Cr 125 build #2 "practice bike"

8/2/2017 1:45am Edited Date/Time 8/9/2017 4:58am
My other thread got a little blurry with 2 bikes.

After I crashed in my latest race and broke my foot, I sold my 250f and tought " ill start over with a 125 to just learn to haul ass on that" (or I'm waiting for the 18 crfGrinning )

Bought a 2006 cr 125 ridden by a girl for some years. And tore it down and got it at least decent to ride on.

Basically I started with this:

Didn't take so much pictures, but cleaned and rebuilt most of it:

Brand new 2007 cr 125 ohlins shock
Borrowed the rocs clamp from the other 125
Ohlins fork from my old 250
999 twinwalls (changed to fatbar with same bend, man these things vibrate!)
Wider pegs
39mm pwk airstriker carb
Carbon reeds
Pro circuit pipe and shorty
13-53 gearing
Borrowed the seat (black diamonds) from my other bike
New linkage bearings
Laced up a excel rim to oem hub in the rear
Slapped in a new piston and clutch, set the squish to 1mm, hoped the Hotrod crank would do for at least 10-15 hrs. So I could get a feel if I wanted to ride 125 and refurbish the engine properly, or sell it.

Etc

Got it like this:

Got some riding done on it, and yeah, these things rip Cool

Apparently, there's no engine braking in these TonguePinch so after I boiled the rear brake 2 times, I ordered some new hoses and 5.1 fluid, that I'm currently waiting for..

At 8.2hrs , last Sunday, I went to our home track, a bottomless sandpit.. got 15min in first moto and I grenaded the engine.. (luckily 50-60m before the tracks biggest jump) could have been worse.

Sooo, I currently got some parts from particles on its way with express shipping, all oem parts..

Piston
Cylinder
Head
Crank + bearings
And all the minor stuff.

800$ for 15min of fun GrinningWhistling

So this is where I'm at now, hoping to get the parts before the weekend, but I don't think so.. will tear it down this weekend, and hopefully get it running next week.
|
8/2/2017 3:59am
Looks like a nice clean bike. Ive always loved that generation of CR, regret selling mine but I've got a steely now.
Badd127
Fantasy
2116th
8/2/2017 7:54am
Nice work on getting that 125 cleaned up. Where are you getting your parts from?

And I'm riding out at arlanda at the moment, just taking a break between motos, you will have to let me know when you are up in Stockholm with your bike.
8/2/2017 8:29am
Badd127 wrote:
Nice work on getting that 125 cleaned up. Where are you getting your parts from? And I'm riding out at arlanda at the moment, just taking...
Nice work on getting that 125 cleaned up. Where are you getting your parts from?

And I'm riding out at arlanda at the moment, just taking a break between motos, you will have to let me know when you are up in Stockholm with your bike.
Thanks, it's decent at least! Smile

I'm working every week in stockholm, bromma. But we don't have a good place at this worksite to store my bike.. working in bromma and living in the city centre, don't have the nerves to store it in the van..

I'll let you know as soon I get an possibility to get the bike with me Smile

I am a parts-dealer myself, so I get it from myself, have to pay for it private tough DryLaughing My distributors are Pse-parts and c.c-products, and a tire supplier from Gothenburg.

More "special" parts I am ordering from partzilla and eBay! Laughing
8/2/2017 10:12am
Badd127 wrote:
Nice work on getting that 125 cleaned up. Where are you getting your parts from? And I'm riding out at arlanda at the moment, just taking...

Lol this is hilarious. I remember flying into Arlanda last summer on the landing to the right and thinking to myself, "Wait holy shit is that an MX track right next to the runway?"

Turns out it is haha. Looks like a fun little track too!

The Shop

Badd127
Fantasy
2116th
8/3/2017 8:00am
Badd127 wrote:

Thanks, it's decent at least! :) I'm working every week in stockholm, bromma. But we don't have a good place at this worksite to store my...

I'm working every week in stockholm, bromma. But we don't have a good place at this worksite to store my bike.. working in bromma and living in the city centre, don't have the nerves to store it in the van..

I am a parts-dealer myself, so I get it from myself, have to pay for it private tough DryLaughing My distributors are Pse-parts and c.c-products, and a tire supplier from Gothenburg.

If you want you can leave your bike in my secure storage area, with my 3 bikes. I could also bring the bike to and from the track, no problem. Then you can take the bike home on the weekend.
When I'm riding a lot I leave my bike in my van, locked up in my garage, sometimes for weeks at a time, my van is alarmed as well.
I never stressed about my bike getting stolen, but I would be devastated if my suspension got stolen Shocked
8/3/2017 8:30am
Badd127 wrote:

Thanks, it's decent at least! :) I'm working every week in stockholm, bromma. But we don't have a good place at this worksite to store my...

