Andrew Short's 2003 Motoworld Suzuki RM125 Build

3/17/2021 10:44am
I don’t remember Shorty running the 41. Been my number from early on. Great build!! Inspiration for my’04

3/17/2021 2:31pm
Scored pretty good on FB Marketplace a few days back and found Andrew Shorts SX bike from the 03 season. The plan is to redo it...
Scored pretty good on FB Marketplace a few days back and found Andrew Shorts SX bike from the 03 season. The plan is to redo it and make it just how it looked and ran back in 03. All the parts are there besides the big stuff (A Kit, Wheels and Titanium). This is going to be a slower build as Winter is creeping around the corner, but I will keep it updated as progress is made and will post a lot of pictures. It doesn't seem like the bike has a ton of time on it, but it wasn't taken care of well at all. Heres the bike as it sits -

Is that the original saddle? If so, it looks like the foam was shaved. I was no aware the Shorty was... short?
It's very cool to see national level bikes restored to former glory. Another piece of moto history.
3/17/2021 4:21pm
Scored pretty good on FB Marketplace a few days back and found Andrew Shorts SX bike from the 03 season. The plan is to redo it...
Scored pretty good on FB Marketplace a few days back and found Andrew Shorts SX bike from the 03 season. The plan is to redo it and make it just how it looked and ran back in 03. All the parts are there besides the big stuff (A Kit, Wheels and Titanium). This is going to be a slower build as Winter is creeping around the corner, but I will keep it updated as progress is made and will post a lot of pictures. It doesn't seem like the bike has a ton of time on it, but it wasn't taken care of well at all. Heres the bike as it sits -

Is that the original saddle? If so, it looks like the foam was shaved. I was no aware the Shorty was... short? It's very cool to...
Is that the original saddle? If so, it looks like the foam was shaved. I was no aware the Shorty was... short?
It's very cool to see national level bikes restored to former glory. Another piece of moto history.
Thanks man! I hope to find more as time goes on and keep rebuilding them, just gotta keep an eye out for deals!

As for the seat, by the looks of it, it seems to be original compared to photos I found. I would be surprised if they did cut his seat because of his height, but who knows haha.

The Shop

4/14/2021 5:37am

What’s up guys,

Ended up finishing the bike a few weeks ago, started it up, did a few heat cycles, and realized I wasn’t willing to get it dirty. Ended up talking with Brett from ICW Radiators, and he ended up having a friend of his who was in the market. So it all worked out, and the bike went to a good home which I’m happy about.

As for the next build, we’ll see what unfolds within the next few months, I have a couple ideas I’m tossing around

Thank you to everyone who followed this build and helped out finding parts. Ended up doing a little photo shoot on 35mm before I sent the bike on it’s way.

Keep it on two wheels and enjoy ✊🏻😎

CraigCrashes
Fantasy
1788th
4/15/2021 9:00pm
What’s up guys, Ended up finishing the bike a few weeks ago, started it up, did a few heat cycles, and realized I wasn’t willing to...

What’s up guys,

Ended up finishing the bike a few weeks ago, started it up, did a few heat cycles, and realized I wasn’t willing to get it dirty. Ended up talking with Brett from ICW Radiators, and he ended up having a friend of his who was in the market. So it all worked out, and the bike went to a good home which I’m happy about.

As for the next build, we’ll see what unfolds within the next few months, I have a couple ideas I’m tossing around

Thank you to everyone who followed this build and helped out finding parts. Ended up doing a little photo shoot on 35mm before I sent the bike on it’s way.

Keep it on two wheels and enjoy ✊🏻😎

What’s her @? Asking for a friend.
Nutellalord
1/25/2024 8:25pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/12/02/462933/s1200_D2C0BDB8_AC58_4F2D_AA74_850ED9D206BC.jpg[/img] Frame is all done up and ready to go. Used the same PPG paint color as the team used. Came out looking pretty badass. Progress...

Frame is all done up and ready to go. Used the same PPG paint color as the team used. Came out looking pretty badass. Progress is a little bit slow as we are waiting on a flywheel puller to get the motor apart. Motor should be done within a couple weeks then I can start piecing everything together. Stay tuned guys! 😎

how'd you keep the original Olympic powder coating and AMA stickers on?

Post a reply to: Andrew Short's 2003 Motoworld Suzuki RM125 Build

The Latest