Do any exhaust companies make a "works" finish pipe for a 2004 YZ125?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/14/2019 9:04 AM

Bros,
Are there any companies out there that make the "works" finish pipes for the steel framed YZ's? I've looked at Bill's, FMF, and Pro Circuit so far, and all I see are the platinum plated pipes. Let me know! Thank you.

|

United States of America

10/14/2019 10:23 AM

Camp332 wrote:

Bros,
Are there any companies out there that make the "works" finish pipes for the steel framed YZ's? I've looked at Bill's, FMF, and Pro Circuit so far, and all I see are the platinum plated pipes. Let me know! Thank you.

Call PC. I had an 03 and wanted on really bad. They said they did have some but that had like dime sized dents.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

10/14/2019 10:58 AM

Scalvini makes a Cone Pipe

|

10/14/2019 11:49 AM

Try DEP pipes.

|

10/14/2019 11:52 AM

Deppipes.com has what your looking for

|

10/14/2019 12:56 PM

Thanks dudes!

|

United States of America

10/14/2019 1:54 PM

You've seen mine, I ended up knocking the paint off the stock one. I thought it came out pretty good but you don't get the performance. I just picked up an FMF SST, wondering what would happen if you vapor blasted one of these "gold series" finishes?



|

10/14/2019 2:17 PM

Agent717 wrote:

You've seen mine, I ended up knocking the paint off the stock one. I thought it came out pretty good but you don't get the performance. I just picked up an FMF SST, wondering what would happen if you vapor blasted one of these "gold series" finishes?



Yeah you killed it with the stock pipe! Looks great.

|

United States of America

10/14/2019 3:21 PM

With the works style pipe make sure to wipe it down with olive oil to maintain the raw metal finish after every ride,they rust up pretty quick..

|

10/14/2019 5:19 PM

Agent717 wrote:

You've seen mine, I ended up knocking the paint off the stock one. I thought it came out pretty good but you don't get the performance. I just picked up an FMF SST, wondering what would happen if you vapor blasted one of these "gold series" finishes?



Dude that bike looks awesome, seriously nice work!

|

10/14/2019 6:10 PM

BUD racing has some badass works pipes and even cooler carbon fiber silencers for the steel framed YZs https://www.budracing-usa.com/us/


|

Ed Johnson

10/14/2019 6:22 PM

Action69 wrote:

With the works style pipe make sure to wipe it down with olive oil to maintain the raw metal finish after every ride,they rust up pretty quick..

You must be Italian. I like your style.

|

United States of America

10/14/2019 7:22 PM

Partial.lol but serious if you live where there is humidity it will work the best..it doesn’t rub off very easily.

|

10/14/2019 8:05 PM




|

10/15/2019 6:01 AM

Thanks Lostboy, that silencer looks trick!

Action69, thanks!

@Agent717, I'm pretty sure we went through this before via email. Where did you get the blue fork, and frame guards? I went with LightSpeed's fork, and frame guards, but would love to find an alternative when the time comes to replace them.

|

United States of America

10/15/2019 11:05 AM

Camp332 wrote:

Thanks Lostboy, that silencer looks trick!

Action69, thanks!

@Agent717, I'm pretty sure we went through this before via email. Where did you get the blue fork, and frame guards? I went with LightSpeed's fork, and frame guards, but would love to find an alternative when the time comes to replace them.

I'm running newer SSS forks so there were a lot more options on the guards. I think I bought Acerbis from ebay.
Regarding the frame gaurds, those are super cheap UFO from Amazon. I actually saw in another thread that you can run the newer style Acerbis guards that are made for the aluminum frames with very little modification so I think I'm gonna order some. The UFO ones are pretty cheap and slippery.

|

10/15/2019 11:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/15/2019 11:56 AM

Agent717 wrote:

I'm running newer SSS forks so there were a lot more options on the guards. I think I bought Acerbis from ebay.
Regarding the frame gaurds, those are super cheap UFO from Amazon. I actually saw in another thread that you can run the newer style Acerbis guards that are made for the aluminum frames with very little modification so I think I'm gonna order some. The UFO ones are pretty cheap and slippery.

