2022 Husqvarna FC450 Factory Build (Carbon Fiber Tank + New Project)

Edited Date/Time 11/5/2022 9:33am
Long-time lurker, first-time poster...sort of. I've been racing moto off and on since '00 and on this forum since '08. Briefly, I raced from 2000 to 2003 and went to Loretta's in '03 (C-class, so nothing special). I stopped riding throughout college, but got back after it again from 2008 to 2012. I stopped again when I went off to medical school and residency. I've been wanting to get back to it since I've been out for a few years now and I finally picked up a brand new bike, a 2022 Husqvarna FC450.

Here's how she looked when I got her "home":

Nothing like a freshie! I knew I wanted to build something pretty trick. I mean, you can't be a vet rider (I'm 36) and not have a cool bike, right? Things started off pretty modest with Renthal Twinwalls (MC Bend), Renthal Grips, and a Guts gripper seat cover.

|
4/17/2022 7:11pm
After putting a few hours on the bike, I came up with a plan for the build. I knew I needed the suspension re-done for my weight (I'm 205lbs), but didn't really like the action of the air forks. I'm sure it could've been setup for what I needed, but I was leaning more towards kit forks. I talked to a lot of different people technical touch (KYCool , pro-circuit (Showa), AEO (Cone Valves), and MX-Tech for their blackjack + national shock setup. Ultimately, I went with the KYB A-Kit because I'm most familiar with them. They also came with X-trig ROCS clamps and bar mounts.

4/17/2022 7:19pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2022 7:20pm
Once that came in and the build was officially "on", I picked up a number of other items:

Engine
- Pro Circuit Ti-6 Pro complete exhaust
- RaceTech titanium engine bolt kit

Chassis
- Raptor titanium pegs
- Enduro engineering titanium brake tip
- Husqvarna composite skid plate
- SuperLite titanium XTrig bolt kit
- RaceTech titanium bolt kit for the chassis
- Works connection elite chain blocks/CRF replacement axle and nut + titanium chain adjusters

Wheels
-Excel A60 rims with Haan hubs
- Dunlop MX33 tires

Drive Train
- Switched to 14/52 gearing (13/49 stock) with Renthal sprockets and chain
- Nihilo case guard
- Lightspeed carbon fiber chain guard

Graphics
SKDA custom graphics

Still need to install a few other titanium bolts (shock and pivot bolts, exhaust bolts, engine hanger bolts, etc.) and the rekluse auto clutch + slave cylinder

Here's how the bike sits now:

4/17/2022 7:29pm
And some close ups I took:

R side of the engine w/ ti clutch cover, water pump, and engine bolts. Also note the Raptor pegs and titanium brake tip:

A close up of the Pro-Circuit Ti-6 Pro exhaust:

The kashima and DLC coated KYB A-kit shock looks good!

Works Connection elite chain blocks to get rid of the fixed block/axle that came stock. Also notice the titanium tensioner bolts and Galfer rotor:

Haan Hubs:

Renthal sprocket, chain, ti sprocket bolts, lightspeed chain guard:

Ti is sexy, right? I actually don't know if the lifespan of ti sprocket bolts make this a smart choice, but they do look cool:

L side engine with ignition cover and slave cylinder ti bolts + Nihilo case guard:

In the sunlight, the kashiima coated KYBs look great. Also peep the ti bolts in the XTrigs:

DLC and billet lugs:

Ti pinch and fork guard bolts + billet lugs:

Husky composite skid/glide plate:

Ti pegs and brake tip:

More XTrig/ti goodness:

geeZ177
4/17/2022 7:44pm
Congrats! She looks sweet man!

