2019 KTM 350 SXF Build (Tested)

erik_94COBRA
7/22/2019 5:56am
Yes 100%. Has a KYB plush feel now. That is how I described it, then they told me the cones are removed.
313 wrote:
Did you revalve the new gen. shock also? I did revalve the shock. Little more highspeed needed in my opinion. Not 100% happy yet, but closer...
Did you revalve the new gen. shock also?
I did revalve the shock. Little more highspeed needed in my opinion. Not 100% happy yet, but closer to what Im looking for.
What shock settings did you got from enzo? Would be interesting to know what direction they recommened..
I got the shock revalved but it was still too stiff in high speed chop. I took out some air pressure and it got better. But...
I got the shock revalved but it was still too stiff in high speed chop. I took out some air pressure and it got better. But I need to bring it back for valving instead of a bandaid fix. Last time I tried the shock was at Mammoth and I rode the new SuperTrax and OEM. I chose to race with OEM.

Just need to try another setting, it’s going to take a minute for tuners to get settings dialed in this new shock.
Very nice build.

Sent you a PM.
JMS771
7/24/2019 4:06am
Hey guys, here’s a video we shot with Michael Lindsy and Willy Simmons Jr. https://youtu.be/8or0wuphb-U
Hey guys, here’s a video we shot with Michael Lindsy and Willy Simmons Jr.
https://youtu.be/8or0wuphb-U
Absolutely love this bike mate, Inspired me to buy my own! All I’ve done so far is orange plastics and numbers but definitely using your mods as inspiration!
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2298th
7/24/2019 4:00pm
Your bike is looking nice! Definitely many fun things you can do to improve the bike and make it more comfortable.

I'm a person who likes to tinker, I'm always trying new stuff and messing with the bikes in the garage. Some people love it, some hate to work on them.
8/7/2019 3:29am
Yes 100%. Has a KYB plush feel now. That is how I described it, then they told me the cones are removed.
313 wrote:
Did you revalve the new gen. shock also? I did revalve the shock. Little more highspeed needed in my opinion. Not 100% happy yet, but closer...
I did revalve the shock. Little more highspeed needed in my opinion. Not 100% happy yet, but closer to what Im looking for.
What shock settings did you got from enzo? Would be interesting to know what direction they recommened..
I got the shock revalved but it was still too stiff in high speed chop. I took out some air pressure and it got better. But...
I got the shock revalved but it was still too stiff in high speed chop. I took out some air pressure and it got better. But I need to bring it back for valving instead of a bandaid fix. Last time I tried the shock was at Mammoth and I rode the new SuperTrax and OEM. I chose to race with OEM.

Just need to try another setting, it’s going to take a minute for tuners to get settings dialed in this new shock.
I have been messing with the new shock settings a lot. I did revalve the shock because it felt too soft for me. It got better, but still struggled to find good settings. In my first impression I turned the supertrax off and thought its not for me. Now after a lot of testing I turned it on.. 20clickers actually and I really like it on hardpack tracks. It is just little different feeling at first, but when you get use it then it really works well.. at least for me Smile It holds the back wheel down so well and shock feels little softer. Even feels like the back wheel is heavier. Maybe you should try also little more with supertrax system to get to use to it? Smile

The Shop

CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2298th
8/7/2019 8:57pm
313 wrote:

313 wrote:
I have been messing with the new shock settings a lot. I did revalve the shock because it felt too soft for me. It got better...
I have been messing with the new shock settings a lot. I did revalve the shock because it felt too soft for me. It got better, but still struggled to find good settings. In my first impression I turned the supertrax off and thought its not for me. Now after a lot of testing I turned it on.. 20clickers actually and I really like it on hardpack tracks. It is just little different feeling at first, but when you get use it then it really works well.. at least for me Smile It holds the back wheel down so well and shock feels little softer. Even feels like the back wheel is heavier. Maybe you should try also little more with supertrax system to get to use to it? Smile
100% I’m going to have Enzo give me another shock setting and see how it feels from there. I’ll keep everyone posted for sure.
gb4mx
8/17/2019 6:31am
So this is not the perfect size but it’s what I had. Anything thin, you don’t want too much because the your clutch will slip. It’s about 1/32 thick, 1in diameter and I’d go with 1/2in inside diameter, the one I used had some slip side to side.

