2019 FC450 Power build?

onesev3n
1/19/2019 10:35am
I grew up racing, had fairly good results. Recently got back into it on a 16 Fc450 and I’m happy enough with how I’m riding to justify the cost of a bike build. The problem is I’m clueless as soon as it comes to the engine, anyone have any experience with pulling as much power out of an engine as possible?
|
drifto614
1/21/2019 9:24am
onesev3n wrote:
I grew up racing, had fairly good results. Recently got back into it on a 16 Fc450 and I’m happy enough with how I’m riding to...
I grew up racing, had fairly good results. Recently got back into it on a 16 Fc450 and I’m happy enough with how I’m riding to justify the cost of a bike build. The problem is I’m clueless as soon as it comes to the engine, anyone have any experience with pulling as much power out of an engine as possible?
Send the engine to Twisted Development. Only business that should even be allowed to touch an engine. They make the most power and are extremely reliable.
The_Diablo
Fantasy
1776th
1/21/2019 10:23am Edited Date/Time 1/21/2019 10:24am
Get the ecu remapped by twisted development or tokyo mods. Or get a vortex ignition remapped by either company. Probably the best money spent on these newer husky's and ktm's.
Sixeightone
1/21/2019 1:32pm
I have an 18.5 Rockstar edition. I can say, it's pretty hard to get big numbers reliably out of these bikes. Getting your ECU re-mapped is a waste of time and money. Those companies just send you a standardized map that has literally no change from the stock one.

THE BIKE NEEDS TO BE RUN ON A DYNO.

Start with setting your TPS sensor to .5!!! This will become THE baseline for your engine tuner.

My bike has a dyno tuned stock ecu, runs pump gas, two stroke filter cage, and a FULL fmf exhaust. The airbox on these bikes are really choked up. Did a dyno run with the box cover on, and box cover off, and there was a .8 of a horsepower with it the cover off.

With those modifications the bike was up a 1.7 hp over stock. But the big advantage was the AIR FUEL RATIO was much cleaner across the board (12.9)AFR. The bike ran awful off the showroom floor.

On a loaded brake dyno my bike pulled 49.97 HP and 29.0 FTLBS of torque. The people who run on a free spinning dyno will probably see numbers closer to 57-59, but they are not accurate to the rear wheel.

What you can do to build big HP
-FULL PORT POLISH and 5 ANGLE VALVE JOB from race tech or X-PRO in andover CT
-Deck Cylinder .005"-.006" whichever race tech recommends
-CP high COMP PISTON
-VP MR12 PRO 6 if you need to be AMA compliant.
-VORTEX RACE IGINITION WITH DYNO TUNED MAP TO YOUR OWN BIKE
-cyroheated internals (any metal part) in the bottom end.
-EVANS coolant to reduce operating temp.

If you're looking for torque, you can have DCR build you a cam. But I'm not a fan of how big of a shim needs to be run in the spring retainer, I have seen them pop out. Also not much for HP gain when they are installed.

Hope that helps. Have tested that set up with 50+ hours on each bike. All bikes pull about 52-55HP on a loaded brake dyno SAFELY and SMOOTHLY.

We have found that the CRANKS are very good from KTM in stock trim. It's VERY hard and VERY expensive to make them better for the amount of money that you need to spend.

The tolerances on these bikes are so tight to begin with, it is very hard to improve what they are without posing catastrophic failure.

And honestly short of building it to be a snow bike, who can actually put 50hp to the ground?!

CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2298th
2/4/2019 11:32pm
The bike does not need to be on the dyno to change your mapping. If you work with someone like Twisted it’s a very obvious difference between their maps and stock.

To me, mapping if the future of tuning dirt bikes. It can dramatically change the power(+ or -) and even how free the bikes feels, which effects your suspension. I think it’s worth trying if you can afford it.

Post a reply to: 2019 FC450 Power build?

The Latest