2019 Pw50 4-6 stock class upgrades

Logan588
I recently bought my son a new Pw50, he’s 5 and only been riding for a little over a month. He’s picked up riding very quickly and is already topping his Pw out around the local tracks. I’m looking for some tips to make it a bit quicker and have a little more throttle response (Gasket and screw have been removed). I DO NOT WANT TO MOD IT. He wants to race the stock 4-6 shaft drive class. Just trying to by some time and save money for a KTM or Cobra 50. Thanks!
|
brody
2/24/2019 8:38pm
Dont think there is mutch to do on thoes bikes other than the gasket screw thing and i have herd of cutting the throttle cable down 2mm then running it like that
Maybe able to find a trade for a ktm or cobra because some dad bought it for there kid and he could not handel it
Also some dealers are giving pretty good discounts on left over 50s could trade the pw in the finance it
( i am fulley aganist financeing bikes, but i would do it for my kid.)
Logan588
2/24/2019 8:48pm
He’s still got some stuff to learn on the pw but it won’t be long before he’s ready to move up. I’ll probably just have to buy the KTM or Cobra..... I’ll probably buy new because I’ve seen how some people take care of their stuff and I don’t want someone’s mess.
dkurtd
2/24/2019 8:54pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2019 8:26am
A couple things to do is:

1. Getting the jetting right, I went down on the main on my Grandsons and also up one clip on the needle(lowering the needle).
2. Find a set of QT50 gears, this is the ring and pinion. They gear it down just enough it pulls from a dead stop so much better.

I know allot of guys send their engines to Barr's to get balanced and blueprinted. Another thing to make them faster is to look at tire weight, I can't remember off the top of my head but there is one set of tires most run to cut down on weight.

The Shop

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
2/25/2019 7:41am
Keep him on the PW for a little bit longer and then throw him on a 65. Forget the KTM, Husky or Cobra 50's. Save the money for a 65. I went from a PW50 to a KX60 no problem.
dkurtd
2/26/2019 8:38am
SLOWTIME wrote:
Reeds and jetting.
You must run stock reeds to be legal in AMA competition, per limited class rules.
SLOWTIME
2/26/2019 3:42pm
SLOWTIME wrote:
Reeds and jetting.
dkurtd wrote:
You must run stock reeds to be legal in AMA competition, per limited class rules.
(Thumbs up)
bf884
3/14/2019 4:58am
Sending it to Bars or proflow is a good choice. For the full blown package you will spend the same amount as the bike costs but there is no comparison between those built bikes and stock.
Mx391
3/15/2019 6:18am
bf884 wrote:
Sending it to Bars or proflow is a good choice. For the full blown package you will spend the same amount as the bike costs but...
Sending it to Bars or proflow is a good choice. For the full blown package you will spend the same amount as the bike costs but there is no comparison between those built bikes and stock.
Does anyone know what Barrs does to them exactly?
3/17/2019 1:42pm
bf884 wrote:
Sending it to Bars or proflow is a good choice. For the full blown package you will spend the same amount as the bike costs but...
Mx391 wrote:
Does anyone know what Barrs does to them exactly?
call pro Flo he'll tell you exactly what he does to them. He's got the PW's dialed.
3/19/2019 4:48pm
dkurtd wrote:
A couple things to do is: 1. Getting the jetting right, I went down on the main on my Grandsons and also up one clip on...
A couple things to do is:

1. Getting the jetting right, I went down on the main on my Grandsons and also up one clip on the needle(lowering the needle).
2. Find a set of QT50 gears, this is the ring and pinion. They gear it down just enough it pulls from a dead stop so much better.

I know allot of guys send their engines to Barr's to get balanced and blueprinted. Another thing to make them faster is to look at tire weight, I can't remember off the top of my head but there is one set of tires most run to cut down on weight.
I also heard about not using grease at the drive train at rear wheel only use a WD40 based lubricant for races only. Refresh before each ride
mx317
3/19/2019 6:50pm
Barr's done a lot of thing to cut down friction through the drivetrain besides the tuning.

Post a reply to: 2019 Pw50 4-6 stock class upgrades

The Latest