you don't get the performance...

Dude that bike looks awesome, seriously nice work!
Camp332
10/14/2019 6:22pm
Action69 wrote:
With the works style pipe make sure to wipe it down with olive oil to maintain the raw metal finish after every ride,they rust up pretty...
With the works style pipe make sure to wipe it down with olive oil to maintain the raw metal finish after every ride,they rust up pretty quick..
You must be Italian. I like your style.
Action69
10/14/2019 7:22pm
Partial.lol but serious if you live where there is humidity it will work the best..it doesn’t rub off very easily.
Camp332
10/15/2019 6:01am
Thanks Lostboy, that silencer looks trick!

Action69, thanks!

@Agent717, I'm pretty sure we went through this before via email. Where did you get the blue fork, and frame guards? I went with LightSpeed's fork, and frame guards, but would love to find an alternative when the time comes to replace them.

Agent717
10/15/2019 11:05am
Camp332 wrote:
Thanks Lostboy, that silencer looks trick! Action69, thanks! @Agent717, I'm pretty sure we went through this before via email. Where did you get the blue fork...
Thanks Lostboy, that silencer looks trick!

Action69, thanks!

@Agent717, I'm pretty sure we went through this before via email. Where did you get the blue fork, and frame guards? I went with LightSpeed's fork, and frame guards, but would love to find an alternative when the time comes to replace them.

I'm running newer SSS forks so there were a lot more options on the guards. I think I bought Acerbis from ebay.
Regarding the frame gaurds, those are super cheap UFO from Amazon. I actually saw in another thread that you can run the newer style Acerbis guards that are made for the aluminum frames with very little modification so I think I'm gonna order some. The UFO ones are pretty cheap and slippery.
Camp332
10/15/2019 11:54am Edited Date/Time 10/15/2019 11:56am
Agent717 wrote:
I'm running newer SSS forks so there were a lot more options on the guards. I think I bought Acerbis from ebay. Regarding the frame gaurds...
I'm running newer SSS forks so there were a lot more options on the guards. I think I bought Acerbis from ebay.
Regarding the frame gaurds, those are super cheap UFO from Amazon. I actually saw in another thread that you can run the newer style Acerbis guards that are made for the aluminum frames with very little modification so I think I'm gonna order some. The UFO ones are pretty cheap and slippery.
Oh man, that's some solid news. Those new style Acerbis frame guards are nice looking! I may order a set today, and take a chance. SSS forks is a bucket list item for this bike no doubt, did you upgrade the front brake when you put the SSS setup on? (Not thrilled with this front brake, I rebuilt the master cylinder, caliper, new steel braided brake line, new brake pads, and still not great compared to my previous Hondas.)
Agent717
10/15/2019 12:04pm
Agent717 wrote:
I'm running newer SSS forks so there were a lot more options on the guards. I think I bought Acerbis from ebay. Regarding the frame gaurds...
Camp332 wrote:
Oh man, that's some solid news. Those new style Acerbis frame guards are nice looking! I may order a set today, and take a chance. SSS...
Oh man, that's some solid news. Those new style Acerbis frame guards are nice looking! I may order a set today, and take a chance. SSS forks is a bucket list item for this bike no doubt, did you upgrade the front brake when you put the SSS setup on? (Not thrilled with this front brake, I rebuilt the master cylinder, caliper, new steel braided brake line, new brake pads, and still not great compared to my previous Hondas.)
Yeah I was stoked to see that you can run the new frame guards!

I'm running a full 2014 Honda front brake (MC/Cable/Caliper). It's SOOOO much better than the old Yamaha brake. Highly recommend. There are usually bunch for really cheap on ebay. I think I paid $60 for the whole setup. Now my rear brake feels like shit haha.
Camp332
10/15/2019 12:29pm
Agent717 wrote:
Camp332 wrote:
Oh man, that's some solid news. Those new style Acerbis frame guards are nice looking! I may order a set today, and take a chance. SSS...
Agent717 wrote:
Yeah I was stoked to see that you can run the new frame guards! I'm running a full 2014 Honda front brake (MC/Cable/Caliper). It's SOOOO much...

I'm running a full 2014 Honda front brake (MC/Cable/Caliper). It's SOOOO much better than the old Yamaha brake. Highly recommend. There are usually bunch for really cheap on ebay. I think I paid $60 for the whole setup. Now my rear brake feels like shit haha.
Wow, and they bolted right up to the SSS? Who knew these SSS were so "plug n play"? I sure didn't know.

Yeah I bet the Honda front brake feels great compared to the old YZ brake. Smile
Agent717
10/15/2019 12:39pm
Camp332 wrote:
Agent717 wrote:
Yeah I was stoked to see that you can run the new frame guards! I'm running a full 2014 Honda front brake (MC/Cable/Caliper). It's SOOOO much...

Camp332 wrote:
Wow, and they bolted right up to the SSS? Who knew these SSS were so "plug n play"? I sure didn't know. Yeah I bet the...
Wow, and they bolted right up to the SSS? Who knew these SSS were so "plug n play"? I sure didn't know.

Yeah I bet the Honda front brake feels great compared to the old YZ brake. Smile
I ran the Honda setup on the old fork before I switched so you should be good to go!
Camp332
10/15/2019 12:51pm
Agent717 wrote:
I ran the Honda setup on the old fork before I switched so you should be good to go!
A wealth of knowledge, Agent. Thanks again!
smezmx
10/26/2019 2:13pm
Scalvini.....steely 125 pipe...

Post a reply to: Do any exhaust companies make a "works" finish pipe for a 2004 YZ125?

The Latest