Maybe these would work....

92200C 92200-1548 WASHER, 13.4X25.0X1.5

92200A 92200-0045 WASHER, 13.4X25X1.0

2017 KX 250 in the clutch diagram
8/17/2019 4:05pm
Do you have a invoice where I can see the parts they changed in your new cv forks? Smile
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2298th
8/17/2019 6:55pm
MadsDausel wrote:
Do you have a invoice where I can see the parts they changed in your new cv forks? Smile
Just call Enzo and ask, I don’t have a detailed breakdown. Will is the tuner who built the forks.
JMS771
8/25/2019 1:00am
Getting my bike cleaned up from the race weekend, started checking my spokes and notice a broken spoke! Not sure when that happened! Broke the head...
Getting my bike cleaned up from the race weekend, started checking my spokes and notice a broken spoke! Not sure when that happened! Broke the head off, lucky it stayed in place.

After talking with some guys this weekend, I decided to try to get some more air into the air box. I drilled a few holes and used some window screen to keep the big chunks out. Also cut away the flap to let more air in there.

How’d you get the fly mesh to stick to the panel?
soggy
Fantasy
3783rd
8/25/2019 6:13am
Getting my bike cleaned up from the race weekend, started checking my spokes and notice a broken spoke! Not sure when that happened! Broke the head...
Getting my bike cleaned up from the race weekend, started checking my spokes and notice a broken spoke! Not sure when that happened! Broke the head off, lucky it stayed in place.

After talking with some guys this weekend, I decided to try to get some more air into the air box. I drilled a few holes and used some window screen to keep the big chunks out. Also cut away the flap to let more air in there.

JMS771 wrote:
How’d you get the fly mesh to stick to the panel?
looks like 3m adhesive
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2298th
8/26/2019 8:39am
Correct 3M adhesive spray from the hardware store. Spray it on first, then lay in the screen so you done clog the holes with adhesive.

But to be honest, no with buying the screen and spray, it's prob cheaper to buy the 2020 side airbox cover that is drilled out.

10/8/2019 2:09pm
Correct 3M adhesive spray from the hardware store. Spray it on first, then lay in the screen so you done clog the holes with adhesive. But...
Correct 3M adhesive spray from the hardware store. Spray it on first, then lay in the screen so you done clog the holes with adhesive.

But to be honest, no with buying the screen and spray, it's prob cheaper to buy the 2020 side airbox cover that is drilled out.

Hey ! I have one question - let's say if besides the Vortex ECU and Yoshi pipe Twisted Development also ported the cylinder head - how it would affect the performance/feel of the bike ?
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2298th
10/8/2019 9:27pm
I can’t speak to the ported head.

But I like the package you wrote:
Twisted Vortex
Full Yosh
Screenless filter cage
Opened up air box
VP T4 fuel
14/52 gearing

I think it’s overall more snappy bike, smooth progressive power. Feels like it pulls endless.
10/9/2019 1:48pm
I can’t speak to the ported head. But I like the package you wrote: Twisted Vortex Full Yosh Screenless filter cage Opened up air box VP...

Twisted Vortex
Full Yosh
Screenless filter cage
Opened up air box
VP T4 fuel
14/52 gearing

I think it’s overall more snappy bike, smooth progressive power. Feels like it pulls endless.
I do not have access to VP (Im based in Europe), but yeah my dream bike's setup would pretty much be smth like You wrote:

Head porting
TD Vortex
Full Yosh
Hinson
TwinAir PowerFlow kit + opened up airbox
14/52 gearing

and then some more little mods as You have done and some more haha Laughing

CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2298th
10/10/2019 1:45pm
I can’t speak to the ported head. But I like the package you wrote: Twisted Vortex Full Yosh Screenless filter cage Opened up air box VP...

