97 YZ125 Replacement carb help Please!!

YZChris
Hey everyone first post here.... I just purchased a 97 yz125 for my son. Turns out the carb is bad. The TMX carb parts are no longer available. I read somewhere something about a keihn “ air Stryker” carb being used in its place. Can someone point me in the right direction? I’m measuring my stock carb and my measurements don’t match anything the aftermarket carbs offer. Are there other parts required to make this new carb fit? Thanks guys my son and I appreciate it! Chris
|
DJBobbyD
11/5/2018 3:55pm
There are a few things you should do before you buy a replacement carb. Go to your nearest parts shop and ask them if they have a Sudco book. If they do you can have them call Sudco and they can walk you through ordering every single replacement part needed for that carb for less than buying a new carb and making it “work” for your bike. You for sure can rebuild the carb you have back to like new condition and then bolt that sucker up and start your bike. Most times you can get the “stock” carb to work really well with just a little TLC.
YZChris
11/5/2018 4:05pm
Everything I’ve read so far says the parts I need are “NLA”. One of the missing parts from the carb itself is the main jet “ holder” and also the “ baffle”. I will definitely see if I can get replacements before purchasing a complete new carb. Thanks
DJBobbyD
11/5/2018 4:32pm
Sudco sells everything you would need to make that carb new again. They are out here in CA so you would need to call them early enough to talk to a tech guy and they would totally help find the replacement parts. Once you get the part numbers you could find a shop that orders from them no problem. Any Yamaha or OEM dealer should be able to help you and if not just call around. Here is the Sudco catalog link: http://sudco.com/Catalog37Digital/files/mobile/mobile.html#1
Premix
11/5/2018 6:09pm
Chris I just responded in the other thread. Let me know if you need anything else.

Post a reply to: 97 YZ125 Replacement carb help Please!!

The Latest