stevo450
12/3/2016 7:12am
Wow that exhaust!!! Awesome!!!
ledger
12/3/2016 5:02pm
Craftsmanship....Outstanding.
MOTO120
12/3/2016 7:11pm
Got the tires off the wheels thanks to the guys at Hall's Cycles...only the best Husqvarna dealership in the world Wink Now time to un-lace them, do a little grinding on the hubs and send off to Clay again at Trick for some Cerakote action. I'm gonna re-lace with A60 rims I think.

Check 'em out!
www.halls-cycles.com

12/4/2016 11:04am
Just picked up a 16 husqvarna 350 and love how you put the Ktm front fender on it I think it looks sweet! Can't wait to see finished bike

The Shop

smv ryder
12/4/2016 3:38pm
MOTO120 wrote:
In my mind, the best levers out there are ARC levers without a doubt...I think if you walk around the pro pits, they all think the...
In my mind, the best levers out there are ARC levers without a doubt...I think if you walk around the pro pits, they all think the same thing too. Adding a set of their composite Memlon levers and clamps...if you haven't checked out these Memlon levers, I suggest you do

Brake Lever - https://arclevers.com/index.php?route=product/spsearch&spsearch=brake%2…

Clutch Lever - https://arclevers.com/index.php?route=product/spsearch&spsearch=clutch%…

Clamps - https://arclevers.com/index.php?route=product/spsearch&spsearch=slipper…
CC268 wrote:
I noticed they have a short and normal lever length option - which do you usually go with?
I love ARC memlon levers and tell everyone they are the best.. But why the clamp? Bling or function? They look awesome!
smv ryder
12/4/2016 3:44pm
MOTO120 wrote:
As I have always done with every one of my Husqvarna's in the past, I am going to use a Cycralite front fender paired with a...
As I have always done with every one of my Husqvarna's in the past, I am going to use a Cycralite front fender paired with a Cycra Stadium plate. Of course Cycra doesn't officially make these 2 parts for Husqvarna motorcycles BUT they do for KTM so..... These are the new 2016+ KTM SXF pieces FYI. Front fender is perfect as the vented part was already black which is awesome, clearances are all perfect and nothing hits. The stadium plate though is only offered as a white plate with orange pieces (as seen) or a black plate with black pieces SO now that I know everything fits perfectly, I will order the black plate with black pieces and swap out the orange pieces on the current plate....so the finished plate will be a white plate with black pieces Cool

Looks fantastic!! Wish on my Husky I went this route! Why the Cycralite plate and fender? Do you need the flow from the front fender? Are they lighter than OEM?
GregDVT
12/4/2016 5:30pm
MOTO120 wrote:
Got the tires off the wheels thanks to the guys at Hall's Cycles...only the best Husqvarna dealership in the world ;) Now time to un-lace them...
Got the tires off the wheels thanks to the guys at Hall's Cycles...only the best Husqvarna dealership in the world Wink Now time to un-lace them, do a little grinding on the hubs and send off to Clay again at Trick for some Cerakote action. I'm gonna re-lace with A60 rims I think.

Check 'em out!
www.halls-cycles.com

Why are people moving from anodizing/powder coating to cerakote? Is it for durability or easier to get colors correct?
12/4/2016 5:37pm
MOTO120 wrote:
Got the tires off the wheels thanks to the guys at Hall's Cycles...only the best Husqvarna dealership in the world ;) Now time to un-lace them...

Check 'em out!
www.halls-cycles.com

GregDVT wrote:
Why are people moving from anodizing/powder coating to cerakote? Is it for durability or easier to get colors correct?
Cerakote on a cast piece of aluminium comes out with an amazing finish of color.

Where anodizing on a cast piece of aluminium results in a cloudy poor colored finish.

Anodizing on billet aluminum gives great color finish.

Anodizing and cerakote also have really small tolerances in there application. Works great for coatings on pieces of aluminium like calipers that need to maintain tight tolerances.

Where powder coating adds thick amount of material effecting tolerances.

It is also a very durable finish. To my understanding, less durable then type 3 hard anodizing.

