2012 ktm 150xc hot rods transmission bearing kit

Ryan_Cozad
I recently bought a wrench rabbit rebuild kit for my bike and it's giving me hell. I've had the case's together and back apart about half a dozen times. My transmission isn't lining up right. It all feels good until I tighten everything down then the transmission gets tight on the main shaft and loose on the countershaft. I'm starting to think the bearings are the wrong thickness. Can anyone shed some light on my issue. This is the first time I've torn case's completely down
|
make1go
7/23/2018 9:48am
your last line is your issue.

something aint right.
you did it and its near impossible to say 100% on line.

it could be any number of things.

my tip?: worked harder, learn more.
Ryan_Cozad
7/23/2018 2:25pm
make1go wrote:
your last line is your issue. something aint right. you did it and its near impossible to say 100% on line. it could be any number...
your last line is your issue.

something aint right.
you did it and its near impossible to say 100% on line.

it could be any number of things.

my tip?: worked harder, learn more.
Lol. I don't think that's the problem. Thanks tho. If it were the first time I had it back together I might have agreed with you but over 5 times the same thing. I don't think it's operator error. I know for a fact the shift drum bearing is fatter than the one I took out and I'm thinking the counter shaft one is Skinner. The stock bearing number is 6300. The one I got from hot rods is 16300? The stock one is if say about 3/16 of a inch fatter
pete24
7/26/2018 7:33pm
if you put a bearing in thats different than the one you took out, then why are you here asking questions
Ryan_Cozad
7/26/2018 9:53pm
pete24 wrote:
if you put a bearing in thats different than the one you took out, then why are you here asking questions
wondering if anyone else has had any type of similar issue. if u dont have a legit answer y post?

The Shop

7/27/2018 10:11am
Stop. Get a service manual. Triple check that the bearing kit is correct. Think of it as a lego set, lay it out and make sure washes, shift forks, and the shift forks are in the shift drum correctly. If you disassembled the transmission you must have put a washer in wrong for it to lock up, or there is something else. KTM engines can be tricky, as Ive built many. Or the time you waste trying to figure it out, you could take it to a local dealer or shop and pay an hour for them to insure everything is correct and put cases together for you since this is your first time, and you can reassemble the rest if you feel confident.
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3719th
7/27/2018 12:00pm
OEM only way to go.
Ryan_Cozad
7/27/2018 5:07pm
Thanks for the replying guys I ordered all oem bearings and new shims I'm going to give it another try when they come in when I took it apart all but 2 steel plates in the clutch were shattered so o just took the cases all the way down i dud however zip-ty the tranny together so nothing came off the shafts besides the bearings I didn't compare the new ones to the old one's b4 instilling rithem bc I figured they were right I had to dig them out if the trash and I wasn't positive I had the right ones from the garbage can after ordering them last night I'm pretty sure I did I'll post updates when I can if they were the wrong bearings I'll for sure be letting the people from wrench rabbit know

Post a reply to: 2012 ktm 150xc hot rods transmission bearing kit

The Latest