Building a HRC CR 250, 2005.

dbr64
Edited Date/Time 4/25/2020 11:38am
I have just started a membership at VitalMX in hope that someone in here can help me reach my goal which is to finish my project building an HRC CR 250, 2005. I have about 80-90% original HRC parts for my bike, but desperately need the missing parts.

Particularly I am looking for factory exhaust pipe and the kevlar silencer. I know they still are around out there, I just have a hard time finding them. So, I cross my fingers in great hope that you might know someone that are willing to sell a factory exhaust pipe or kevlar silencer?

Via a good friend here in Europe I have been able to collect some rare parts as well as I have a good friend in the US who have been helping me out a lot and all together I am pretty close to reach my goal, but I still have a wish list.

My wish list of HRC parts looks something like this:
• Exhaust pipe.
• Kevlar muffler.
• Carburetor.
• All kind of engine parts. (gear box, cylinder, head, crank shaft, etc.)
• Skid plate.
• Rear brake lever.
• Spokes. (don’t know if the team use standard)
• Rear brake caliber. (don’t know when the team start use standard) The part I have are of K-Dub’s bike, but this is Brembo fitted on a HRC bracket what he was use for testing. He ended up using std. caliber but did go for a special rotor as far as I am informed.

Cross my fingers some of you can help me get my hands on some of HRC parts listed above.
Just so you can see I am serious collector I have attached a few photos of what I have. Also, a photo of my 2007 still in create and the 2005 bike that will be the factory bike. Once job done it will be stored away never to see dirt.

Thanks
Dennis

|
H4L
7/4/2018 1:38pm
Very interested in seeing the outcome of your bike. Had an opportunity to pick up an 04 CR250r HRC cyl., head, expansion chamber & silencer a few yrs. ago, but passed on it. Looking back on it I kick myself for not buying them. Good luck on your quest..
dbr64
7/4/2018 11:40pm
Nice .... looking forward to see your project
I'll be hunting missing parts and keep U posted:-)

The Shop

dbr64
7/4/2018 11:45pm
H4L wrote:
Very interested in seeing the outcome of your bike. Had an opportunity to pick up an 04 CR250r HRC cyl., head, expansion chamber & silencer a...
Very interested in seeing the outcome of your bike. Had an opportunity to pick up an 04 CR250r HRC cyl., head, expansion chamber & silencer a few yrs. ago, but passed on it. Looking back on it I kick myself for not buying them. Good luck on your quest..
Thanks. If you by chance come across such offer again please bit inn, I would have been happy to give you an offer you could refuse:-)))
7/16/2018 1:55pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2018 1:56pm
First update 16-07-2018

Dennis made the trip from Denmark to Holland last Friday to deliver the bike to my workshop to kickstart the project. My first overall impression was "wow what a beautiful bike"! I hope I can be of good service to make it even better looking! Below some pictures of the bike when just unloaded in the workshop.

Dennis starting to strip the bike.

"Should I hold it like this?" Tongue

Almost there...

HRC excentric bearing cups which go along with the HRC triple clamps..
7/28/2018 9:52am
Looking forward to following your build, Dennis. Looks like you got a good start with some nice parts and expert help. What are you going to do with the 2007? Is it going to stay in the crate?

mike
dbr64
7/29/2018 2:09am
Looking forward to following your build, Dennis. Looks like you got a good start with some nice parts and expert help. What are you going to...
Looking forward to following your build, Dennis. Looks like you got a good start with some nice parts and expert help. What are you going to do with the 2007? Is it going to stay in the crate?

mike
Hi Mike. Yes the plan is to store it in the crate once the project is finished. I will place it next to my CR 250 from 2007 who is still in the crate as well:-) If you come across some interesting HRC parts please let me know:-)

Thanks.
Dennis
dbr64
7/29/2018 2:21am
dbr64 wrote:
I have just started a membership at VitalMX in hope that someone in here can help me reach my goal which is to finish my project...
I have just started a membership at VitalMX in hope that someone in here can help me reach my goal which is to finish my project building an HRC CR 250, 2005. I have about 80-90% original HRC parts for my bike, but desperately need the missing parts.

Particularly I am looking for factory exhaust pipe and the kevlar silencer. I know they still are around out there, I just have a hard time finding them. So, I cross my fingers in great hope that you might know someone that are willing to sell a factory exhaust pipe or kevlar silencer?

Via a good friend here in Europe I have been able to collect some rare parts as well as I have a good friend in the US who have been helping me out a lot and all together I am pretty close to reach my goal, but I still have a wish list.

My wish list of HRC parts looks something like this:
• Exhaust pipe.
• Kevlar muffler.
• Carburetor.
• All kind of engine parts. (gear box, cylinder, head, crank shaft, etc.)
• Skid plate.
• Rear brake lever.
• Spokes. (don’t know if the team use standard)
• Rear brake caliber. (don’t know when the team start use standard) The part I have are of K-Dub’s bike, but this is Brembo fitted on a HRC bracket what he was use for testing. He ended up using std. caliber but did go for a special rotor as far as I am informed.

Cross my fingers some of you can help me get my hands on some of HRC parts listed above.
Just so you can see I am serious collector I have attached a few photos of what I have. Also, a photo of my 2007 still in create and the 2005 bike that will be the factory bike. Once job done it will be stored away never to see dirt.

Thanks
Dennis

Titanium parts start arriving:-)
Hondas4Life3
7/29/2018 8:10pm
This build is going to turn out amazing. Ive never seen an offset bearing race like that before. Super cool keep up the great work! Im sure finding all those real HRC pieces wasn't easy.
9/21/2018 11:44pm
Some cleaned up parts. Even the airfilterbox seal was replaced, this build is going to be meticulous.

