2017 Husky TC 125 build.

chuckdavies
4/10/2017 3:16am
usafwx wrote:
This makes me want to sell my Yz. Gorgeous bike how's the handling?
Thanks bud - handling is insane. I had it on my 16 FC250 and when i threw it on my 17 TC125 it was really harsh due to the obvious weight difference. Soon as i had it revalved with new fork/shock springs it's been a dream, honestly! I bought it new from Technical Touch, it's the KYB Factory Kit they sell. I think with how good the OEM stuff is on the 17 i probably wouldn't have got this stuff as i'm not usually tooo fussy, but I couldn't cope with the stock 4CS stuff.
4/10/2017 7:13pm
Any updates yet jeffro? Actually been talking to Joel on instagram and hes helping me with a couple of parts too - good guy! Just finished...
Any updates yet jeffro? Actually been talking to Joel on instagram and hes helping me with a couple of parts too - good guy!

Just finished mine off today. Few little bits left to do but it's not far off. All titanium M5/M6/M8 bolts plus custom ti engine mount bolts, ti rear brake pivot etc from Phil Denton Eng. Top quality stuff as always!

Looks epic! Very trick 125
jeffro503
4/11/2017 7:48pm
Little update. My Pro carbon parts were on my door step tonight when I got home from work! Man , the fit and finish on these things are awesome!! Never mind the graphics in the back ground....those are all for the RM 250. Also....I wanted to post a pic of the sales receipt for the guys who questioned the price. Total was $217.08 USD. Not bad at all! And I'll be getting more stuff from them here in the future.

4/12/2017 12:47am
Awesome! Thanks for putting the reciept in there, that seems like a very reasonable price indeed. Smile

The Shop

.kyle
4/12/2017 1:26pm
Cheers Jeffro! Sounds good, looking forward to seeing it! Don't blame you waiting for some nice weather to break it in... I used to run VP...
Cheers Jeffro! Sounds good, looking forward to seeing it! Don't blame you waiting for some nice weather to break it in...

I used to run VP back in the day on my kawi 250f, U4.2 i think it was. I'd like to run some C12 in this but i can't justify the cost at the minute. Runs so sweet with 99 octane pump fuel anyway, just doesn't have the smell Smile

I'm looking into a Vforce, and a VHM head with the 12 degree VHM piston to match - I'm hearing great improvements.

Next wednesday i'm testing a friends 17 SX125 which has a few thousand spent on the motor, all ported, VHM head and 12 degree piston, VHM high inertia crank, Vforce, Ignition too i believe. They're keen for back-to-back feedback so it will be interesting to try. I'll report back
Any update on the test ride of your mates sx125, chuck? Curious to hear about the effect of the mods - bhp figure??
chuckdavies
4/13/2017 3:39am
.kyle wrote:
Any update on the test ride of your mates sx125, chuck? Curious to hear about the effect of the mods - bhp figure??
Unfortunately he's on a 4 day training course this week with Justin Morris then straight to next national round this weekend so not had chance to test. Keen to sort something soon though so will report back asap.

chuckdavies
4/24/2017 3:30am
.kyle wrote:
Well, got a chance to test it!

Bike is a beast, when you remind yourself it's still a 125. Still similar bottom end to my stocker, but the mid range is so strong it's unbelievable, and where mine tails off and i find myself shifting gears, this holds onto the gear so well whilst producing awesome power - i think this may be due to the weighted crank too. It's quite an expensive setup but it's a serious improvement over stock.

Their setup is:

Full Scalvini (although tuner said HGS has same power but they preferred the look of the Scalvini)
VHM Crank
VHM Head with VHM 12 degree piston
Ported
Vforce4R
Oval bored OEM '17 Carb
and runs on AV Gas
Slosh 112
4/24/2017 4:38pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Little update. My Pro carbon parts were on my door step tonight when I got home from work! Man , the fit and finish on these...
Little update. My Pro carbon parts were on my door step tonight when I got home from work! Man , the fit and finish on these things are awesome!! Never mind the graphics in the back ground....those are all for the RM 250. Also....I wanted to post a pic of the sales receipt for the guys who questioned the price. Total was $217.08 USD. Not bad at all! And I'll be getting more stuff from them here in the future.

