Crf nightmare

jwood94
Hello everyone im new here!
Ive got a nightmare crf450 2013 model.
Ive been trawling the net for a while but cant seem to get the answers.
Ive replaced the rings, valves in spec, set tps changed fuel filter aswell as bench tested pump and injector both working changed stator as the old one was abit mashed up. I still cant get it to run. Ive triple checked the timing from all points aswell. I had it running after getting towed for about 1/4mile when it was.running it was great loads of power but left it idling and itndied and wouldnt start again (didnt tey to tow it again)
Can anyone shed a single bit of light? Thanks everyone!
|
lukemoto
4/4/2020 1:28pm
jwood94 wrote:
Hello everyone im new here! Ive got a nightmare crf450 2013 model. Ive been trawling the net for a while but cant seem to get the...
Ive replaced the rings, valves in spec, set tps changed fuel filter aswell as bench tested pump and injector both working changed stator as the old one was abit mashed up. I still cant get it to run. Ive triple checked the timing from all points aswell. I had it running after getting towed for about 1/4mile when it was.running it was great loads of power but left it idling and itndied and wouldnt start again (didnt tey to tow it again)
Try disabling the kill switch
jwood94
4/4/2020 1:31pm
jwood94 wrote:
Hello everyone im new here! Ive got a nightmare crf450 2013 model. Ive been trawling the net for a while but cant seem to get the...
lukemoto wrote:
Try disabling the kill switch
That was the first thing i tried, i dint even get any MIL flashing
adam8781
4/4/2020 3:07pm
leak down test, maybe a valve isnt sealing properly

The Shop

OLDMOTO
4/4/2020 4:26pm
Why was the Stator mashed up? What caused that? Do you have spark? Do you have compression? You had the head off, is the cam timed correctly? How did You bench test the fuel pump and injector? Does the fuel pump put out the correct pressure?
You should get a factory service manual and follow the diagnosis procedure in it.
jwood94
4/4/2020 11:14pm
OLDMOTO wrote:
Why was the Stator mashed up? What caused that? Do you have spark? Do you have compression? You had the head off, is the cam timed...
Why was the Stator mashed up? What caused that? Do you have spark? Do you have compression? You had the head off, is the cam timed correctly? How did You bench test the fuel pump and injector? Does the fuel pump put out the correct pressure?
You should get a factory service manual and follow the diagnosis procedure in it.
The plastic coating around both pick ups were melted. I hooked 6v uo to tank and injector and fuel squirted out at what looked like a good pressure. Cam is timed 100% correctly, will have to try a leak down test then. Cheers
OLDMOTO
4/4/2020 11:58pm
Just because the injector sprays doesn't mean all is correct. The fuel pressure from the pump and the timing, amount and duration of the spray has to be correct. Also you may not have power going to the pump or a signal going to the injetor. Have you put a new plug in the cap and grounded it to the engine while kicking the engine over to see the spark? There should be a diagnostic flow chart in the manual. I don't know specifically about the Honda but there should be a diagnostic tool with an LED that you plug in to the FI harness. You attach a power supply and follow the diagnosis flow chart. The LED will flash a series of trouble codes. The manual has a list of what the codes indicate.
jwood94
4/5/2020 12:43am
OLDMOTO wrote:
Just because the injector sprays doesn't mean all is correct. The fuel pressure from the pump and the timing, amount and duration of the spray has...
Just because the injector sprays doesn't mean all is correct. The fuel pressure from the pump and the timing, amount and duration of the spray has to be correct. Also you may not have power going to the pump or a signal going to the injetor. Have you put a new plug in the cap and grounded it to the engine while kicking the engine over to see the spark? There should be a diagnostic flow chart in the manual. I don't know specifically about the Honda but there should be a diagnostic tool with an LED that you plug in to the FI harness. You attach a power supply and follow the diagnosis flow chart. The LED will flash a series of trouble codes. The manual has a list of what the codes indicate.
Thanks for the advice. Yes ive had the okug out and grounded it huge spark dont think thats the problem ive set the gap to correct spec aswell. Never had such a ballache of a bike think im going to stick to carbd bikes in future much more simple

Post a reply to: Crf nightmare

The Latest