Badd127 wrote:
If you want you can leave your bike in my secure storage area, with my 3 bikes. I could also bring the bike to and from...
If you want you can leave your bike in my secure storage area, with my 3 bikes. I could also bring the bike to and from the track, no problem. Then you can take the bike home on the weekend.
When I'm riding a lot I leave my bike in my van, locked up in my garage, sometimes for weeks at a time, my van is alarmed as well.
I never stressed about my bike getting stolen, but I would be devastated if my suspension got stolen Shocked
Sounds awesome! We'll arrange something Smile
Badd127
Fantasy
2116th
8/3/2017 10:56am

Badd127 wrote:
If you want you can leave your bike in my secure storage area, with my 3 bikes. I could also bring the bike to and from...
Sounds awesome! We'll arrange something Smile
Pm me when when you are ready to bring the bike up and I will give you my number.
And you can get a ride on my rmz, to see what you think.
8/3/2017 12:51pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2017 12:53pm
I would love to try that suspension out! And Suzuki I feel comfortable on Smile

Got home from a work week today..

Found out that gearbox bearings need to be changed also, hoping I can get some tomorrow..

And crap Grinning
Tought I got everything in order, this one fell out.. i think it is a collar on the shift drum.. well, 10 years since I took a 2stroke apart, guess I'll look at some blueprints tonigtWhistlingLaughing

22Ryann
Fantasy
3989th
8/4/2017 5:56am
Looks like the collar for the shifter shaft that would rest against the case on the internal side.
Badd127
Fantasy
2116th
8/4/2017 7:29am
Badd127 wrote:

Lol this is hilarious. I remember flying into Arlanda last summer on the landing to the right and thinking to myself, "Wait holy shit is that...
Lol this is hilarious. I remember flying into Arlanda last summer on the landing to the right and thinking to myself, "Wait holy shit is that an MX track right next to the runway?"

Turns out it is haha. Looks like a fun little track too!
It's my favourite track in the stockholm aera. They prep it well too.

HenryA
8/4/2017 12:37pm
Guess that engine had some hours on it since the last rebuild, that poor thing probably screamed for 15minutes before she finally decided to let go!

Looking forward to see how this bike will turn out. You're doing the right thing by stacking up on 125's. One can never have enough of those bikes... Whistling
8/4/2017 1:29pm
HenryA wrote:
Guess that engine had some hours on it since the last rebuild, that poor thing probably screamed for 15minutes before she finally decided to let go...
Guess that engine had some hours on it since the last rebuild, that poor thing probably screamed for 15minutes before she finally decided to let go!

Looking forward to see how this bike will turn out. You're doing the right thing by stacking up on 125's. One can never have enough of those bikes... Whistling
Yeah i bought it from a girl that had it for years, not ridden alot, but not serviced alot either.. Dry

Talked to a friend today that had been at the same track this Wednesday, it was still other people talking in the pits about how I held this thing WFO for those 15 minTongue

But it was a diamond in the rough for 1200$ Grinning

Thanks, hopefully I keep this "as is" Whistling

Badd: that is nicely prepped! Cool
8/9/2017 3:21am
Lets see if we can't get this girl fired up before the weekend Cool

Still waiting on the 2 gearbox bearings, hopefully I'll get them on Friday. I need to ride!

Installed the exhaust port and studs, measured piston gap and ring gap, spot on!

Also installed the crank bearings, waiting for the cases to cool and then I'll install seals and get the crank in the right side case.

Then I need my bearings..

Lynch
8/9/2017 4:58am
This makes me want to take my 125 out! Arlanda is a lot of fun if it rains the day/night before, it turns into a dust cloud when it's dried up.
8/9/2017 7:43am
This is as far as I get now, shipper says that the last bearings gets here on friday, I hope..Smile

8/10/2017 11:21am
Up and running!

Sounds better from the engine, so hopefully it will last more than 8hrs totalTongue

May go back to the track I broke it on this saturday, maybe I get 20 min this time? Grinning

YamahaJT1
8/12/2017 9:45am
Was the "mystery collar" this one that goes onto the pawl assembly?

I recently rebuilt the entire engine/transmission on my 05' CR125. I fabricated a custom tool so when the case halves were pressed onto the crank, only the inner crank bearing races took the pressure. I am OCD. You do nice work!
8/13/2017 1:07am
Yeah it was that collar!

Went to Tibro yesterday, bike held up 1 hr at leastGrinning

Going back to the soft sand track I broke it on right nowWhistling
I adjusted the needle 1 clip richer before I fired it up after the rebuild, sparkplug looks good so I may keep it like this, although I feel maybe it's a little too rich.

Have some rattling from the clutch (I listen too much to these things Tongue ) so I have got a Hinson outer basket on order and new roller bearing for it

Post a reply to: Cr 125 build #2 "practice bike"

The Latest