CR250R airbox CR250R fueltank CR250R ignition

HRC's titanium footpegs, CNC machined from billet material...

HRC titanium footpegs

Billet Factory Connection linkageFactory connection linkage CR250r

A very nice HRC clutch perch. This is the perch which HRC uses on their factory bikes (when not running the hydraulic unit). The perch with the red thumbwheel made it's first appearance in 2001, replacing the three way position clutch perch which many championships were won with in the 80s and 90s.

HRC clutch perch

For this build we will be using a factory Nissin front brake caliper. Yes, the one machined from billet and used by many factory teams. In order to fit it on a set of 49mm Japanese Factory A-kit forks, a bracket had to be modified. The sliders on a factory brake caliper are 1.5mm wider apart in comparison to a stock caliper. I took a billet aftermarket bracket, welded the lower slider mounting hole and repositioned the hole 1.5mm lower. The caliper fits nicely now!

HRC brake caliper bracket HRC Factory nissin brake caliper billet Nissin factory caliper
Adam43
9/25/2018 8:17pm
You guys better ride that bike or the moto gods will be angry.
Yeti365
9/26/2018 10:13am
Some cleaned up parts. Even the airfilterbox seal was replaced, this build is going to be meticulous. HRC's titanium footpegs, CNC machined from billet material... Billet...
Some cleaned up parts. Even the airfilterbox seal was replaced, this build is going to be meticulous.

CR250R airbox CR250R fueltank CR250R ignition

HRC's titanium footpegs, CNC machined from billet material...

HRC titanium footpegs

Billet Factory Connection linkageFactory connection linkage CR250r

A very nice HRC clutch perch. This is the perch which HRC uses on their factory bikes (when not running the hydraulic unit). The perch with the red thumbwheel made it's first appearance in 2001, replacing the three way position clutch perch which many championships were won with in the 80s and 90s.

HRC clutch perch

For this build we will be using a factory Nissin front brake caliper. Yes, the one machined from billet and used by many factory teams. In order to fit it on a set of 49mm Japanese Factory A-kit forks, a bracket had to be modified. The sliders on a factory brake caliper are 1.5mm wider apart in comparison to a stock caliper. I took a billet aftermarket bracket, welded the lower slider mounting hole and repositioned the hole 1.5mm lower. The caliper fits nicely now!

HRC brake caliper bracket HRC Factory nissin brake caliper billet Nissin factory caliper
Dare I ask what you paid for the caliper?

*drool
H4L
9/26/2018 10:52pm
Nice ! Keep the pics & updates coming.. Looking forward to the finished outcome..
Helda
9/27/2018 10:16pm
Sweet baby jesus look at that caliper!!
dbr64
1/25/2019 12:54am Edited Date/Time 1/26/2019 3:22am
Update on my RC 250M build. After spending time chasing parts are here what I have been able to get a hold of since last update.

Hinson clutch cover. Never before been fitted on an engine.

Engine taken apart and ready for ultrasonic cleaning.

Engine ready. Fully gone through, new bearings and seals, HRC gearbox, all engine parts ultrasonic cleaned and all bolts are replaced by HRC titanium and aluminum bolts.

Factory Honda 02-07 RC 250M swingarm. The most striking feature is the CNC machined brace up front to achieve a more ridged setup.

Factory Toyo radiators. They will need a lot of TLC, but will look like new again once installed on the bike.

Hope you guys enjoyed the update. Other interesting factory parts on the way, please make sure to follow up on future posts.
nch209
1/25/2019 11:16am
Striking... can't wait to see the progress!
6/24/2019 4:44pm
But for real tho I’d pay good money if you buddies had any of those lol
6/25/2019 2:43am
If you find a spare rear master cylinder cap and front brake hose clamp, give us a shout please mate
dbr64
8/27/2019 5:47am Edited Date/Time 8/27/2019 5:48am
It's now time for a short update on my project. It has been a while, but I hope you will find this post interesting👍🏻

I found a new original HRC exhaust, E7HS, with the part number sticker still on there. It was heavily rusted from laying in the shelf for many years but managed to get it in as-new condition again!

Engine with the pipe in place.

The frame are now complete and clean after have been hydroblasted.

A set of razorsharp titanium footpegs

After many years of searching I finally find the holy grail..... Extra bonus was a magnesium fuel tap👍🏻

I also managed to get my hands on a factory rear master brake cylinder.

This was a short update on where I am at the moment, other parts are on the way, hopefully I can fill you in on that within the next 3-4 weeks. I more or less have all the HRC parts, only one vital part are missing, the carbon muffler. Here I am referring to the US version, this is different to the European version. So if anybody can help please let me know.
8/27/2019 5:54am
Very nice Dennis.. that pipe and rear shock are beauties and the hydroblasted frame actually looks cleaner than a brand new frame.
jhansen510
Fantasy
3595th
8/27/2019 11:04am
Dennis, can I come live with you? I just want to watch you work your magic. Gorgeous build and attention to detail is on another level!
Godcho
8/27/2019 10:20pm
still a construction and an impressive work of HRC parts search: Nice job Wink
dbr64
8/29/2019 11:10am
It is not all about hardware for the bike, all though parts are on the way. I was lucky to get a Woddy shirt from the team, it's all about details😂😂

Post a reply to: Building a HRC CR 250, 2005.

The Latest