2017 Husky FC 350 - FINISHED

1/8/2018 4:41pm Edited Date/Time 2/13/2018 2:10pm
Been many years since I've built a bike / ridden. So now that I've had the chance, I spared no expense and built the ultimate spode mobile capable of "winning the pits"....

PARTS LIST

Misc:
Bike Cover - OEM
Lift Stand - OEM
Air Box Cover - TwinAir
Exhaust Plug - Pro Circuit

Controls:
Handlebars - Renthal Twinwall 996
Levers - Renthal Gen2 Intellilever
Throttle Tube - Renthal Billet
Grips - Renthal Soft
Seat - OEM Step Seat
Seat Cover - BlackBirdRacing
Frame Protector - P3
Footpegs - Raptor Titanium
Launch Control - Pro Circuit

Suspension:
Fork Bleeders - OEM
PreLoad Adjuster - OEM Billet
Reservoir Bladder Kit - WP
Linkage System - Pro Circuit

Engine:
Air Box Vents - P3
Air Filter - TwinAir Powerflow Kit
Fuel Tank Heat Shield - Pro Circuit
Temp Strips - Pro Circuit
Engine Oil Plug - OEM Billet
Oil Filter Cover - Maxima Billet
Oil Filter - Maxima Stainless
Water Pump - Boyesen Supercooler
Silicone Hose Kit - OEM
Exhaust - Pro Circuit Ti-6

Drive Train:
Chain - RK
Rear Sprocket Bolts - Titanium
Rear Sprocket - Renthal
Hubs - Kite
Rims - Alpina
Tires - Bridgestone X20

Bling:
Fork guards - OEM (white)
Transponder Holder - Lightspeed Carbon
Skid plate - P3 Carbon
Mudflap - WaveRacing Carbon
Rear Caliper Support - OEM Billet
Rear Caliper Guard - OEM Carbon
Graphics - Motocal

Everything is bought & paid for. 90% installed. Just waiting on the wheelset in the mail and a few small pieces to be installed. I wish I wouldve posted pics as it was being built. I totally failed the purpose of these "bike build" threads. And for that I sincerely apologize.

I'll post pics once it's totally finished. If this thing cant win me "Bike of the Week", then I give up hahaha.
|
Jmicmoto13
1/10/2018 4:19am
Sounds tight. Can’t wait to see the spode-mobile.
Agent717
1/16/2018 12:10pm
Those wheels are too nice to ride on. Just hang them in your living room.

The Shop

1/18/2018 5:37pm
yz133rider wrote:
More pics!
Tires mounted.

Funny/shitty story.

It took me MANY phone calls to find a shop that would mount these. One service tech actually started yelling at me and pretty much chased me out of his shop because he wanted no part in mounting tires to custom wheels.

After finally finding a dealership (drove 2 hrs too), they took extra care and did a perfect job. They had the wheels on display in the service department until I came back to pick them up. I was gone maybe an hour or two.

And while sitting there a customer supposedly came it and kicked them over. Putting a huge/deep scratch in the paint. Just my damn luck.

These things ship all the way from Italy, I drive them 2 hrs, they get installed perfectly, and them some douche kicks them over. Life has a cruel sense of humor for sure.

Anyways. Here they are. Im pretty good w/ paint repair so Ive got them almost fixed perfect.

Just waiting on the shock and a couple minor parts and then this thing will be finished.

MX915
1/18/2018 5:55pm
Tires mounted. Funny/shitty story. It took me MANY phone calls to find a shop that would mount these. One service tech actually started yelling at me...
Tires mounted.

Funny/shitty story.

It took me MANY phone calls to find a shop that would mount these. One service tech actually started yelling at me and pretty much chased me out of his shop because he wanted no part in mounting tires to custom wheels.

After finally finding a dealership (drove 2 hrs too), they took extra care and did a perfect job. They had the wheels on display in the service department until I came back to pick them up. I was gone maybe an hour or two.

And while sitting there a customer supposedly came it and kicked them over. Putting a huge/deep scratch in the paint. Just my damn luck.

These things ship all the way from Italy, I drive them 2 hrs, they get installed perfectly, and them some douche kicks them over. Life has a cruel sense of humor for sure.

Anyways. Here they are. Im pretty good w/ paint repair so Ive got them almost fixed perfect.

Just waiting on the shock and a couple minor parts and then this thing will be finished.

Dude that sucks. But at least you can take comfort in knowing that 5 min out on the track and they'll look hammered anyway.

Looking forward to the finished product.
Slosh 112
1/18/2018 11:37pm
I don't get these wankers that carry on about not fitting tyres to custom wheels sets but will happily throw a new tyre on some flogged out, bent, cracked and buckled rims with half the spokes loose from a 98 YZ250 because they are standard kit. I had one service centre manager give me a hard time over a wheel set I built, he didn't want to do it because he didn't think I could lace a wheel and wanted to send them away for rebuilding to "proper standard" before putting a tyre on, so I walked out.