Also very affordable finish as well.
JW381
12/4/2016 6:38pm
Killer bike bro. I almost like seeing a build from a newer bike, solely because it pains me so much to see the terrible Co dition people let their dirt bikes get to. Haha
Motofinne
12/5/2016 2:01am
This bike will be absolutely amazing! Really enjoyable to follow your work with it!
MOTO120
12/5/2016 6:30am
smv ryder wrote:
I love ARC memlon levers and tell everyone they are the best.. But why the clamp? Bling or function? They look awesome!
Both bling and function for me. I love the look of them and they are obviously just a nicer pieces of material than the rough cast clamp. The function benefit of these over the stock clamp is these have a Delrin sleeve that actually contact the handlebar rather than the metal clamp itself....in case of a crash, this allows the entire unit to move/slide on the handlebar a bit.
MOTO120
12/5/2016 5:41pm
Front hub unlaced easily without any issues :-)

Rear hub on the other hand not so much. 5 spokes/nipples are frozen solid, even tried some "creeping oil" over night without any luck. Gonna get the big wire cutters out and order 5 new spokes and nipples...much easier than continuing to mess with them :-)

KD3
12/6/2016 9:02am
so where you/he did the front number plate/fender swap, is it possible for the shrouds and side plates from a '17 husky to go on the '17 ktm?
Lajnus
12/6/2016 10:56am
KD3 wrote:
so where you/he did the front number plate/fender swap, is it possible for the shrouds and side plates from a '17 husky to go on the...
so where you/he did the front number plate/fender swap, is it possible for the shrouds and side plates from a '17 husky to go on the '17 ktm?
It won't bolt right on if that is your question.
KD3
12/6/2016 1:51pm
KD3 wrote:
so where you/he did the front number plate/fender swap, is it possible for the shrouds and side plates from a '17 husky to go on the...
Lajnus wrote:
i figured that but is there even a way to make it happen?
CarlinoJoeVideo
12/6/2016 10:02pm
KD3 wrote:
Lajnus wrote:
KD3 wrote:
i figured that but is there even a way to make it happen?
The subframe are different so I'd image you have a problem with the whole rear end working.
Barrett57
12/7/2016 10:35am
These Huskies are good looking bikes anyway, but this one is going to be an absolute beauty!
Markee
12/8/2016 12:29pm
Heat those nipples. Thermal expansion should break that thread bond.
MOTO120
12/10/2016 11:33am Edited Date/Time 12/12/2016 10:04am
Double Post - sorry
Helder
12/18/2016 5:54pm
Any update on this one?
MOTO120
12/20/2016 8:07am Edited Date/Time 12/20/2016 8:16am
Helder wrote:
Any update on this one?
Honestly not really Sad Been busy with family stuff (kids) and trying to get products designed/ready to ship for my small business.

Received the front brake system parts back from Trick Engineering after getting coated...they look badass as expected! Got the hubs completely disassembled and ready to ship off to Trick for some work. Rear shock is currently at WP getting some work done to it (the standard full re-valve/new spring/new fluids/etc.). I will get some pics posted up in the coming couple weeks when I'm able to start putting the rear end of the bike back together.
MOTO120
1/18/2017 6:04pm
Sorry for the lengthy hiatus, been busy trying to keep up with my part-time nights/weekends job SLF Motion...it takes up any free time that I might have AFTER the 2 kiddos get the attention they need AFTER I get home from my regular full time job...so motorcycles are pretty far down the list at the moment.

Not much to update here, really just been acquiring some more parts. Installed a lot of the Ti hardware and a few small bits but that's about it. I'm pretty much ready to ride this thing HAHA...far from it.

Hubs coated and back from Trick Engineering...damn these things are badass!

Front brake system looking awesome! Coating done by Trick and lever is the ARC composite model.

Titanium footpegs from BUD. These things are trick looking!

Seems like getting the springs into these pegs is going to be nearly impossible haha

Colored Ti bolts holding the brake line guide :-)

Got the Boyesen Super Cooler installed...of course with Ti hardware :-)

Received the shock back from WP

More aggressive brake pedal tip installed with colored Ti hardware

Will install this FasstCo. return spring kit on the rear brake pedal...always loved these things

1/18/2017 7:30pm
All these trick parts, ti hardware and no xtrig pre load adjuster? Killin me smalls! Any decision on the forks yet?
stevo450
1/18/2017 7:44pm
This makes my build look second rate... Lol I really like the hubs and brake component coatings... I wish that stuff was available in Oz!
jbrown15
1/19/2017 12:39am
Maybe it's just me but I think the swingarm would look great with that Cerakote coating on it too. I've never seen that finish before, I have a 2017 Husky TC250 and I want to start having a bunch of the parts done in that coating after stumbling onto your thread!

Bike looks awesome, keep up the great work and the pictures coming!
Pirate421
1/19/2017 2:41am
Those pegs are definitely frustrating. I believe Slavens or someone has a vid with a trick using some needle nose vice grips to grip the spring in place on the peg and then you can push the peg and spring into place as one unit. This is the only way I could figure out how to do it on mine. Good luck!
Rowlands
1/19/2017 10:38am
I'm jealous of your hardware.

Great build really enjoying this.

Post a reply to: 2017 Husqvarna FC450 - FINISHED

The Latest

The Latest