Chad Reed - Team JGR/Suzuki 2-stroke replica 2019

Edited Date/Time 3/30/2021 6:55pm
Picked up this bone stock 2008 RM250 from the original owner who maybe put 3 gas tanks of premix through her...original frame paint & top end in it (spare top end kit came with it). She runs like a gem...decided to do a replica build on it without going over board! Gonna spend more time on it once the snow falls. Many more aftermarket parts to be ordered, BUT, I’m gonna need help in getting some ‘unobtanium’ items to complete the build. Not much aftermarket product support up here in Canada unfortunately! Thanks for looking!

FYI...placing an order tomorrow for a Bill’s cone pipe w/carbon silencer!

|
bayodome
Fantasy
4305th
10/2/2020 7:11am
I like it. Just needs those Suzuki yellow rims and you're 100% there!
TunaBro
10/2/2020 9:39am
Sweeeeet! Great call with the Reed replica setup.
10/2/2020 12:20pm Edited Date/Time 10/3/2020 8:43am
bayodome wrote:
I like it. Just needs those Suzuki yellow rims and you're 100% there!
That’s the plan, just need Dubya Wheels to hook me up with a set...gonna gather all the big ticket items over the Winter months and complete the build come Spring!

The Shop

Deja New
10/3/2020 1:03am
Push 20 years on the rm design and it still holds its own and looks smokin....
FU2
10/4/2020 11:25pm
"(Fake) Bill’s cone pipe w/carbon silencer!"

Such a nice bike and then you gonna destroy it with a fake cone pipe. Such a bike needs a real one.
10/5/2020 12:35am
FU2 wrote:
"(Fake) Bill’s cone pipe w/carbon silencer!" Such a nice bike and then you gonna destroy it with a fake cone pipe. Such a bike needs a...

Such a nice bike and then you gonna destroy it with a fake cone pipe. Such a bike needs a real one.
Who do you recommend? The price is right when compared to other suppliers, but maybe I’m missing something? Price doesn’t always indicate quality! I know there’s other guys like Scalvini & Hygge but I don’t see or hear much about their build quality or performance.
ecmx274
10/5/2020 4:48am
FU2 wrote:
"(Fake) Bill’s cone pipe w/carbon silencer!" Such a nice bike and then you gonna destroy it with a fake cone pipe. Such a bike needs a...

KEVORKIAN wrote:
Who do you recommend? The price is right when compared to other suppliers, but maybe I’m missing something? Price doesn’t always indicate quality! I know there’s...
Who do you recommend? The price is right when compared to other suppliers, but maybe I’m missing something? Price doesn’t always indicate quality! I know there’s other guys like Scalvini & Hygge but I don’t see or hear much about their build quality or performance.
Hygge does not make one for the rm yet. Drp would be my first choice for the rm. dyno port makes one as well but I don’t know much on how it performs.
10/5/2020 10:43am
Just get the Bills pipe you intend to get, without the fake rings welded on.

But if you want a real cone pipe, this is the Pichon profile from his world championship bikes. I ran this on my RM. You can get these if you contact Pete Degroot. He is "DPR", I just deal with him directly. It takes time. So, order it now, and you'll have it for your spring build. I recommend using it with the longer aluminum Bill's can.
ecmx274
10/5/2020 1:58pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/10/05/452710/s1200_20201005_134604.jpg[/img]

Sorry typo “dpr” is what I was referring to. It took mine about three months after I called him this was two years ago so maybe things have changed.
jeffoff
10/5/2020 11:15pm
For real cone pipes you also have JSV and PPS, you can find them on instagram.

10/6/2020 4:27pm
FU2 wrote:

At first I thought "what do you mean FAKE cone pipe"...and then I did my homework!
The Bill's cone pipes are made to LOOK LIKE one, just without all the hard work! Now I see why there's such a price difference between them and other places like HYGGE and DPR.
10/8/2020 8:03pm
What a FIND! What else do you have planned for the build?
Where do I begin! I have so much planned for the CR JGR 2-smoke but I have yet to finalize the build sheet.
I think my next build will really peak your interest, as it too is a GREEN MACHINE...can you say 07’ KX250 2-smoker.
10/8/2020 8:09pm
UPDATE:
I’ve reached out to Steve over at HYGGE and he has expressed interest in building a cone pipe for my build...he’s a little busy right now but at least I’m in queue & things are in motion.
FU2
10/9/2020 5:01am
KEVORKIAN wrote:
UPDATE: I’ve reached out to Steve over at HYGGE and he has expressed interest in building a cone pipe for my build...he’s a little busy right...
UPDATE:
I’ve reached out to Steve over at HYGGE and he has expressed interest in building a cone pipe for my build...he’s a little busy right now but at least I’m in queue & things are in motion.
If he doesn't have the time to make u one, get a DPR like people mention above. CMX is the person to deal with not pietje pijp ( DPR) he only welds and you can't make appointments with him. It's really a ass with appointments.