Its not that hard to lace a rim.
crockett
1/19/2018 2:36pm
How can you lace a wheel but not mount tires??
Slosh 112
1/19/2018 2:50pm
crockett wrote:
How can you lace a wheel but not mount tires??
Hahaha true! I never thought of it like that, I guess Ill buy some tyre levers and start having a go haha.
1/23/2018 12:51pm Edited Date/Time 1/23/2018 9:26pm
This carbon piece is a bitch. Because what they dont tell you is that it requires a new billet brake caliper mount.

I only discovered the billet piece by accident.

smv ryder
Fantasy
1425th
1/23/2018 9:04pm
Amazing build! That mud flap is so rad.
Keeping the forks stock? Or doing a revalve?
1/23/2018 9:14pm Edited Date/Time 1/23/2018 9:16pm
smv ryder wrote:
Amazing build! That mud flap is so rad.
Keeping the forks stock? Or doing a revalve?
The carbon flap piece is actually pretty awesome. It’s made with a lot of flex so I expect it to be durable.

Keeping the forks stock for now. I have zero complaints. Maybe a revalve of both the shock & fork when I get faster. But for now, it’s still my favorite suspension of all-time. I think 3 yrs on the 4CS junk really makes one appreciate just about anything. Factory Connection is very convincing when they say they can improve things w/ a revavle & some mods. I trust them. But for now Im already very happy.

Ideally I’d like to get AER Cone Valve Forks and a Trax Shock. With the WP triple clamps. But I sorta ran out of budget. The wheels were my compromise.

But the OEM shock is actually quite good. Especially now that Im adding the WP reservoir / bladder kit.
1/23/2018 9:28pm
Two things tho that I am regretting...

I really think the bike needs carbon frame guards.

And now that I’ve started with some titanium parts, it just wouldn’t be right if I didnt go the distance.
smv ryder
Fantasy
1425th
1/28/2018 10:15am
Two things tho that I am regretting... I really think the bike needs carbon frame guards. And now that I’ve started with some titanium parts, it...
Two things tho that I am regretting...

I really think the bike needs carbon frame guards.

And now that I’ve started with some titanium parts, it just wouldn’t be right if I didnt go the distance.
Well it’s only money ??... lol
IMO the carbon fiber guards made by the guy on Vital would look epic AF!!! Not sure on price but yes you need to pull the trigger. I just wish he made them for my bike..

What titanium bolts have you purchased? I am around 80ish so far and I think I am done. I did a stainless steel engine kit because the titanium was just too much coin. Titanium axles, disks and some of the last items are huge coin. Or go a different route and do a carbon fiber gas tank/subframe from Europe. I search EBay Europe regularly for the CF tank and subframe for my bike, just for the chance to find one cheap.

I can’t wait to see the end results
1/28/2018 11:19am Edited Date/Time 1/28/2018 11:20am
smv ryder wrote:
Well it’s only money ??... lol IMO the carbon fiber guards made by the guy on Vital would look epic AF!!! Not sure on price but...
Well it’s only money ??... lol
IMO the carbon fiber guards made by the guy on Vital would look epic AF!!! Not sure on price but yes you need to pull the trigger. I just wish he made them for my bike..

What titanium bolts have you purchased? I am around 80ish so far and I think I am done. I did a stainless steel engine kit because the titanium was just too much coin. Titanium axles, disks and some of the last items are huge coin. Or go a different route and do a carbon fiber gas tank/subframe from Europe. I search EBay Europe regularly for the CF tank and subframe for my bike, just for the chance to find one cheap.

I can’t wait to see the end results
I only bought the sprocket bolts in titanium. From Warp 9.

Then I noticed I could get axles and swing arm bolts for another $660.

The same kit from Mettec is over double that cost more. I could end up spending thousands. I'd rather spend that money on a Trax Shock or CV forks.

Or a new road bike frame.

Anyone know why the Mettec stuff is so much more? Is the quality of Warp 9 that bad?
smv ryder
Fantasy
1425th
1/28/2018 12:47pm
I only bought the sprocket bolts in titanium. From Warp 9. Then I noticed I could get axles and swing arm bolts for another $660. The...
I only bought the sprocket bolts in titanium. From Warp 9.

Then I noticed I could get axles and swing arm bolts for another $660.

The same kit from Mettec is over double that cost more. I could end up spending thousands. I'd rather spend that money on a Trax Shock or CV forks.

Or a new road bike frame.