The Shop

LumpDog841
4/17/2022 9:20pm
Hell yeah and sick bike. Currently taking a break from the sport because of school also.
smv ryder
Fantasy
1306th
4/18/2022 6:14pm
Once that came in and the build was officially "on", I picked up a number of other items: Engine - Pro Circuit Ti-6 Pro complete exhaust...
Once that came in and the build was officially "on", I picked up a number of other items:

Engine

Chassis
- Raptor titanium pegs
- Works connection elite chain blocks/CRF replacement axle and nut + titanium chain adjusters

Wheels
- Dunlop MX33 tires

Drive Train
- Nihilo case guard

Graphics
SKDA custom graphics

Still need to install a few other titanium bolts (shock and pivot bolts, exhaust bolts, engine hanger bolts, etc.) and the rekluse auto clutch + slave cylinder

Very very nice build.
I went ride engineering on the rear axle kit. Racetech titanium makes a slick CRF axle and titanium axle nut that make the CRF rear axle kit look incredible.
I went away from the Nihilo case guard because I couldn’t get it to not cut the transmission cable so nice work to make it work! I went Zeta instead.
I am in pretty deep into the titanium bolt game on my 2020 FX350 if you want to spend some money.. lol I have a fairly organized build list If you are curious on what can be changed on the bike..
This is my build
https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Bike-Builds,46/2020-Husqvarna-FX-350,139…
My titanium list but need to update.
Front brake disk (6), front rim lock, fork guards (6), FI light, front number plate, (4) front fender, triple clamps (8), center bolt on triple clamps, clutch lever, brake lever, throttle tube (2), shift lever, exhaust (2), seat, rear rim lock, rear disk (6), axle adjustment bolts/nuts (4), handle bar bolts (4), chain guide (2), mud flap bolts (2), under seat shroud bolts (2), front sprocket bolt, fork guard brake line guide bolts (2), brake lever tip bolts (2), exhaust mid bolt,shock bolts (2), Titanium Rear Brake pedal bolt and nut (2), Titanium Front Axle and Steering Stem Cap Set (2), Titanium Engine Fastener Kit (39 pieces), oil cap, radiator guards (8 total), rear sprocket/6 locking rear nuts (12), (2) titanium foot peg pins, rear fender (3), motor mounts from motostuff (2), (2) screws that attach rear fender to subframe, (4)screws under seat that attach shrouds to gas tank, brake line holder screw behind front plate, (4) titanium screws for the clutch and brake reservoirs, (6) engine head mounts, (2)frame guards, (2) under fender subframe, (2) lower subframe, (1) chain guide, (2) linkage/swing arm, (2) brake banjo bolts, CRF Rear axle nut, (2) rim lock main bolt, rear brake piston, rear brake master cylinder (2), magnetic oil plug, kickstand foot bolt, (2) kick stand bolts, (5) behind shifter, (3) zeta case saver, subframe bolt under the seat, front axle, rear axle
4/18/2022 7:58pm Edited Date/Time 4/18/2022 8:00pm
Once that came in and the build was officially "on", I picked up a number of other items: Engine - Pro Circuit Ti-6 Pro complete exhaust...