For 225 euro it's a great pipe and i know it becoz i ride with one ( tested many other pipes) and my girlfriend rides with one. The power comes early then any other pipe and pulls longer on top.

PPS is 500 euro with silencer , JSVexhaust i asked and what kinda power it would give but they couldn't give me a price for a cr250. In Belgium you have van Hasselt also a great pipe builder, not making cones so far i know.

A great looking smoker deserves a great looking cone pip.
10/12/2020 8:36am
KEVORKIAN wrote:
UPDATE: I’ve reached out to Steve over at HYGGE and he has expressed interest in building a cone pipe for my build...he’s a little busy right...
UPDATE:
FU2 wrote:
If he doesn't have the time to make u one, get a DPR like people mention above. CMX is the person to deal with not pietje...
If he doesn't have the time to make u one, get a DPR like people mention above. CMX is the person to deal with not pietje pijp ( DPR) he only welds and you can't make appointments with him. It's really a ass with appointments.

For 225 euro it's a great pipe and i know it becoz i ride with one ( tested many other pipes) and my girlfriend rides with one. The power comes early then any other pipe and pulls longer on top.

PPS is 500 euro with silencer , JSVexhaust i asked and what kinda power it would give but they couldn't give me a price for a cr250. In Belgium you have van Hasselt also a great pipe builder, not making cones so far i know.

A great looking smoker deserves a great looking cone pip.
I reached out to CMX and I'm placing an order for one of the DPR cone pipes...it will arrive a lot faster than the Hygge one but I want to purchase both for a comparison in build quality & performance! I only need one but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to have two!!!
10/21/2020 5:33pm
UPDATE (DPR cone pipe: Suzuki RM250):
1) Placed the order on eBay through CMX62 - October 12/20'
2) Received email confirmation that pipe has been completed, packaged & shipped out - October 21/20'
3) ETA = 2-3 weeks

....stay tuned
11/20/2020 5:09pm
Well, something arrived today BUT I’m not quite sure what to make of the packaging! I I immediately messaged CMX once I returned from the post office to let him know the condition the parcel...should I open it to see IF ANYTHING is damaged?
I’m scared to open it...

ecmx274
11/20/2020 5:40pm
KEVORKIAN wrote:
Well, something arrived today BUT I’m not quite sure what to make of the packaging! I I immediately messaged CMX once I returned from the post...
Well, something arrived today BUT I’m not quite sure what to make of the packaging! I I immediately messaged CMX once I returned from the post office to let him know the condition the parcel...should I open it to see IF ANYTHING is damaged?
I’m scared to open it...

I would open it and if it is damaged they will give you your money back or send you a new one.
11/21/2020 1:47pm
WHAT A RELIEF...nothing was damaged or dented!!! I’m still in shock, one look at that package & you couldn’t help but be concerned!
Here’s a few pics of how the CMX looks right out of the box...excuse the rust & surface imperfections. I plan to give the cone pipe some TLC and restore back its FACTORY look again. After all, this pipe has travelled over 6500+ km’s, over land & sea, and arrive safely here in Canada!

romain524
11/21/2020 2:50pm
Looks great! I would of been worried a little bit too! That’s maybe why he put it on a bigger box with some bubble wrap and stuff so if it’s crushed it doesn’t touch the pipe.
Let’s mount it and hear the sound Wink
You should just remove the tiny in of rust but leave the finish of the pipe like that, it’s more euro style the way it is now.
3/20/2021 7:41pm
Finally got around to installing the cone pipe. It did require a slight modification to fit up properly with the Pro Circuit silencer...otherwise it was a nice bolt up! Have a look & see what you think.

mxb2
3/21/2021 7:51am
Nice, factory yellow wheels would set it off. Imo
3/21/2021 10:48am
mxb2 wrote:
One thing at a time, but I agree, a set of Dubya hubs/rims would be the icing on the cake (anyone know someone over at Dubya that can hook me up??!!). Too bad our Canadian dollar SUCK$ these days, otherwise I'd pull the trigger on them if our dollar was at par!
adam8781
3/26/2021 9:57pm
KEVORKIAN wrote:
One thing at a time, but I agree, a set of Dubya hubs/rims would be the icing on the cake (anyone know someone over at Dubya...
One thing at a time, but I agree, a set of Dubya hubs/rims would be the icing on the cake (anyone know someone over at Dubya that can hook me up??!!). Too bad our Canadian dollar SUCK$ these days, otherwise I'd pull the trigger on them if our dollar was at par!
shoot me a txt 4035970077
mxb2
3/27/2021 6:04am
mxb2 wrote:
KEVORKIAN wrote:
One thing at a time, but I agree, a set of Dubya hubs/rims would be the icing on the cake (anyone know someone over at Dubya...
Ksr wheels.com does great wheelsets.

Post a reply to: Chad Reed - Team JGR/Suzuki 2-stroke replica 2019

The Latest