2019 KTM 350 SXF Build (Tested)

Related:
Create New Tag

10/16/2018 8:22 PM

Very stoked to pick up this 19 350 in Oregon!

Took her down to Bend for camping, riding and some testing. Got 6 hours on the bike this weekend.

|

10/16/2018 8:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/16/2018 8:32 PM

I got my cone valves on there already and a bunch of parts I’m testing/swapping over.

Got this P3 carbon skid plate made thin so it’s more flexy then normal. It’s super strong and only weights .5 lbs!
Some ti going on the bike

Put my Kawi throttle and cable so it can route in front of the bars.

|

10/16/2018 8:29 PM

The 2016-2018 radiator louvers don’t fit because the holes don’t line up

I figured that if you remove the metal tabs from the hole and trim a bit of the shroud you can get it to work.

|

10/16/2018 8:43 PM

That looks awesome!

|

I got a set of rockstar wheels to use for off-road driving. By far the best thing I had this October.

10/16/2018 9:26 PM

|

10/17/2018 12:23 AM

Joe going beast mode again on everyone, I like.

|

10/17/2018 3:19 PM

How far up from the bottom is the center of the hole for the steering damper? Have fun with that 350 man I freaking love my fc350

|

10/17/2018 9:57 PM

ben5020 wrote:

How far up from the bottom is the center of the hole for the steering damper? Have fun with that 350 man I freaking love my fc350

I’ll take a measurement tomorrow for you.

So far the bike is unreal with a few simple mods!

|

10/18/2018 11:37 AM

ben5020 wrote:

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

Awesome thanks man. What other mods are in your future?

|

10/18/2018 11:53 AM

Dude!!!!!! Can't wait to see it done!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

10/18/2018 10:40 PM

ben5020 wrote:

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

ben5020 wrote:

Awesome thanks man. What other mods are in your future?

Opps sorry I forgot. I’ll get that for you tomorrow!

|

10/18/2018 10:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2018 10:44 PM

Got my FasterUSA wheels on with the CRF axle and Yoshimura blocks. Wrapped everything with some ti. Some pieces I had from my last bike, some were new... oops

I rode at Glen Helen today and am contemplating the gearing. I always felt like I needed to be a gear down in corners. Going to ride another track but I’ll test the 51t on there.

|

10/18/2018 10:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2018 10:48 PM

Cleaned up the whole bar situation and use Ducati rubber straps I found on eBay to hold the wires in place. Swapped out the bars with Renthal Fat bar. Used my old ROCS clamps with PHDS bar mounts. I found this combo dramatically reduced the vibration and harshness of stock bars/clamps. Took some sting out of the small chop and square edge bumps

|

10/19/2018 3:59 PM

Please explain the axle swap

|

10/19/2018 6:10 PM

I heard a few years ago that the KTM team was using axle like this to free up the rear wheel. It give the axle that tiny bit of float instead of being fixed to the axle block.

Can I feel the difference of this alone? Hard to say, but I can say that with this mod, the Hinson cush bumper clutch and a well set up shock, yes it does fell like better traction.

Works Connection just came out with a kit for this, I saw Keefer was testing it.

|

10/20/2018 12:44 AM

ben5020 wrote:

From the bottom of the head tube to the center of the top bolt is 4inches.

Hope that helps!

|

10/20/2018 6:24 AM

ben5020 wrote:

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

From the bottom of the head tube to the center of the top bolt is 4inches.

Hope that helps!

Thank you kind sir!

|

10/22/2018 1:04 AM

Nice Joe, i pick my 19 350sxf on Thursday. Comming from 18 fc450. What your plans for the motor? I think ill put a vortex on it and fmf slip on. To gain some bottom end. Ill put my cone valves on aswell, see how the feel on the chassis.

|

10/22/2018 7:43 AM

JB479 wrote:

Nice Joe, i pick my 19 350sxf on Thursday. Comming from 18 fc450. What your plans for the motor? I think ill put a vortex on it and fmf slip on. To gain some bottom end. Ill put my cone valves on aswell, see how the feel on the chassis.

Yeah man! So I’ve done both already and they are awesome.

Vortex EcU from Twisted. So far all his maps are awesome, more power, better connection and less engine braking on decel. I’ve been using his map 1 and 3 the most. I think 3 is very easy to ride.

I have my large axle cove valves on there. I need to keep them flush with the clamps and sag 106-107. The AER are much longer then my forks so I need this to keep the original bike balence.