Twisted Vortex
Full Yosh
Screenless filter cage
Opened up air box
VP T4 fuel
14/52 gearing

addimatty wrote:
I do not have access to VP (Im based in Europe), but yeah my dream bike's setup would pretty much be smth like You wrote: Head...
I do not have access to VP (Im based in Europe), but yeah my dream bike's setup would pretty much be smth like You wrote:

Head porting
TD Vortex
Full Yosh
Hinson
TwinAir PowerFlow kit + opened up airbox
14/52 gearing

and then some more little mods as You have done and some more haha Laughing

Yeah you dont need VP. I'm actually running our 91 octane pump fuel right now and its fine. I think the engine has plenty of power, it's more about the mapping that makes it run so well and pulls forever.

Good luck with your bike, let us know how you like it!
10/11/2019 9:03am
It’s been a while since I updated this. Almost done! Got some new WP suspension that I’ve been testing with Michael Lindsy. Going to film a...
It’s been a while since I updated this. Almost done! Got some new WP suspension that I’ve been testing with Michael Lindsy. Going to film a build video in 2 weeks.

Been following your build and really respect your attention to detail. You helped push me over the edge and commit to trying the 350. Picked up a 19 two months ago and have started making it my own. Still need ECU and some Suspension as I tried to make the AER work but I just can’t get it to where I want it. Other than the air fork the 350 is probably the best bike I’ve ever rode on the fun meter. Keep up the awesome work, Joe! Cheers
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2298th
10/11/2019 3:41pm Edited Date/Time 10/29/2019 4:17am
It’s been a while since I updated this. Almost done! Got some new WP suspension that I’ve been testing with Michael Lindsy. Going to film a...
It’s been a while since I updated this. Almost done! Got some new WP suspension that I’ve been testing with Michael Lindsy. Going to film a build video in 2 weeks.

Been following your build and really respect your attention to detail. You helped push me over the edge and commit to trying the 350. Picked up...
Been following your build and really respect your attention to detail. You helped push me over the edge and commit to trying the 350. Picked up a 19 two months ago and have started making it my own. Still need ECU and some Suspension as I tried to make the AER work but I just can’t get it to where I want it. Other than the air fork the 350 is probably the best bike I’ve ever rode on the fun meter. Keep up the awesome work, Joe! Cheers
Yeah man 100%. Changing the forks and ECU will transform that bike. It's hard to believe but they are awesome mods!
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2298th
10/29/2019 4:30am
Little update: I tried the FCP engine mounts. My initial impression is that they are too soft. It didn’t really get rid of the harshness in the head tube area but made the rest of the bike really soft. Granted I was riding at a very soft track. I’ll regroup and try them at GH in the future.

Got some Brembo sxs on there. Very impressed with the front. Way more progressive. Then stock. You can really grab it and not lock it up. Very each time drag in ruts evenly.

I think I bent the exhaust mounting tab on my sub frame. I’m going to straight it and have someone beef it up.

I’ll also send this muffler back for a refurbish to Yosh.
I found the orange air box parts and part numbers

Pirate421
10/29/2019 6:16am
Have you ridden the 2020 bike yet? Ive heard from a buddy that the suspension and feel is better and the mapping seems better this year as it seems less prone to flameouts and seems to run better. This build has been awesome so far keep it up!
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2298th
10/30/2019 6:44am
Pirate421 wrote:
Have you ridden the 2020 bike yet? Ive heard from a buddy that the suspension and feel is better and the mapping seems better this year...
Have you ridden the 2020 bike yet? Ive heard from a buddy that the suspension and feel is better and the mapping seems better this year as it seems less prone to flameouts and seems to run better. This build has been awesome so far keep it up!
I’ve rode the 2020 250 and the forks were very impressive. Haven’t ride a new 350 yet.
10/30/2019 7:25am
Pirate421 wrote:
Have you ridden the 2020 bike yet? Ive heard from a buddy that the suspension and feel is better and the mapping seems better this year...
I’ve rode the 2020 250 and the forks were very impressive. Haven’t ride a new 350 yet.
I know you spoke about these mounts on my post the other day.