I've got a mix & match collection of carbon on my RM125, mainly because not one company can sell me everything I want. I've got a lightspeed glide plate and chain guide, Pro Carbon frame guards, Zeta Carbon front brake line guide and an Extreme Carbon rear shock protector flap. The pro carbon stuff didn't fit perfect but they definitely fit far better than the light speed stuff and 10x better service too. I'm pretty sure I got a KX chain guide in an RMZ labelled bag and I had to wait 2 months to get the frame guards...
bvm111
5/6/2017 4:00pm Edited Date/Time 5/6/2017 4:01pm
With all of Jeffro's ML512 imposed free time things are starting to come together on his 125... check out all the sweet CF tid bits!!!!

FREE JEFFRO!!!!

5/14/2017 7:10am
Oh man, Jeffbro. That thing is gonna be so fun AND fast! Very, very nice.

Chuck Davies bike looks sweet too!
jeffro503
5/14/2017 11:40am
Good gawd! Finally....next weekend here is suppose to dry out and be in the 80's! I might try and ride both days and get some good seat time on that little Husky!

@Chuck......Good god Chuck , that Husky of yours turned out so nice! I won't be able to do a full tilt build like you have done , but I do plan on doing a few things to mine. I have the Vforce already installed , and have the Scalvini pipe sitting here. FMF silencer here in a few weeks.I'll get the full exhaust put on after I get a few rides ( really want the comparison between the two exhausts ) Suspension will be done soon too. But as far as any motor work goes , I want to hold off on that until I do the initial rebuild sometime this summer. At that point in time , there will be many things to think over. I'm not sure how much of a fire breather I want to create here...as I'm not looking for 250 type power. But....if I can squeeze some extra ponies out of her I will. Right now....suspension is first thing on the list. Oh....that and I'm changing the dang bars. Got a new set of Renthal 997's sitting here.
5/14/2017 5:26pm
No doubt this will be a fun bike Jeffro!
If you really think you need more oomph you can bolt on the 150 cylinder but you know the saying: a more powerful bike just makes you shut off sooner. And who wants to shut off? Not me!

Standing by for pics of the Scalvini Cool
5/15/2017 4:36am
Cooper 688 wrote:
No doubt this will be a fun bike Jeffro! If you really think you need more oomph you can bolt on the 150 cylinder but you...
No doubt this will be a fun bike Jeffro!
If you really think you need more oomph you can bolt on the 150 cylinder but you know the saying: a more powerful bike just makes you shut off sooner. And who wants to shut off? Not me!

Standing by for pics of the Scalvini Cool
I like that little quote. Good one.
Bruce372
1/24/2018 6:40pm
Nice build! Always a good idea giving a new bike a grease job from the factory, doing the samething myself. From what I've heard from engine...
Nice build!

Always a good idea giving a new bike a grease job from the factory, doing the samething myself.

From what I've heard from engine builders who have dyno'd pipes for the TC 125, HGS is meant to be the best. I've gone bills pipes, just because I've heard they benchmark their pipe off the HGS, plus I love their carbon silencer Smile

I'll be following your progress.
I am hoping to get the sheets on stock vs FMF vs hgs, but on a new 150sx

By all accounts, FMF beats them both very well.

The v force does nothing on the dyno, but is still is a good investment for reliability and easier jetting.
1/24/2018 7:38pm
Im always impressed with you guys that tear down the bike completely to the frame.

