Can I remove the swingarm without removing the shock?

3rdgearpinned
Hey guys. Just wanted to pull the swingarm to freshen it up. Do I need to take the shock out or at least take the pressure off at the top? Bike is on a stand and is fully extended but I didn't want to pull the linkage bolt out and have the bike to bounce upstairs lol. Doesn't feel like it's under pressure from the shock. Any input is appreciated.
|
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2058th
9/9/2017 3:27pm Edited Date/Time 9/9/2017 3:29pm
When it's on the stand it will come apart no problem. There is no pressure on the spring, actually having someone gently pick up the rear tire will help the bolts slide out easier. I would break them all loose then undo the bottom shock bolt first. If you undo the top shock bolt the swingarm will drop, then you'll have the weight of the shock pushing the linkage and swing arm around.
Yes you can take the swingarm off without removing he shock, just the bottom shock bolt will do it.
3rdgearpinned
9/9/2017 4:08pm
When it's on the stand it will come apart no problem. There is no pressure on the spring, actually having someone gently pick up the rear...
When it's on the stand it will come apart no problem. There is no pressure on the spring, actually having someone gently pick up the rear tire will help the bolts slide out easier. I would break them all loose then undo the bottom shock bolt first. If you undo the top shock bolt the swingarm will drop, then you'll have the weight of the shock pushing the linkage and swing arm around.
Yes you can take the swingarm off without removing he shock, just the bottom shock bolt will do it.
Awesome thanks. Came right out.

Post a reply to: Can I remove the swingarm without removing the shock?

The Latest