Honda CRE250 Enduro-Let's call it 97% Finished

OBD
9/4/2020 7:48am Edited Date/Time 9/4/2020 5:24pm
The graphics are from Steve. His ‘guy’ in New Jersey made them.
Credit to sgthubbard60 for the resto..
this is how it came to me.
Undecided on the fork guards but I probably will go the UFO route
OBD
9/15/2020 4:12pm
That’s like a 1998 or 1999 model but yeah, good find!
IRV01
12/1/2020 1:34pm
Hello People

Incredible bikes.... wow

But I need help to find parts of mine cr250 1992...

E-Line stator

Central stand up

Thanks a lot

The Shop

1/13/2021 6:37am

Cool stuff coming from Italy! I found a guy who was able to reproduce perfect replica CRE Graphis AND the Marzocchi Magnum45 fork decals that have eluded me for three years... Also scored a lot of Acerbis ISDE numbers from a friend and former ISDE racer. i'm still missing #1's but I have the 6's and 8's to make my number (618) graphics should be here in a few weeks, stay tuned for final build pics!
OBD
1/13/2021 6:58am
Hope you ordered extra graphics (I want some!!)

1/13/2021 9:32am
OBD wrote:
Hope you ordered extra graphics (I want some!!)

i didn't, but i can get you his info!
Rickyisms
1/13/2021 11:39am
Glad you updated. Still one of my favorite bikes on here. So unique.
66TR66
1/13/2021 11:07pm
I am ever so glad i have stumbled across this topic (hopefully) just before the big unveil.
It feels like i have cheated as its taken a topis that has been the boards for 2.5 years and has taken me about an hour to go through.
Absolute works of art guys and Thankyou for the wonderful read.
2/5/2021 2:29pm
she's about 97% done. I just have some work to do to get the lights hooked up and working, and I need a skidplate.

OBD
2/5/2021 2:58pm
Mint!

The FAHQ stickers are a nice touch
2/5/2021 4:29pm
I agree. Very nice. An E-Line skid plate would be very nice finishing touch.

I think that will still be a very competitive Vet+ Enduro bike.
coopernicus
3/23/2024 10:47am

Thanks for documenting all of the work and the pictures!  I will be starting a CRE build this summer and I have this bookmarked for the info.  I was invited to a private sale yesterday for the western CRE importer's estate and I was able to procure all the parts/kits he had leftover and one of his personal CRs that he always called a CRE. The only thing that was missing was the Acerbis spark arrestor so if anyone has one that would sell or trade, let me know! (I have rear fenders, CRE frame guards, CRE footpeg kits, lighting coils, skid plates, and graphics for trade)

Should be a fun build!

Eric

OBD
3/23/2024 10:53am
Thanks for documenting all of the work and the pictures!  I will be starting a CRE build this summer and I have this bookmarked for the...

Thanks for documenting all of the work and the pictures!  I will be starting a CRE build this summer and I have this bookmarked for the info.  I was invited to a private sale yesterday for the western CRE importer's estate and I was able to procure all the parts/kits he had leftover and one of his personal CRs that he always called a CRE. The only thing that was missing was the Acerbis spark arrestor so if anyone has one that would sell or trade, let me know! (I have rear fenders, CRE frame guards, CRE footpeg kits, lighting coils, skid plates, and graphics for trade)

Should be a fun build!

Eric

Let’s see some pictures! And of course if you have extra plastics/rear fenders you’d like to get rid of I’m your guy. What graphics did you get?

Rickyisms
3/23/2024 11:21am
Thanks for documenting all of the work and the pictures!  I will be starting a CRE build this summer and I have this bookmarked for the...

Should be a fun build!

Eric

Please document it through a build thread! These are such cool bikes. 

coopernicus
3/23/2024 7:39pm

Should be a fun build!

Eric

OBD wrote:
Let’s see some pictures! And of course if you have extra plastics/rear fenders you’d like to get rid of I’m your guy. What graphics did you...

Let’s see some pictures! And of course if you have extra plastics/rear fenders you’d like to get rid of I’m your guy. What graphics did you get?

Eventually I will start a thread for this build as I have other projects underway.  Here are a couple of pics: showing only 2 of the fenders I have, 1 set of radiator shrouds with graphics (there are more), side panels with graphics (there are more), one of the brake pedal side frame guards, and a grouping of the graphics.  I thought I had a set for the 125 but a quick check in the box and I didn't see them.

cre stuff1

cre graphics

Inferno
3/24/2024 4:25am

Beautiful bikes here!

Love the 80's and 90's enduros, great machines. I don't know why, but always loved the style and shape of this rear fender.

Cheers.

Post a reply to: Honda CRE250 Enduro-Let's call it 97% Finished

The Latest