2019 Blusky tc250

Richy
Edited Date/Time 5/26/2021 12:44pm
Thought I’d chuck up a thread, mostly as I’m stoked on the new plastics and graphics.

Not really a build right now, but this one’s a keeper so I’ll throw what I can at it going forward.

To be honest, the bike is SO much better than I need it to be already, so I’m grateful a couple of friends and some fine Vital members talked me into it, every whiff of 2 Stroke or just hearing the soundtrack takes me back to being a kid on an 85.

Anyway, picked up a ‘19 Husky tc250 a couple months back

First up I added a heavier shock spring as I’m a fat bastard.
Dropped to a 49t rear sprocket first of all and freshened up the front sprocket, chain and rear wheel bearing.
Also buzzed the remaining coating off of the raised sections of the clutch cover.
Stuck some slightly lower pegs on it as well as I remembered liking that change in the past.

Threw a Motoseat cover at it and some random blue frame guards and starting throwing blue anodized stuff at it to fully commit to the ‘look pro, go slow’ life…

Immediately bent the shitty bar mounts, and went to X Trigs and some Renthals to make it feel like home, needed a different bend from usual, think the front of the Husky is higher than Jap bikes.
No complaints but I’d grab Luxon’s solution given the choice again, guys do great work.

Then went ahead and got stuck into the KX 125 slide and AJ565’s jetting specs, banging, thing is smooth and probably has more power than I’ll ever need. Another thanks to Vital folks.

Then went to the track and saw white Husky’s as far as the eye could see… they look good no doubt.
I wanted to change it up, but I’m not cool enough to make it Black and the Yellow and Teal options are a little too crazy for me, so I tried to do something a little more clean and chilled out.
Pretty happy with how it turned out although it may be a mixed bag for some guys.

The rotors are pretty thinned out and the front pads are too, so grabbed some MotoMaster rotors and pads (normal rear pads, sticky front pads) and will do those and fluids when I get a minute.

That’s where I’m at now I think, got a crack most of the way through the bracket on the front pipe so gonna grab a Pro Circuit factory front pipe to go with the silencer, but happy as Larry besides that really.
|
Richy
5/10/2021 11:47pm Edited Date/Time 5/10/2021 11:47pm
Thanks Tomok.

Same story here Kieran, this one wasn't actually bad to be fair to them, the needle was rich and the air screw was way out and a few other odd things but I thought it was okay.

Now trying the new slide and jetting it makes you see how it should have been doesn't it haha 😆

The Shop

Richy
5/13/2021 9:01am
These are UFO, purely as that's who the local graphics place deal with. I hadn't used UFO since the 00's before these, but the fit and quality was as close to perfect as it gets so no regrets.

I think Polisport do all blue, so probably at least two options out there man 👌
YZed250
5/26/2021 12:44pm
KTM and Husky rotors usually last a long time. To me, that's a sign that there could be a lot of wear/hours on other parts of the bike. Have you checked out the piston and crank?
Love the color scheme update. Cheers.

Post a reply to: 2019 Blusky tc250

The Latest