Anyone know why the Mettec stuff is so much more? Is the quality of Warp 9 that bad?
$660 is actually a good deal, like you have found out looking at the Mettec. The companies I use are Racetech titanium and probolt USA. Titanium bolts from a good company are about $10-$14 a bolt, so it’s a very expensive game to play lol.
Not sure your pace but the CV’s are very nice but I went with the Dal Soggio Sphere kit because I felt I wasn’t up to the pace of such amazing forks. Saying that my Dal Soggio’s are A Amazing! It’s like a poor mans A kit imo.
https://www.dalsoggiorace.com/sphere-hydraulic-cartridge/

I have been wanting a Traxshock so bad for so long... I find them here on vital all the time for a incredible price but this is just my crew of bros info... they all end up not using the Traxx function of the shock, you can disable it.. So I have a amazing Racetech gold valved, valved for me and spring correct stock shock on my bike that works amazing that I will stick with. So saying all of that have you should get your stock shock worked. IMO get it revalved and spend that extra money not spent on a Trax on more awesomeness
1/28/2018 9:22pm
smv ryder wrote:
$660 is actually a good deal, like you have found out looking at the Mettec. The companies I use are Racetech titanium and probolt USA. Titanium...
$660 is actually a good deal, like you have found out looking at the Mettec. The companies I use are Racetech titanium and probolt USA. Titanium bolts from a good company are about $10-$14 a bolt, so it’s a very expensive game to play lol.
Not sure your pace but the CV’s are very nice but I went with the Dal Soggio Sphere kit because I felt I wasn’t up to the pace of such amazing forks. Saying that my Dal Soggio’s are A Amazing! It’s like a poor mans A kit imo.
https://www.dalsoggiorace.com/sphere-hydraulic-cartridge/

I have been wanting a Traxshock so bad for so long... I find them here on vital all the time for a incredible price but this is just my crew of bros info... they all end up not using the Traxx function of the shock, you can disable it.. So I have a amazing Racetech gold valved, valved for me and spring correct stock shock on my bike that works amazing that I will stick with. So saying all of that have you should get your stock shock worked. IMO get it revalved and spend that extra money not spent on a Trax on more awesomeness
Good deal or crap quality? Often, you get what you pay for. I'd love to go the cheaper route and get the bling from Warp 9, but I want to make sure the quality is good.

Interesting that they'd turn off the Trax function. The OEM WP shock is VERY good. My buddies at WP and pretty much everyone I talk too say the same thing. A revalve plus the bladder kit that Im adding and it's a VERY good shock.

Honestly, Im super stoked on the AER 48's already. Im gonna do the revalve and then I'll be set.

Those that have ridden the CV tho keep telling me that I dont know what Im missing with the A-kit stuff. My pace isnt good yet but it will get there. My plan is to build a nearly identical FE350 to this FC for off-road races. I'll swap the AER & revalved OEM shock over to the FE and get WP AER CV & Trax for the FC.
Bruce372
1/29/2018 8:10am
Do you have a link to the wp bladder kit or is it aftermarket? Didn't know they made a convo
1/29/2018 8:56am
Bruce372 wrote:
Do you have a link to the wp bladder kit or is it aftermarket? Didn't know they made a convo
Most of the aftermarket suspension companies make their own conversion kit.

WP makes their own one as well.

https://motocross.transworld.net/press-releases/wp-announces-new-bladde…

https://www.wp-group.com/us/suspension/tuning-kits-shocks/

For the OEM shock the part number is: ZF10001
Bruce372
1/29/2018 9:13am
Bruce372 wrote:
Most of the aftermarket suspension companies make their own conversion kit. WP makes their own one as well. https://motocross.transworld.net/press-releases/wp-announces-new-bladder-kits/ https://www.wp-group.com/us/suspension/tuning-kits-shocks/ For the OEM shock the part...
Most of the aftermarket suspension companies make their own conversion kit.

WP makes their own one as well.

https://motocross.transworld.net/press-releases/wp-announces-new-bladde…

https://www.wp-group.com/us/suspension/tuning-kits-shocks/

For the OEM shock the part number is: ZF10001
That's really cool wp makes one, the aftermarket parts get very mixed reviews
smv ryder
Fantasy
1425th
1/29/2018 5:18pm
How did you contact wave Racing for purchase of the rear mud flap? Just an email?He makes them with the sweet Husky H stamped on them as well. His carbon fiber front plate is sweet as heck as well.
http://www.waveracing.com/html/carbon_fiber.html

I also see you bought the twinair power flow kit, IMO just install the ‘17 TC 250 airfilter cage and a back fire resistant airfilter. Much much cheaper with the same results.I actually don’t even run the back fire resistant airfilter with mine but that’s a risk
1/29/2018 5:30pm
smv ryder wrote:
How did you contact wave Racing for purchase of the rear mud flap? Just an email?He makes them with the sweet Husky H stamped on them...
How did you contact wave Racing for purchase of the rear mud flap? Just an email?He makes them with the sweet Husky H stamped on them as well. His carbon fiber front plate is sweet as heck as well.
http://www.waveracing.com/html/carbon_fiber.html

I also see you bought the twinair power flow kit, IMO just install the ‘17 TC 250 airfilter cage and a back fire resistant airfilter. Much much cheaper with the same results.I actually don’t even run the back fire resistant airfilter with mine but that’s a risk
Yeah just email him. He's an old friend of mine. His website is "homemade" but you can trust him.

Post a reply to: 2017 Husky FC 350 - FINISHED

The Latest