2019 Kawasaki KX450 Factory Edition

BigDaddyG
10/15/2019 2:18pm
SO bad ass!!! Very nice work, I like that you tried to mimic the factory bike but with your own touches.
nch209
10/23/2019 1:36pm
Keep looking through this post... so awesome and clean!
Harv379
Fantasy
1988th
11/19/2019 9:19pm
Hey Eddie,

I've been searching like crazy trying to find photo's of this lightspeed glide plate and stumbled upon your build, what a beauty. Does it not extend all the way to those rear mounting holes? Is this the production version 334-00519?

The Shop

mxb2
11/24/2019 7:21pm
Who did the graphics?
Titane
11/25/2019 3:27am
Acerbis stand and throttle syndicate for graphics
mxb2
11/25/2019 7:16am
Titane wrote:
Acerbis stand and throttle syndicate for graphics
Nice,. Thanks.
12/2/2019 6:37am
Thank you
mxb2 wrote:
Np man any motor mods? Pipe, ignition, remap? Fuel?
Pro circuit pipe with the white mapping plug. pump 91 on the fuel
Did you like the white plug for the gearing you're running or did it help more with the pipe??
eddie laret
12/2/2019 2:31pm
mxb2 wrote:
Np man any motor mods? Pipe, ignition, remap? Fuel?
Pro circuit pipe with the white mapping plug. pump 91 on the fuel
Did you like the white plug for the gearing you're running or did it help more with the pipe??
I didn't ride it with stock pipe so I can't give you that info. I do like the power they way I have it but sometimes I would like a 51 tooth sprocket. Manley for small or tight tracks.
Zeke27G
1/23/2020 7:21am

Bitchin' build!!

Can you share more info about the Lightspeed skid plate?

It appears to only have two mounting screws?

Sure wish Willy would keep his website up to date!
Mxracer607
1/23/2020 3:51pm
Are you a VET? and if so are you racing 30+ pro on vet weekend
eddie laret
1/28/2020 5:22am
Harv379 wrote:
Hey Eddie, I've been searching like crazy trying to find photo's of this lightspeed glide plate and stumbled upon your build, what a beauty. Does it...
Hey Eddie,

I've been searching like crazy trying to find photo's of this lightspeed glide plate and stumbled upon your build, what a beauty. Does it not extend all the way to those rear mounting holes? Is this the production version 334-00519?
Yes this is productions. It has a lip that hooks on the back of the frame. Makes it much easier to install
eddie laret
1/28/2020 5:24am
Mxracer607 wrote:
Are you a VET? and if so are you racing 30+ pro on vet weekend
I am a Vet rider, I race the 40+B class. I plan on racing the swap transAM racing at Glen Helen.
eddie laret
1/28/2020 5:27am
Zeke27G wrote:
Bitchin' build!! Can you share more info about the Lightspeed skid plate? It appears to only have two mounting screws? Sure wish Willy would keep his...

Bitchin' build!!

The lightspeed skid plate has been great. I like that it hooks on the back of the frame. Makes it much easier to install after oil changes. I talk to willy and hes going to update the website with a new picture.
Zeke27G
1/29/2020 6:41am
Zeke27G wrote:
Bitchin' build!! Can you share more info about the Lightspeed skid plate? It appears to only have two mounting screws? Sure wish Willy would keep his...

Bitchin' build!!

The lightspeed skid plate has been great. I like that it hooks on the back of the frame. Makes it much easier to install after oil...
The lightspeed skid plate has been great. I like that it hooks on the back of the frame. Makes it much easier to install after oil changes. I talk to willy and hes going to update the website with a new picture.

Thanks for the reply!

Talked to Willy yesterday, he's currently out of stock, but has me on his list for his next production run.
DJV804
1/29/2020 10:26am Edited Date/Time 1/29/2020 10:27am
Zeke27G wrote:

Bitchin' build!!

The lightspeed skid plate has been great. I like that it hooks on the back of the frame. Makes it much easier to install after oil...
Zeke27G wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

Talked to Willy yesterday, he's currently out of stock, but has me on his list for his next production run.
Don’t get you’re hope too high, it’ll probably be a year or two before he has them in stock again. I was waiting for a 250f skid plate that was “in the process” for well over a year and finally went and bought something else when I got sick of waiting.

I love his products but it’s the slowest and biggest pain in the ass Moto company I’ve ever dealt with.
Zeke27G
1/29/2020 12:10pm Edited Date/Time 1/29/2020 12:14pm
DJV804 wrote:
Don’t get you’re hope too high, it’ll probably be a year or two before he has them in stock again. I was waiting for a 250f...
Don’t get you’re hope too high, it’ll probably be a year or two before he has them in stock again. I was waiting for a 250f skid plate that was “in the process” for well over a year and finally went and bought something else when I got sick of waiting.

