2014 KTM 250 SX

Related:
Create New Tag

9/6/2017 2:35 PM

About two months ago I broke my ankle and decided to go ahead and tear down my 2014 250 sx and freshen it up.

X Games was rolling around and TB653 blacked out Kawi caught my eye and looked pretty sick, thats where i went with the build.

Powdercoated the frame, subrame, swingarm and rims a low gloss black to match triple clamps. I did a flake metallic orange on the hubs, motor mount and pegs.

*Note for powdercoating motorcycle; go ahead and mask off all the areas you dont want powdered ( threads on frame, inside hubs, inside neck on frame, swingarm openings. This will save you hours with a dremel)

As far as additional add ons, I had the FMF exhaust prior to build, just cleaned the header up the best I could with SOS pads (If anyone knows anything that works better let me know).

I did add Vforce4 reeds. It give the bike a lot more grunt in the bottom end and a little stronger in the power

I also added Sunstar sprocket, went up 1 tooth to 49

I did a top end on the bike prior to doing this ( my first one) think it gave me the confidence to do a full break down. Well I enjoyed the process and in my opinion, anyone can do something like this...Just take a shit ton of pictures. All said and done i spent 840.00 to get everything powdercoated locally in Houston, TX (Powdercoatitnow). I also spent around 500-600 on misc items.

coverPhoto

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo