2018 RMZ450 WP Shock

Related:
Create New Tag

2/19/2018 3:56 PM

Good fitment and clearance. Currently using 2008 RMZ lower assy and 2018 WP Oem bodyPhoto

|

2/22/2018 11:12 PM

So you took the clevis/ shaft and piston from a 2008 RMZ shock and you put it into a WP body? Is that what you are saying?

|

10/13/2018 4:41 PM

Would the whole wp shock not work? Or is there a preference on the rmz bottom?

|

10/14/2018 7:33 AM

SUZ_291 wrote:

Would the whole wp shock not work? Or is there a preference on the rmz bottom?

The clevis is different, maybe the 08 had a 20mm shaft? But we used a A kit clevis. Trim the WP upper spacers and drops right in.

|

10/14/2018 11:29 AM

That what everybody does .. wp body shock , with a kit shaft and intern components. Add a JGR or Pc linkage and Suzie start to be kind of ready to race

|

10/14/2018 5:30 PM

You guys are freaking genius! One more question. What year wp do I need to focus on getting? I have access to a 15

|

11/2/2018 5:15 PM

Any more info on this guys, I have a showa a kit shock 08-17 and am thinking of doing this for my 18

|

11/3/2018 4:25 AM

I’d really like to know how big difference this really makes, Ive had zero issues with the bfrc shock revalved and sprung bike works awesome. I can go a pretty good pace and am a big dude and it still works great.

Just curious what everyone thinks they’re going to be gaining from this, I find hard believe a standard shock going to work that much better than mine is now but I guess without having another one to swap out with I’d never know.

But the bfrc has never done anything weird to me, it’s super slow and stiff just like I wanted it after revalve, is all the talk about it because of magazines bad mouthing it or lot of suspension guys aren’t doing a good job with it maybe? Or everyone’s confused by the adjusters lol

|

11/16/2018 10:16 AM

Shouldn't we call this shock a ShoWP?

laughing

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

11/16/2018 11:38 AM

motomike894 wrote:

I’d really like to know how big difference this really makes, Ive had zero issues with the bfrc shock revalved and sprung bike works awesome. I can go a pretty good pace and am a big dude and it still works great.

Just curious what everyone thinks they’re going to be gaining from this, I find hard believe a standard shock going to work that much better than mine is now but I guess without having another one to swap out with I’d never know.

But the bfrc has never done anything weird to me, it’s super slow and stiff just like I wanted it after revalve, is all the talk about it because of magazines bad mouthing it or lot of suspension guys aren’t doing a good job with it maybe? Or everyone’s confused by the adjusters lol

Im not sure how much kit suspension you have ridden but it is night and day better. Nothing wrong with stock but once you have some seat time on kit stuff you wont ever want to not have it.

|

11/16/2018 1:48 PM

motomike894 wrote:

Rotaholic wrote:

Im not sure how much kit suspension you have ridden but it is night and day better. Nothing wrong with stock but once you have some seat time on kit stuff you wont ever want to not have it.

Oh I’m sure A kit stuff is awesome, but I’m more taking about a standard shock swap with the bfrc not swapping with an A kit unit lol.

|

11/16/2018 1:51 PM

motomike894 wrote:

Rotaholic wrote:

motomike894 wrote:

Oh I’m sure A kit stuff is awesome, but I’m more taking about a standard shock swap with the bfrc not swapping with an A kit unit lol.

Photo
|

11/16/2018 1:54 PM

Rotaholic wrote:

motomike894 wrote:

SUZ_291 wrote: Photo

And no it doesn't hit the frame. Lol it was scratched when I bought it. The newer 09 and up don't fit. The shock body hits the frame. Best $40 I ever spent.

|

11/16/2018 5:22 PM

Heres an A kit shock we shoehorned into the frame also Photo

|

11/30/2018 8:22 PM

POWERBAND RACING INC wrote:

Good fitment and clearance. Currently using 2008 RMZ lower assy and 2018 WP Oem bodyPhoto

Any chance you could share what you did with the CADJ, it seems a little soft

|

4/7/2019 9:37 AM

POWERBAND RACING INC wrote:

Did the shock body where the reservoir screws on rub the air boot?

|