2016 Yamaha YZ250F Project

Walker184
Edited Date/Time 12/31/2017 7:12am
I just bought a 2016 YZ250F the bike is not new but it is new to me. It has been a few years since I have had a dirt bike and actually my last dirt bike was a mid 2000 model CRF. I have strayed from dirt bikes to get into street bikes and although I loved my GSXR I am more than excited to get back to playing in the dirt.

The YZF is mostly stock except for the different plastics and graphics and the Fusion Bars. The bike also came with a D’cor seat cover and a Works Connection holeshot device. The bike also came with a larger rear sprocket and mismatched engine plugs along with break away levers. Other than that the bike is all stock.

I have big plans for this Yamaha and hopefully in the next month she will be fully built the way I want. I plan on making this bike have a wild look to it I want it to be visually and literally loud. My plans for this bike so far are to strip the bike down and add all the bells and whistles that my wallet will allow. I am still designing the graphics kit but I have decided to go with a white base and below are the main components I have ordered.

* Cycra Powerflow all white plastic kit
* Hinson Clutch Cover
* Fat Bars I have not decided yet on what brand I am leaning towards Mika
* Mika bar mounts
* Matching engine plug kit (blue)
*Mika front sprocket
*Mika rear sprocket
* MotoCal graphics
* Moto seat cover
* Coated hubs
* ODI Troy Lee Design grips and donuts
* FMF blue titanium full exhaust system
* ODI bar pad
* Moto Tape for the frame
* DID gold chain
* CMT Carbon fiber radiator braces
* CMT Carbon fiber engine mounts
* Coated break calipers
* Blue break reservoir cap
* Blue radiator hoses
* Red overflow hoses
* Blue axle blocks

The bike has a long way to go but hopefully in the next month or so the YZF will be one of a kind and will hopefully be turning some heads.
|
DTR830
Fantasy
1057th
12/27/2017 7:31pm
if you want to save money on those parts let me know I can save you money 570-606-7687. I can drop ship them from rocky mountain
Jmicmoto13
12/28/2017 5:29am
DTR830 wrote:
if you want to save money on those parts let me know I can save you money 570-606-7687. I can drop ship them from rocky mountain
How would you go about doing that? Are you a third party contractor?
dylanv21
12/28/2017 9:29am
I can save you some money to, as i work at a shop in central Ca. Shipping usually isn’t that bad to anywhere.

The Shop

PTshox
12/28/2017 11:54pm
I can save you a ton as well. DON"T BUY those parts. Put money into the suspension first then the motor... the list of parts you put up won't help performance. )
Walker184
12/29/2017 7:55pm
PTshox wrote:
I can save you a ton as well. DON"T BUY those parts. Put money into the suspension first then the motor... the list of parts you...
I can save you a ton as well. DON"T BUY those parts. Put money into the suspension first then the motor... the list of parts you put up won't help performance. )
Thank you for the advice I for sure want to change the aesthetics of the bike for my own personal preference. What would be your best recommendations for my engine so that I may get the best performance for a reasonable price? Also do you have any suggestions on a specific place to have my suspension sent off? The suspension currently is set for the previous owner who is a little larger than I am.
Walker184
12/29/2017 7:58pm
DTR830 wrote:
Thank you I will for sure be in contact with you I am buying parts as I go because I cannot afford everything at once its a slow process but hopefully it will be worth it all. How would the drop ship scenario you are talking about work?
lumpy790
12/31/2017 7:11am
We can do the 2 different colored Radiator and overflow / Gas cap hoses you mentioned. Just put the different color in the notes section or pop us an email after placing the order.

We can do it on both the std style or Y Hose set up too.

Post a reply to: 2016 Yamaha YZ250F Project

The Latest