What a load of work. I wish I had that sorta patience.
chuckdavies
1/25/2018 3:25am
Thanks for posting this Bruce! Kind of keen to try a factory fatty now over my HGS. I'd like to see if your guy could test the FMF Factory fatty with the Shorty, Powercore and 2.1 silencers too and see what produces the best power. The 2.1 Ally and Ti are quite a bit dearer than the other 2 silencers they sell, and with the FMF sponsored Husky 125 riders using Shorty/Powercore i'm thinking they may actually make less power than the cheaper ones they offer?
jeffro503
1/25/2018 4:52pm
Forgot about this thread. About 8 months I guess since I bought that little Husky. She's a keeper for sure. Plan on putting a few more hours on it before it gets torn down for a re-build. Plan on getting some motor work done as well. Really would like to line up for some 125 only class races this spring and summer. Hard to find anyone near my age that actually races them though around here....mostly younger dudes. It's all good though.
kwenske321
1/26/2018 7:45am
jeffro503 wrote:
Forgot about this thread. About 8 months I guess since I bought that little Husky. She's a keeper for sure. Plan on putting a few more...
Forgot about this thread. About 8 months I guess since I bought that little Husky. She's a keeper for sure. Plan on putting a few more hours on it before it gets torn down for a re-build. Plan on getting some motor work done as well. Really would like to line up for some 125 only class races this spring and summer. Hard to find anyone near my age that actually races them though around here....mostly younger dudes. It's all good though.
What’s the status of your RM build!?!?
jeffro503
1/26/2018 8:12am
jeffro503 wrote:
Forgot about this thread. About 8 months I guess since I bought that little Husky. She's a keeper for sure. Plan on putting a few more...
kwenske321 wrote:
Right now at a stand still. I came into the winter months at the time of year where I have to watch what I spend , but work has started back up early this year , so I should be able to finish it here soon. I need to get my master cylinders , and calipers torn down , and take those and my triple clamps down for Cerakote. I also have to order up a set of the Crabon Tech reeds ( I sent my Vforce 4 back as it was worse then the stock one ) The stock cage is actually really good on this bike , but the reeds were chipped. I also had that cage modded a little and matched to the intake. I also still need to get tubes and tires for my new rims. And I think that's it. It'll be ready for spring!
Bruce372
1/26/2018 8:24am
jeffro503 wrote:
kwenske321 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Right now at a stand still. I came into the winter months at the time of year where I have to watch what I spend...
Right now at a stand still. I came into the winter months at the time of year where I have to watch what I spend , but work has started back up early this year , so I should be able to finish it here soon. I need to get my master cylinders , and calipers torn down , and take those and my triple clamps down for Cerakote. I also have to order up a set of the Crabon Tech reeds ( I sent my Vforce 4 back as it was worse then the stock one ) The stock cage is actually really good on this bike , but the reeds were chipped. I also had that cage modded a little and matched to the intake. I also still need to get tubes and tires for my new rims. And I think that's it. It'll be ready for spring!
What was the issue with the v force jeff?
MotoMatt_928
1/26/2018 12:24pm
Really digging the carbon fiber frame guards! Nice job on the build!!!
LumpDog841
1/26/2018 3:25pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Maybe the 125 dream race??
jeffro503
1/26/2018 6:28pm
jeffro503 wrote:
LumpDog841 wrote:
Maybe the 125 dream race??
I am 100% doing that race this year! I don't care if both my legs are broken....I'm freakin' doing it!
jeffro503
1/26/2018 6:34pm
kwenske321 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Right now at a stand still. I came into the winter months at the time of year where I have to watch what I spend...
Bruce372 wrote:
What was the issue with the v force jeff?
Bruce....it was an odd deal. The stock reed cage on my 125 was burred up and the reeds were warped. I ordered the Vforce for that bike and it was perfect....still running it.

On the RM.....I hadn't checked my cage ( the stock cage ) , but I had two reed pedals chipped , and I thought that since the one I got for the Husky was so nice....why not pick up another one? I got it , and it looked worse then the stock Husky 125 cage and reed setup! The reeds were "almost" to short , and every single reed had a gap! I also did not like the way the rubber seal was.....like it was a hard rubber. My stock cage was perfectly flat , and the rubber was nice and soft , with no gaps and sealed perfectly. So i decided to save the money , send that whole Vforce back , and now I'm ordering the Carbon tech " medium " reeds to go on my stock cage.

Weird deal....that those two Vforce reed cages were exactly the opposite on quality.

Post a reply to: 2017 Husky TC 125 build.

The Latest