I want to keep the engine stock so I get long term out of it. I’m going to mess with gearing I think. Might go up a tooth because some corners I can’t hold 3rd and end up shifting way more then I thought.

|

10/22/2018 10:23 PM

JB479 wrote:

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

Vortex EcU from Twisted. So far all his maps are awesome, more power, better connection and less engine braking on decel. I’ve been using his map 1 and 3 the most. I think 3 is very easy to ride.

I have my large axle cove valves on there. I need to keep them flush with the clamps and sag 106-107. The AER are much longer then my forks so I need this to keep the original bike balence.

I want to keep the engine stock so I get long term out of it. I’m going to mess with gearing I think. Might go up a tooth because some corners I can’t hold 3rd and end up shifting way more then I thought.

Thanks, yeah Awesome! im hoping i can get a vortex through twisted and he can send to austrelia. Yeah ill probably end playing with the gearing aswell so i can carry 3rd around turns. Looking forward to riding a 350 after being on 450’s for the past 6 years.

|

10/23/2018 7:34 AM

Dropped my 350 off at Yoshimura R&D yesterday for fitment and dyno. They have done hours and hours of testing on the 250. Expecting some big things!

|

10/23/2018 8:45 AM

JB479 wrote:

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

I have the small axle Cones right before the black tube ones and they are also 940mm like yours. Factory Connection has an update that lengthens them to 945mm like the new ones if you want more adjustability in your setup. I have been running mine flush like yours, but have my sag at 110mm using the sag mark on the fender. This is on a FC450 Husky Rockstar.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

10/23/2018 10:05 PM

JB479 wrote:

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

mx317 wrote:

I have the small axle Cones right before the black tube ones and they are also 940mm like yours. Factory Connection has an update that lengthens them to 945mm like the new ones if you want more adjustability in your setup. I have been running mine flush like yours, but have my sag at 110mm using the sag mark on the fender. This is on a FC450 Husky Rockstar.

Do you know what they charge to extend them?

I like they way they feel now, I heard today on the Pulp Show running a 90/100/21 would raise the front end 10mm, if you really needed some extra height.

|

10/24/2018 5:10 AM

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

Do you know what they charge to extend them?

I like they way they feel now, I heard today on the Pulp Show running a 90/100/21 would raise the front end 10mm, if you really needed some extra height.

They change the damper rods and spring tube. You are right about the 90/100X21 tire being taller. I have a Pirelli mid-hard MX32 90/100x21 on mine and when you stand them up together with an 80/100x21, there is about a 10mm difference in height. That would amount to raising it 5mm when you center it up. FC did the AER forks for me also and I'm back and forth between the two and I've been really impressed with their AER setup.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

10/24/2018 9:25 PM

Some more parts came in today for the build. Guts Phantom foam, crazy light felt like the box was empty. Going to wrap it in a gripper cover. Hopefully this feels better then the OEM seat!

|

10/24/2018 9:28 PM

Got a 51t and new chain to try at Glen Helen. Looking to have some more pull out of the corners and extend the wheel base.

|

10/26/2018 2:40 PM

did you ride a 16-18 350 any? I’m curious of the difference. On my 17 the 52t did all the good.

|

10/27/2018 1:00 AM

Taylor415 wrote:

did you ride a 16-18 350 any? I’m curious of the difference. On my 17 the 52t did all the good.

Yeah I did ride the older chassis and I had a 2016 250SXF. Biggest difference overall is how much front end traction this bike has and how tight it feels. Like where ever you want the bike to go it does.

I can’t compare the engines, but I like the new chassis and bodywork for sure. My 16 has been through a bunch of top ends, so it was time to upgrade before having having to do another top end, just too expensive.

It’s hard to say if you were in a spot to by 18 or 19 and compairing costs. But if the money was there, I’d take 19 every time.

|

10/27/2018 8:05 PM

Put in my DDS Hinson clutch. I like the feel with the bumpers in it. The stock KTM doesn’t have that.

I replaced the bumpers after 25 hours. They looked like they kinda shrunk or packed out. Left is old and right is new set.
I’m also testing some spacing options on the clutch with different washers so the clutch starts engaging farther from the bar.

|

10/27/2018 8:09 PM

The Twisted Development ECU is awesome, I’ve been running map 1 and 3. They connected it to the stock bar control so I can have 3 maps to choose from at a time while riding.

I found that the maps give the bike more snap, more bark. Jamie also was able to reduce some engine breaking and the off throttle isn’t so abrupt. I love this feel, makes the bike handle so much better!

|