Oh man, that's some solid news. Those new style Acerbis frame guards are nice looking! I may order a set today, and take a chance. SSS forks is a bucket list item for this bike no doubt, did you upgrade the front brake when you put the SSS setup on? (Not thrilled with this front brake, I rebuilt the master cylinder, caliper, new steel braided brake line, new brake pads, and still not great compared to my previous Hondas.)

|

United States of America

10/15/2019 12:04 PM

Camp332 wrote:

Thanks Lostboy, that silencer looks trick!

Action69, thanks!

@Agent717, I'm pretty sure we went through this before via email. Where did you get the blue fork, and frame guards? I went with LightSpeed's fork, and frame guards, but would love to find an alternative when the time comes to replace them.

Agent717 wrote:

I'm running newer SSS forks so there were a lot more options on the guards. I think I bought Acerbis from ebay.
Regarding the frame gaurds, those are super cheap UFO from Amazon. I actually saw in another thread that you can run the newer style Acerbis guards that are made for the aluminum frames with very little modification so I think I'm gonna order some. The UFO ones are pretty cheap and slippery.

Camp332 wrote:

Oh man, that's some solid news. Those new style Acerbis frame guards are nice looking! I may order a set today, and take a chance. SSS forks is a bucket list item for this bike no doubt, did you upgrade the front brake when you put the SSS setup on? (Not thrilled with this front brake, I rebuilt the master cylinder, caliper, new steel braided brake line, new brake pads, and still not great compared to my previous Hondas.)

Yeah I was stoked to see that you can run the new frame guards!

I'm running a full 2014 Honda front brake (MC/Cable/Caliper). It's SOOOO much better than the old Yamaha brake. Highly recommend. There are usually bunch for really cheap on ebay. I think I paid $60 for the whole setup. Now my rear brake feels like shit haha.

|

10/15/2019 12:29 PM

Agent717 wrote:

I'm running newer SSS forks so there were a lot more options on the guards. I think I bought Acerbis from ebay.
Regarding the frame gaurds, those are super cheap UFO from Amazon. I actually saw in another thread that you can run the newer style Acerbis guards that are made for the aluminum frames with very little modification so I think I'm gonna order some. The UFO ones are pretty cheap and slippery.

Camp332 wrote:

Oh man, that's some solid news. Those new style Acerbis frame guards are nice looking! I may order a set today, and take a chance. SSS forks is a bucket list item for this bike no doubt, did you upgrade the front brake when you put the SSS setup on? (Not thrilled with this front brake, I rebuilt the master cylinder, caliper, new steel braided brake line, new brake pads, and still not great compared to my previous Hondas.)

Agent717 wrote:

Yeah I was stoked to see that you can run the new frame guards!

I'm running a full 2014 Honda front brake (MC/Cable/Caliper). It's SOOOO much better than the old Yamaha brake. Highly recommend. There are usually bunch for really cheap on ebay. I think I paid $60 for the whole setup. Now my rear brake feels like shit haha.

Wow, and they bolted right up to the SSS? Who knew these SSS were so "plug n play"? I sure didn't know.

Yeah I bet the Honda front brake feels great compared to the old YZ brake. smile

|

United States of America

10/15/2019 12:39 PM

Camp332 wrote:

Oh man, that's some solid news. Those new style Acerbis frame guards are nice looking! I may order a set today, and take a chance. SSS forks is a bucket list item for this bike no doubt, did you upgrade the front brake when you put the SSS setup on? (Not thrilled with this front brake, I rebuilt the master cylinder, caliper, new steel braided brake line, new brake pads, and still not great compared to my previous Hondas.)

Agent717 wrote:

Yeah I was stoked to see that you can run the new frame guards!

I'm running a full 2014 Honda front brake (MC/Cable/Caliper). It's SOOOO much better than the old Yamaha brake. Highly recommend. There are usually bunch for really cheap on ebay. I think I paid $60 for the whole setup. Now my rear brake feels like shit haha.

Camp332 wrote:

Wow, and they bolted right up to the SSS? Who knew these SSS were so "plug n play"? I sure didn't know.

Yeah I bet the Honda front brake feels great compared to the old YZ brake. smile

I ran the Honda setup on the old fork before I switched so you should be good to go!

|

10/15/2019 12:51 PM

Agent717 wrote:

I ran the Honda setup on the old fork before I switched so you should be good to go!

A wealth of knowledge, Agent. Thanks again!

|

United States of America

10/26/2019 2:13 PM

Scalvini.....steely 125 pipe...


|