2015 CRF250R refresh

Related:
Create New Tag

6/2/2018 11:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/2/2018 11:19 AM

Hey guys I’ve been on the website for a little while checking out all the amazing builds. This won’t be a super high budget build. Just a nice clean up and replace what needs to be. All the bearings are roached. The head gasket is leaking oil so the top end will come off for atleast new gaskets and a clean up and good inspection and possibly some new parts. The swingarm bolt was seized up I had to pound it out with a sledge hammer and use a torch to apply some heat. I mangled the bolt. I’m probably going to need a new swingarm (please chime in with opinions and options). The bike came with an oversized tank which we will probably swap back to stock. It has a full fmf dual system. Kite hubs and excel wheels(beat all to shit) and factory connection has been through the suspension at one point. This bike was definitely beat on in the woods but I hope to build it back up and have it nice and refreshed. I have some of the air dry bronze cerakote I may try out on this bike. I’d like to have the bake on stuff but I have no way to bake it. Now for some tear down pictures

|

Instagram @factoryfarley25

6/2/2018 11:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/2/2018 11:21 AM

|

6/2/2018 11:32 AM

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
|

6/3/2018 1:05 PM

A good once over on the frame. There is still more detail work to do before I’m satisfied with it. Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

6/3/2018 4:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/3/2018 4:21 PM

Wow..this bike is definitely in need of a refresh. How does a 2015 get in such poor shape so quickly? I’ve seen abused 25 yr old bikes in better shape..

|

6/3/2018 4:26 PM

Brad460 wrote:

Wow..this bike is definitely in need of a refresh. How does a 2015 get in such poor shape so quickly? I’ve seen abused 25 yr ...more

One could only imagine. It looks to have been ridden in extreme conditions and never cared for. It’ll be a respectable ride once I get done with it.

|

6/3/2018 4:30 PM

Brad460 wrote:

Wow..this bike is definitely in need of a refresh. How does a 2015 get in such poor shape so quickly? I’ve seen abused 25 yr ...more

FarleyMX25 wrote:

One could only imagine. It looks to have been ridden in extreme conditions and never cared for. It’ll be a respectable ride ...more

How much did you pick this bike up for?

|

6/3/2018 5:11 PM

Brad460 wrote:

How much did you pick this bike up for?

3k which is probably to much but at the time these bikes were few and far between in my area and this one was close to home which was nice because my work schedule was insane at the time

|

6/5/2018 7:17 PM

Awesome. I love these 4 stroke builds. I almost like them more then the 2 stroke builds but thats only because there are so many of them, that when someone does a 4 stroke its a breath of fresh air

|

6/8/2018 10:34 AM

Was able to find a brand new OEM swingarm and tank on eBay Photo

|

6/10/2018 3:11 PM

Finished cleaning the frame and triple clamps and put on the new swingarm

Photo
Photo
Photo

|

6/10/2018 7:04 PM

Looking good

|

6/10/2018 8:56 PM

Love how your bringing it back to life good stuff matw

|

7/20/2018 2:12 PM

Haven’t had a lot of time to work on the bike but I finished up cleaning on the linkage and prepped it for new bearings. Hopefully I’ll have a roller by the end of Sunday.

Photo

|

8/12/2018 2:04 PM

Back to a roller Photo
Photo

|

8/13/2018 3:45 PM

This is a great build could i ask what did you use to clean the frame up?

|

8/13/2018 6:26 PM

bbtr_736 wrote:

This is a great build could i ask what did you use to clean the frame up?

I used eagle one mag wheel cleaner and a red scotch brite pad. You have to follow the directions on the bottle. Longer soak times than what’s on the bottle will not give better results. Also wear rubber gloves it will irritate your skin.

|

8/18/2018 2:34 PM

The bike is back together with new plastic, graphics,seat cover, chain,air filter, and a lot of new hardware. There’s still some things that will get done later on but this is as far as it’s going for this build. Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|