93 Cr 250

Edited Date/Time 4/20/2017 3:33am
Just finished building my 93 Cr .. Went for Honda of Troy rep. Should prob have taken more pics through the build but never got round to it..
New talon wheels/rims
Went through the full motor
Ported barrel/Milled head
Airstriker
Modern internals in old forks
Full pro circuit pipe
Lots off new cables/brake lines etc
Haven't rode her yet since rebuild but loved the bike before when it was a low hour standard.

|
braaap707
4/19/2017 7:26pm
These year HOT were great looking bikes and I like that you kept it clean and simple. Good job on the build !
4/19/2017 10:06pm
braaap707 wrote:
These year HOT were great looking bikes and I like that you kept it clean and simple. Good job on the build !
Cheers man... Don't see many like it either ... Mostly McGrath ones
RussB
Fantasy
1164th
4/20/2017 3:33am
Lovely build. I bet it will absolutely rip!

What are your plans for it?
Not sure where you are based but the UK Evo Series holds a Super Evo class which would be great fun on this bike

The Shop

4/20/2017 3:40am
RussB wrote:
Lovely build. I bet it will absolutely rip! What are your plans for it? Not sure where you are based but the UK Evo Series holds...
Lovely build. I bet it will absolutely rip!

What are your plans for it?
Not sure where you are based but the UK Evo Series holds a Super Evo class which would be great fun on this bike
Cheers mate.. Up in Scotland, just outside Glasgow.. Ye a few off my pals have raced the evo series am pretty sure, in the evo class.. If it's the sane one is the next round hawkstone? .. You know what it's like.. U spend so much time and money getting parts for these builds then when it's all finished u don't want to ride the damn things.
The first time will be the hardest but then I should be ok lol... Had put an entry in for super evo at farleigh but none of us got in this year! Think I will do some races down south with it tho.. Not sure bout hawkstone on it right enough.. Lol be hard on an evo bike
RussB
Fantasy
1164th
4/20/2017 4:26am
Cheers mate.. Up in Scotland, just outside Glasgow.. Ye a few off my pals have raced the evo series am pretty sure, in the evo class...
Cheers mate.. Up in Scotland, just outside Glasgow.. Ye a few off my pals have raced the evo series am pretty sure, in the evo class.. If it's the sane one is the next round hawkstone? .. You know what it's like.. U spend so much time and money getting parts for these builds then when it's all finished u don't want to ride the damn things.
The first time will be the hardest but then I should be ok lol... Had put an entry in for super evo at farleigh but none of us got in this year! Think I will do some races down south with it tho.. Not sure bout hawkstone on it right enough.. Lol be hard on an evo bike
This series is done over 5 rounds. Had round 1 a few weekends back at Ford. Round 2 is at North Nibley this Sunday. All tracks are mostly natural and EVO friendly. Agree on Hawkstone, awesome track but I'd be scared to take an Evo round there!

Here's the facebook page for the series.
https://www.facebook.com/ukevomx/

Haha yeah I know all too well. We went all out on our 89 RM250 and it ended up costing a packet! Worth it though as its a fantastic bike to ride. If you can get some frame guards and use clear helitape you can actually stop them from getting too ratty. Also helps riding them in the summer only when the tracks aren't super shitty!

Bummer! I didn't get into Farleigh either so that's why I'm doing this UK Evo Series. Which honestly is 10X better than Farleigh I think. The VMXDN is a hell of a lot of money for what it is and the limited track time you get.
4/20/2017 10:09am
Cheers mate.. Up in Scotland, just outside Glasgow.. Ye a few off my pals have raced the evo series am pretty sure, in the evo class...
RussB wrote:
This series is done over 5 rounds. Had round 1 a few weekends back at Ford. Round 2 is at North Nibley this Sunday. All tracks...
This series is done over 5 rounds. Had round 1 a few weekends back at Ford. Round 2 is at North Nibley this Sunday. All tracks are mostly natural and EVO friendly. Agree on Hawkstone, awesome track but I'd be scared to take an Evo round there!

Here's the facebook page for the series.
https://www.facebook.com/ukevomx/

Haha yeah I know all too well. We went all out on our 89 RM250 and it ended up costing a packet! Worth it though as its a fantastic bike to ride. If you can get some frame guards and use clear helitape you can actually stop them from getting too ratty. Also helps riding them in the summer only when the tracks aren't super shitty!

Bummer! I didn't get into Farleigh either so that's why I'm doing this UK Evo Series. Which honestly is 10X better than Farleigh I think. The VMXDN is a hell of a lot of money for what it is and the limited track time you get.
Yea I agree on farleigh .. But it's the whole weekend and the people that make it.. Cheers for the info.. Won't obv make the round this weekend but al try catch one ( hopefully won't be too far a drive ) lol
H4L
4/21/2017 6:47pm
The 93 CR2 owned is a top 3 favorite bike owned in the last 4 + decades. Treat her good & ride her like she was meant to be ridden. Raced one back in 90's & regret ever selling that bike to this day. Enjoy !
4/21/2017 10:56pm
H4L wrote:
The 93 CR2 owned is a top 3 favorite bike owned in the last 4 + decades. Treat her good & ride her like she was...
The 93 CR2 owned is a top 3 favorite bike owned in the last 4 + decades. Treat her good & ride her like she was meant to be ridden. Raced one back in 90's & regret ever selling that bike to this day. Enjoy !
Yea the steel frames 90s Hondas are one of the best mate
H4L
4/22/2017 8:22am Edited Date/Time 4/22/2017 8:27am
I've been on the hunt for a clean 93 model locally for about 5 yrs. & haven't been able to find a decent platform. As the yrs. have passed I rarely see one for sale now. I kind of kick myself for not buying a restored one that the seller was asking $3,500 which I thought was steep. I offered him $2,500 & think it sold for $3,200 which at the time felt it was kinda high.

This was the restored 93.

4/22/2017 11:45am
H4L wrote:
I've been on the hunt for a clean 93 model locally for about 5 yrs. & haven't been able to find a decent platform. As the...
I've been on the hunt for a clean 93 model locally for about 5 yrs. & haven't been able to find a decent platform. As the yrs. have passed I rarely see one for sale now. I kind of kick myself for not buying a restored one that the seller was asking $3,500 which I thought was steep. I offered him $2,500 & think it sold for $3,200 which at the time felt it was kinda high.

This was the restored 93.

Bummer man... Keep looking tho. Pretty sure one will turn up. Mine actually came from the states as a low hour, barely ridden bike. Seems to be a few over there still mate.. Defo worth keeping, great bikes .
medina1209
8/3/2017 11:53am
Just finished building my 93 Cr .. Went for Honda of Troy rep. Should prob have taken more pics through the build but never got round...
Just finished building my 93 Cr .. Went for Honda of Troy rep. Should prob have taken more pics through the build but never got round to it..
New talon wheels/rims
Went through the full motor
Ported barrel/Milled head
Airstriker
Modern internals in old forks
Full pro circuit pipe
Lots off new cables/brake lines etc
Haven't rode her yet since rebuild but loved the bike before when it was a low hour standard.

Where did you get the Honda of troy graphics? Those look awesome!
Waylon
8/7/2017 4:35am Edited Date/Time 8/7/2017 4:36am
Looks great! What kind of seat foam are you using?
10/22/2017 10:51pm
Waylon wrote:
Looks great! What kind of seat foam are you using?
Sorry ... just noticed these.. seat foam is still the standard oem Honda and the graphics are from evo mx. These guys also have new foams I believe. Cheers

Post a reply to: 93 Cr 250

The Latest