Engine

Chassis
- Raptor titanium pegs

Wheels
- Dunlop MX33 tires

Drive Train
- Nihilo case guard

Graphics
SKDA custom graphics

smv ryder wrote:
Very very nice build. I went ride engineering on the rear axle kit. Racetech titanium makes a slick CRF axle and titanium axle nut that make...
Very very nice build.
I went ride engineering on the rear axle kit. Racetech titanium makes a slick CRF axle and titanium axle nut that make the CRF rear axle kit look incredible.
I went away from the Nihilo case guard because I couldn’t get it to not cut the transmission cable so nice work to make it work! I went Zeta instead.
I am in pretty deep into the titanium bolt game on my 2020 FX350 if you want to spend some money.. lol I have a fairly organized build list If you are curious on what can be changed on the bike..
This is my build
https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Bike-Builds,46/2020-Husqvarna-FX-350,139…
My titanium list but need to update.
Front brake disk (6), front rim lock, fork guards (6), FI light, front number plate, (4) front fender, triple clamps (8), center bolt on triple clamps, clutch lever, brake lever, throttle tube (2), shift lever, exhaust (2), seat, rear rim lock, rear disk (6), axle adjustment bolts/nuts (4), handle bar bolts (4), chain guide (2), mud flap bolts (2), under seat shroud bolts (2), front sprocket bolt, fork guard brake line guide bolts (2), brake lever tip bolts (2), exhaust mid bolt,shock bolts (2), Titanium Rear Brake pedal bolt and nut (2), Titanium Front Axle and Steering Stem Cap Set (2), Titanium Engine Fastener Kit (39 pieces), oil cap, radiator guards (8 total), rear sprocket/6 locking rear nuts (12), (2) titanium foot peg pins, rear fender (3), motor mounts from motostuff (2), (2) screws that attach rear fender to subframe, (4)screws under seat that attach shrouds to gas tank, brake line holder screw behind front plate, (4) titanium screws for the clutch and brake reservoirs, (6) engine head mounts, (2)frame guards, (2) under fender subframe, (2) lower subframe, (1) chain guide, (2) linkage/swing arm, (2) brake banjo bolts, CRF Rear axle nut, (2) rim lock main bolt, rear brake piston, rear brake master cylinder (2), magnetic oil plug, kickstand foot bolt, (2) kick stand bolts, (5) behind shifter, (3) zeta case saver, subframe bolt under the seat, front axle, rear axle
Ha! I was definitely taking some inspiration from your build when I started order all the ti.

Yea I think axles (front and rear) and pivot are my next ti upgrades. I was between the ti axle nut and aluminum one as well...may as well go full send with the ti though.

That's wild on the Nihilo case guard! I was nearly out of clearance with the stock one with the 14/52, but I'm glad this one works. We'll see if the Rekluse slave cylinder fits in there once I install that.

In comparing my current ti list to yours, the ones that I either don't have ordered or installed are the rim locks. mud flap, front sprocket, rear fender to subframe, FI light, brake banjo bolts, oil plug, and and brake pistons.

I'm most curious about the rim locks, brake pistons and banjo bolts. I assume the ti rim locks are just the nuts, right? I have the motion pro alloy rim locks in there now, but the nuts aren't ti. For the brake pistons, it's just the bolts or the pistons themselves? I was going to get the sxs calipers front and rear so I wonder if the ti hardware will work with those. I also assume you had to bleed the brakes after the banjo bolt swap, yes?

So, still to do:

Install Rekluse Auto Clutch + Slave Cylinder
SXS front and rear brembo calipers
More ti hardware (engine mounts, pipe and subframe, valve cover, rear fender, seat bolt, shock linkage and mounting bolts)

And pull the trigger on ti axles + pivot

What am I missing?
Yeti831
4/18/2022 9:49pm
You know, outside of some of the factory builds people occasionally post on here, this absolutely has to be one of cleanest built rigs I’ve seen on here.

That bike is beautiful 👌
4/19/2022 8:42am
Yeti831 wrote:
You know, outside of some of the factory builds people occasionally post on here, this absolutely has to be one of cleanest built rigs I’ve seen...
You know, outside of some of the factory builds people occasionally post on here, this absolutely has to be one of cleanest built rigs I’ve seen on here.

That bike is beautiful 👌
Thanks, dude! Pretty happy with how it's turned out so far. A few more things to do before I'll need to pick up another money pit, I mean project.
kwenske321
4/19/2022 4:38pm
For sure one of the best current model builds I have seen on here! Awesome job dude!
4/21/2022 9:57am
Thanks guys. Waiting on some more parts to roll in:

- Ti axles front and rear + various other bolts
- SXS brembo calipers

Gonna ride this weekend and then put the Rekluse in next week. Will post some more pics then!
hylo
4/21/2022 12:10pm
Thanks guys. Waiting on some more parts to roll in: - Ti axles front and rear + various other bolts - SXS brembo calipers Gonna ride...

- SXS brembo calipers

Gonna ride this weekend and then put the Rekluse in next week. Will post some more pics then!
Be very thorough when bleeding the sxs calipers! Take your time! I found them tricky to bleed. I have never had any issues with stock calipers.