Soft mounts aren’t ideal for say sand riding ?
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2298th
10/31/2019 10:41pm
Pirate421 wrote:

Yeah my first impression was that it was too soft. I need to try more tracks.
11/1/2019 2:07am

Yeah my first impression was that it was too soft. I need to try more tracks.
I had some 2016 KTM 250sxf engine mounts in my tool box and realised these fit the 2019 250sxf. One hole was a little tight but interesting that these brackets fit the new bikes still.
11/1/2019 4:38am
Little update: I tried the FCP engine mounts. My initial impression is that they are too soft. It didn’t really get rid of the harshness in...
Little update: I tried the FCP engine mounts. My initial impression is that they are too soft. It didn’t really get rid of the harshness in the head tube area but made the rest of the bike really soft. Granted I was riding at a very soft track. I’ll regroup and try them at GH in the future.

Got some Brembo sxs on there. Very impressed with the front. Way more progressive. Then stock. You can really grab it and not lock it up. Very each time drag in ruts evenly.

I think I bent the exhaust mounting tab on my sub frame. I’m going to straight it and have someone beef it up.

Any chance you try the FCP mounts on really hard pack track ??? since it’s mostly the tracks we get around my place thx
11/1/2019 4:56am
Little update: I tried the FCP engine mounts. My initial impression is that they are too soft. It didn’t really get rid of the harshness in...

Any chance you try the FCP mounts on really hard pack track ??? since it’s mostly the tracks we get around my place thx
I’m trying the 2016 Engine mounts out tomorrow at Lommel and Honda park. Just thought I’d try them since the 16 ones fit
11/28/2019 4:34am
Hi Joe,

Quick question, did you have to change your chain length when you went with a 52 T rear sprocket ? I want to go with a 52 T too but i do not know if i need a new chain length or not (stock set up is 14x50 right now on a 350 2019)

Thx
euffeh
11/28/2019 5:38am
Hi Joe, Quick question, did you have to change your chain length when you went with a 52 T rear sprocket ? I want to go...
Hi Joe,

Quick question, did you have to change your chain length when you went with a 52 T rear sprocket ? I want to go with a 52 T too but i do not know if i need a new chain length or not (stock set up is 14x50 right now on a 350 2019)

Thx
You can get away with rotating the axle blocks. Not ideal, but it works.
11/28/2019 7:43am
euffeh wrote:
You can get away with rotating the axle blocks. Not ideal, but it works.
Thanks euffeh but buying a new chain is not a worry because i am gonna buy an all new set (new sprockets and chain). What i don't know is if i have to buy the stock chain length (116 links i believe) or a longer one (118 links).

Thx
captmoto
11/28/2019 11:14am

Twisted Vortex
Full Yosh
Screenless filter cage
Opened up air box
VP T4 fuel
14/52 gearing

This is what I did to my 17 FC450 except I am using a Bills Pipes system and 13/50. The mapping is amazing. It changed the personality of the bike for me.
PTshox
12/4/2019 12:34pm
Is the rear linkage the same on the 19 as on the 16? If so look at a knuckle from Luxon MX or link from PR2 or procircuit.
The leverage curve on the stock link (if same as 16) creates a situation where it's stiff on small chop. If you valve the shock to have the low speed stack soft enough to get small bump compliance you end up blowing through the stroke on bigger hits.

This companies produced the link to solve this issue. You'll have to valve the shock for the new link but you won't be fighting the stock curve... which is a big issue IMO.

Post a reply to: 2019 KTM 350 SXF Build (Tested)

The Latest