93-96 CR250R MC Replica Questions

BigDaddyG
I am in the market for a 93-96 CR250 to do a ground up restore to the MC Replica. Something about that bike is just so cool and as a 44 year old dude this will be a fun project and a bike I will ride/race in the vet classes.

I know MC loved the 93 and that was his bike of choice for a few years, due to the chassis. From a plastics perspective they seem to be a little different.

Questions-
-Will the side plates/plastics from a 96 fit on the 93?
-Can I put newer suspension the bike? I am thinking since its a keeper I will want to eventually find newer front end to put on it.
-How hard is it to find new parts for this era bike? I am thinking complete tear down, all bearings in motor, etc....
-Anyone have any leads on one-off bad ass parts?
-Advice???

There is a 96 in SoCal that is pretty much done, I would still do things to it, but its 15 hours away. There is a 93 that is about 2 hours away from me for 1/2 the cost. I am leaning on the 93 to save a ton of driving and then I can do the work, which to me is what I am looking forward to the most.

Thanks for reading and offering feedback!

Jason

|
mchonda2
6/20/2018 11:30am
Will the side plates/plastics from a 96 fit on the 93? No they have different mounting points on the airbox

-Can I put newer suspension the bike? I am thinking since its a keeper I will want to eventually find newer front end to put on it. Yes do a search, lots of info on here on what parts you need to use with new forks.

-How hard is it to find new parts for this era bike? Some Oem stuff is getting hard to find but engine bearings and gaskets are available.
BigDaddyG
6/20/2018 1:02pm
mchonda2 wrote:
Will the side plates/plastics from a 96 fit on the 93? No they have different mounting points on the airbox -Can I put newer suspension the...
Will the side plates/plastics from a 96 fit on the 93? No they have different mounting points on the airbox

-Can I put newer suspension the bike? I am thinking since its a keeper I will want to eventually find newer front end to put on it. Yes do a search, lots of info on here on what parts you need to use with new forks.

-How hard is it to find new parts for this era bike? Some Oem stuff is getting hard to find but engine bearings and gaskets are available.
Thanks for the information, I will def. do some research and go from there. thank you my fellow Oregonian Smile

Post a reply to: 93-96 CR250R MC Replica Questions

The Latest