2014 YZ125 Build

samcampbell
3/29/2018 8:36pm
Ended up getting the bike finished up last weekend. Was in a bit of a rush as the weather has been getting nicer and I have been itching to get out and ride. Took her out for her maiden voyage today at a sand track in the hills and it is safe to say it was quite possibly the most fun I have had on two wheels. The bike ran flawlessly and performed much better than I had anticipated. The bike was really pretty quick for being a 125, it is insanely light, and handles like a dream. The track we rode today is an unmaintained track that is a really deep sand track, tons of whoops and chop, and is all natural terrain. The suspension soaked up everything I threw at it. The kit forks were excellent, but the shock was what I was most impressed with. It was insanely predictable and just felt great all day. All in all, extremely pleased with how the bike turned out as it is a blast to ride.

Was hoping to have the bike completely done before I rode it, but riding season came a bit sooner than I had expected. Have a few things that still need to be taken care of:

-Pro Circuit Works Pipe
-Lacing up some Excel A60's to a stock set of hubs
-New Dunlop MX3S tires front and rear
-Graphics
-A couple other odds and ends...

Anyway, here's a couple pictures from today's ride of the bike put back together. Hoping to have the bike totally done here shortly and get some good pictures taken of it soon.

Lastly, a picture of today's conditions because they were awesome.

cclay47
3/30/2018 9:15am
Ended up getting the bike finished up last weekend. Was in a bit of a rush as the weather has been getting nicer and I have...
Ended up getting the bike finished up last weekend. Was in a bit of a rush as the weather has been getting nicer and I have been itching to get out and ride. Took her out for her maiden voyage today at a sand track in the hills and it is safe to say it was quite possibly the most fun I have had on two wheels. The bike ran flawlessly and performed much better than I had anticipated. The bike was really pretty quick for being a 125, it is insanely light, and handles like a dream. The track we rode today is an unmaintained track that is a really deep sand track, tons of whoops and chop, and is all natural terrain. The suspension soaked up everything I threw at it. The kit forks were excellent, but the shock was what I was most impressed with. It was insanely predictable and just felt great all day. All in all, extremely pleased with how the bike turned out as it is a blast to ride.

Was hoping to have the bike completely done before I rode it, but riding season came a bit sooner than I had expected. Have a few things that still need to be taken care of:

-Pro Circuit Works Pipe
-Lacing up some Excel A60's to a stock set of hubs
-New Dunlop MX3S tires front and rear
-Graphics
-A couple other odds and ends...

Anyway, here's a couple pictures from today's ride of the bike put back together. Hoping to have the bike totally done here shortly and get some good pictures taken of it soon.

Lastly, a picture of today's conditions because they were awesome.

I love that stock look with the hard parts such as kit suspension, PC clamps and carbon shorty.

The Shop

Post a reply to: 2014 YZ125 Build

The Latest