2017 ktm tld 250sx start to (99% finished)

Related:
Create New Tag

1/20/2018 10:55 AM

Hey vital, heres my ktm 250sx build. in addition to my kx500 build (1991 kx500) in the build section, this is my main bike. Just like my 500 build, it’s a budget theres no money tree in my backyard so nearly all of these parts were used from vital, ebay or wheel and dealed from other bikes. I flip and fix bikes with a buddy on the side for some extra cash to supplement my dirtbike addiction lol! Here’s a little bit of whats been done to it. The bike was bought new in October as a leftover and currently has 5 hours on it. I tore it down to the frame after an hour and had the frame powder coated orange. Of course the 18s come orange but the leftover price of $5999 versus an 18 at $7899, it was a no brainer.

(Yes the chain is a bit loose grinders broke at the moment I’ll have to take it to work)
-renthal 996 twinwalls
-tusk wheels laced to excel rims
-450 factory edition clamps
-fmf pipe/silencer
-acerbis skidplate
-chain and sprockets (factory edition rear)
-vforce reeds
-Michelin starcross 5 medium
-wp stiffer shock spring
-wp closed cartridge spring forks kashima coated uppers, tini lowers and anodized lugs
-tld mcqueen plastics with redbull graphics and backgrounds from 180 decals
-renthal grips with separate throttle tube (no odi)

It’s a solid bike. I’ll be doing more after I finish my kx500 build and probably convert it to a dungey replica. No titanium bling or anything crazy. Enjoy thanks for looking! Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

1/20/2018 11:21 AM

The blue on the KTM's sure looks good. How do those CC forks compare to the AER?

|

1/20/2018 11:31 AM

samcampbell wrote:

The blue on the KTM's sure looks good. How do those CC forks compare to the AER?

Haven’t ridden on them yet lol foot of snow here in NY.

|

1/21/2018 4:10 PM

Good looking bike, I kept looking at the fork guards and was going to ask where I could purchase a set.... Nice fabricating !! looks good..

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

1/21/2018 6:47 PM

ledger wrote:

Good looking bike, I kept looking at the fork guards and was going to ask where I could purchase a set.... Nice fabricating !! looks good..

Thanks! Yeah I couldn’t let those legs go unnoticed, a little razor blade did the trick.

|

1/23/2018 5:14 AM

Looks awesome, sweet bike!

|

1/24/2018 1:13 AM

Super Sharp! Who did the fork coatings???

|

1/26/2018 3:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/26/2018 3:10 PM

nch209 wrote:

Super Sharp! Who did the fork coatings???

Thanks man! A place in the UK called Firefox for the tini and the Kashima was done in Japan.

|