They are simply awesome. I have them on my bike and you can feel a difference between the standard and sxs.
ConnorD11
4/21/2022 3:53pm
Respectfully, F U man. That bike is too fucking cool..
4/21/2022 6:28pm
Thanks guys. Waiting on some more parts to roll in: - Ti axles front and rear + various other bolts - SXS brembo calipers Gonna ride...

- SXS brembo calipers

hylo wrote:
Be very thorough when bleeding the sxs calipers! Take your time! I found them tricky to bleed. I have never had any issues with stock calipers...
Be very thorough when bleeding the sxs calipers! Take your time! I found them tricky to bleed. I have never had any issues with stock calipers.

They are simply awesome. I have them on my bike and you can feel a difference between the standard and sxs.
Interesting! I'll probably use my vacuum bleeder to get it close, then do the old tried and true way. Excited for them to come in so I can get them mounted.
Zycki11
4/21/2022 6:49pm
ConnorD11 wrote:
Respectfully, F U man. That bike is too fucking cool..
Lol, thanks man. Making up for lost time!
Ahem, I see your back at it in flying colors. Good job buddy. Take that thing to archview sometime
hylo
4/21/2022 8:33pm
Interesting! I'll probably use my vacuum bleeder to get it close, then do the old tried and true way. Excited for them to come in so...
Interesting! I'll probably use my vacuum bleeder to get it close, then do the old tried and true way. Excited for them to come in so I can get them mounted.
You should be! They are works of art!

Nice bike! Smile
4/22/2022 9:17am
Zycki11 wrote:
Ahem, I see your back at it in flying colors. Good job buddy. Take that thing to archview sometime
My man! Good to "see" a friendly face. I'm out in SoCal now (San Diego) so Archview is a bit of a drive. Maybe I'll go back for SX next year or something. Hope all is well!
mxb2
4/22/2022 2:11pm
Badazz. Build. . To nice to ride. Lol
4/24/2022 4:44pm Edited Date/Time 4/24/2022 4:44pm
Rode yesterday and installed this today! Out with the old, in with the new:

Adjusted the slave cylinder and it feels pretty good! Will get it on the track next week. Still waiting on some more ti stuff to come in Smile
Sandvik74
5/11/2022 9:51am
Sick bike dude! Nothing makes your balls tingle like the pop of a kashima color from a fresh kit suspension in the sun!
5/14/2022 3:39pm Edited Date/Time 5/14/2022 3:43pm
Thanks, ya'll. It's been a ton of fun building AND riding this bike. That new auto-clutch makes it feel like a video game!

As far as the build goes, some new hardware showed up and here's what happened:

Stock vs Ti (top) pivot:

All titanium linkage and shock bolts...

Ti rear CRF axle w/ Ride Engineering chain blocks + ti adjuster bolts and ti sprocket bolts

5/14/2022 3:43pm Edited Date/Time 5/14/2022 3:45pm
Ti lock-nuts.

The rear axle nut is pretty trick, though I do with is was a lock nut like the old steel CRF axle I had before. Ti rotor bolts can be seen here as well.

5/14/2022 3:45pm Edited Date/Time 5/14/2022 3:48pm
Titanium front axle. Kind of weird that the ti front axle and pivot were coated, but the rear one wasn't.

It also came with a pretty trick front axle bolt. Peep the ti rotor bolts, front caliper bolts, etc.

5/14/2022 3:48pm Edited Date/Time 5/14/2022 3:50pm
I really hated the stock bolts here, which is why I replaced them with ti even though they save almost no weight and no one can see them lol

Ti on the bars looks trick though.

Really excited to try out these carbon motor mounts (with ti hardware). I probably won't be able to feel a difference, but they do look trick.

5/14/2022 3:52pm
Still waiting on my SXS calipers to come in. After that, I think I'm mostly done with this bike. I'll be hitting a few races this Fall since I've been getting back to riding normally again. The new KTM 2-strokes look incredible though and I may try to pick up a 250sx and build a smaller brother to this 450. We'll see!

Post a reply to: 2022 Husqvarna FC450 Factory Build (Carbon Fiber Tank + New Project)

The Latest