I love his products but it’s the slowest and biggest pain in the ass Moto company I’ve ever dealt with.
Personally I like Willy, and maybe he's not the best at business, or maybe it's that he makes high quality bitchin products that are in high demand? I can think of quite a few other companies that are a royal pain in the ass and make Willy's operation look far better in comparison. Anyhow, I searched the interwebs and found that Partzilla of all places had 2019-2020 KX450 Lightspeed glide plates in stock for $177, so I ordered one up and I'll see it next week.
Zeke27G
2/2/2020 12:26pm

Fresh off the FedEx truck! Sure isn’t glossy as the one in the photo above? Unless that’s just a heavy coat of SC1?!
eddie laret
2/3/2020 8:00am
Zeke27G wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/02/02/401904/s1200_4381BEDD_C804_43F6_A3EF_1C7529018EE6.jpg[/img] Fresh off the FedEx truck! Sure isn’t glossy as the one in the photo above? Unless that’s just a heavy coat of SC1?!

Fresh off the FedEx truck! Sure isn’t glossy as the one in the photo above? Unless that’s just a heavy coat of SC1?!
ya, the first batches were shinny but he went to no clear coat now. if you want the shinny look you can SC1 it.
Zeke27G
2/3/2020 8:03am
ya, the first batches were shinny but he went to no clear coat now. if you want the shinny look you can SC1 it.

Thanks, I'm okay with the satin all business look. I'd imagine the gloss finish looks good until the first ride?
eddie laret
2/24/2020 1:58pm
Some more new parts!! FCP engine mounts installed, i rode with them once but it was a private rental day at LACR. Track didn't get rough so it wasn't a good test. Kris also informed me they like to run the lower mount flipped from how I have it

Zeke27G
2/26/2020 6:02am
Some more new parts!! FCP engine mounts installed, i rode with them once but it was a private rental day at LACR. Track didn't get rough...
Some more new parts!! FCP engine mounts installed, i rode with them once but it was a private rental day at LACR. Track didn't get rough so it wasn't a good test. Kris also informed me they like to run the lower mount flipped from how I have it

Neat-O!!

Looking forward to some feedback..have been eyeing WCL and FCP mounts.

Asked Keefer myself about their benefits and he downplayed them saying the Kawi chassis wouldn't benefit from them.

But Keefer, what if I'm a vet rider that just wants the benefit of how bitchin' they look?! Haha
jculp141
3/1/2020 5:55pm
Some more new parts!! FCP engine mounts installed, i rode with them once but it was a private rental day at LACR. Track didn't get rough...

DUDE WHAT A BUILD! I have a 2018 KX250 I have it half way apart currently and this build def makes me want to make some changes! I dig these motor mounts, whats the torque on these bolts when it comes to reassembly? Was looking at my manual and it doesn't list motor mounts torque lbs?
eddie laret
3/3/2020 8:00am

Zeke27G wrote:
Neat-O!! Looking forward to some feedback..have been eyeing WCL and FCP mounts. Asked Keefer myself about their benefits and he downplayed them saying the Kawi chassis...

Neat-O!!

Looking forward to some feedback..have been eyeing WCL and FCP mounts.

Asked Keefer myself about their benefits and he downplayed them saying the Kawi chassis wouldn't benefit from them.

But Keefer, what if I'm a vet rider that just wants the benefit of how bitchin' they look?! Haha
I ran them again this weekend. I noticed a little bit in straight line stability in the bumps. Kris from FCP also told to flip the front lower engine mounts so the green color is on the top. It was better for sure. Plus you are right us vet riders have to look good.
eddie laret
3/3/2020 8:02am

jculp141 wrote:
DUDE WHAT A BUILD! I have a 2018 KX250 I have it half way apart currently and this build def makes me want to make some...
DUDE WHAT A BUILD! I have a 2018 KX250 I have it half way apart currently and this build def makes me want to make some changes! I dig these motor mounts, whats the torque on these bolts when it comes to reassembly? Was looking at my manual and it doesn't list motor mounts torque lbs?
I ran the specs Kris from FCP recommended
upper mount
M8 bolt 22 ftlb
m10 bolt 35 ftlb

lower mount
m8 stud 22 ftlb
m10 bolt 34 ftlb
Shaggin589
3/7/2020 6:24am
Who did the Graeme stickers? Did he have those himself or did you have someone make them? I need some new ones and those are sweet
eddie laret
4/21/2020 5:05am
Update........ Throttle syndicate killed this kit for my bike. love the look of the 2020 factory Pro Circuit kit twisted with grey instead of green. I added the grey shrouds, side panel and rear fender to match the kit. They are going to offer this kit to the public. They have all the plastic and sticker kit in stock. FREE!!!!! instillation when you order the plastic and graphic

Post a reply to: 2019 Kawasaki KX450 Factory Edition

The Latest