2011 YZ125 Build *Finished as of now

Edited Date/Time 3/27/2018 8:54pm
Hey whats going on Vital, been a member for a while but this is the first time posting a bike build. Ive been hearing a lot about MX Sports doing a 125 Dream race series on the east coast (Southwick, Budds, and High Point) and had been tossing around the idea of getting another 125 after getting off a 450 so this was the perfect excuse. Ended up finding this bike from the second owner out in the middle of PA. The thing was mint, all original even still had the nipples on the original Dunlops. I did not get any pics of the bike when I bought it (I think we all know what a YZ125 looks like haha). Since I picked it up I did the following-
Pro Circuit Works Pipe
EBC Front Brake Rotor
Bills Shorty (Stinger)
V Force Reeds
Dunlop MX3S Tires
Tag Metals bars
139 Designs Graphics
OEM Top End and a port and polish job

I have a set of ENZO A Kit forks and a Two Piece Kit Shock for it which should be going on soon as soon as I get all the parts to make them work (Shock needs a different spring collar to work, and the forks are off a 450 so I need clamps, a front wheel and axle to make it work)

Progress should be fairly slow on this build as I've got other priorities other than the bike, but I will try and keep everyone updated on how its coming along

*Ive since ridden the bike with all the mods so far and am very pleased. Very fast in the midrange and hits hard on the top. A little tweaking with the gearing and jetting and this thing will be perfect

Heres the bike so far-

|
TJMX947
2/19/2018 7:09am
That silencer is straight up old school. You need a custom painted helmet with a checkered flag to complete the look for sure! I love it!
2/19/2018 3:11pm
TJMX947 wrote:
That silencer is straight up old school. You need a custom painted helmet with a checkered flag to complete the look for sure! I love it!
Thanks boss! Ya that silencer was an eBay deal. 35 bucks couldn't pass it up going for the old school look

The Shop

2/19/2018 3:16pm
Heres a couple pics from the other day breaking the bike in at one of my local spots-

Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2058th
2/19/2018 3:24pm
Whoever is doing your photos is doing a fantastic job.
TJMX947
2/20/2018 6:14am
Agreed.

Also I dig that people have places they can just go shred like this. Nothing like catching sand after a good rain. If you could get a place like this worked in with bumps and a few good turns you would be golden.
2/20/2018 7:46pm
Yea thats my buddy Cole Beach, he shot a few nationals last year to get his feet wet for future gigs. Kids got talent for sure
2/20/2018 7:49pm
TJMX947 wrote:
Agreed. Also I dig that people have places they can just go shred like this. Nothing like catching sand after a good rain. If you could...
Agreed.

Also I dig that people have places they can just go shred like this. Nothing like catching sand after a good rain. If you could get a place like this worked in with bumps and a few good turns you would be golden.
That place is honestly really cool in the sense that it can pour 3 inches in a night and not only is that sand perfect, but any bumps or anything get washed away and you have a fresh canvas for a new layout. Its to the point now though that we have a decent loop in there that's getting pretty cut in, I think I hit that spot 3 times last week haha. When the weather breaks up here and its nice out we try and ride as much as possible
3/6/2018 4:46pm

Finally got some time in the shop to work on this thing! Should be coming together in the next few weeks just waiting for some bits and pieces to arrive.
samcampbell
3/7/2018 10:26am
Pictures look awesome and I am definitely a fan of the old school silencer. Excited to see this thing come back together with the kit suspension!
3/7/2018 1:11pm
Pictures look awesome and I am definitely a fan of the old school silencer. Excited to see this thing come back together with the kit suspension!
Thanks man, and me too I'm getting anxious waiting on all the parts haha
crc245
3/11/2018 5:27pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/03/07/248023/s1200_IMG_4940.jpg[/img]

Curious where you found/purchased these puppies! Much prefer the old-school stinger style to the new 'safety' end caps...Congrats on a clean YZinger Cool
3/12/2018 9:27am
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/03/07/248023/s1200_IMG_4940.jpg[/img]

crc245 wrote:
Curious where you found/purchased these puppies! Much prefer the old-school stinger style to the new 'safety' end caps...Congrats on a clean YZinger Cool
I actually got these from Brett at ICW Radiators he had these two lying around. But they actually pop up on eBay quiet often you just have to take the time to look around for them
TJMX947
3/12/2018 10:35am
I actually got these from Brett at ICW Radiators he had these two lying around. But they actually pop up on eBay quiet often you just...
I actually got these from Brett at ICW Radiators he had these two lying around. But they actually pop up on eBay quiet often you just have to take the time to look around for them
Brett is in the know for anything cool that has to do with Yamaha two strokes.
crc245
3/13/2018 9:12am
Good to know, Thanks Aboccarossa313. If you hear of any available through the non-eBay channels please PM me! Have one now but need another for a second YZinger build...
3/13/2018 12:32pm
crc245 wrote:
Good to know, Thanks Aboccarossa313. If you hear of any available through the non-eBay channels please PM me! Have one now but need another for a...
Good to know, Thanks Aboccarossa313. If you hear of any available through the non-eBay channels please PM me! Have one now but need another for a second YZinger build...
Hey man I've actually got an extra one I'd part ways with if you're into it. Shoot me a text 2039571202 I'll send you some pics of it.
3/14/2018 1:48pm

Got the front end mocked up this afternoon. Just waiting on UPS for the front wheel/ axle combo then ill be able to mount up that and my skid plate. Stay tuned!
3/25/2018 3:22pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2018 3:24pm
Got the suspension back from getting freshened up and set for my weight and mounted it up for the final time. Also got my rads braces by ICW, a Hinson cover, and mounted my WC skid plate as well. Things are starting to come together pretty well. I should have the A60's laced up to my hubs by Tuesday night and hopefully I'll have a first ride report for Wednesday. Stay tuned!

90srider
3/25/2018 6:17pm
love your bike..
Please keep the MotoXXX Graphics..!
if yall have not watched 1-6 I suggest..
i'll stay tuned.
3/27/2018 8:14pm
Finally got the bike all together tonight. I still have a few bits and pieces to add here and there, but as of now it is finished and ready to ride. Im taking it to a friends house tomorrow to break it in so I should have a ride report tomorrow night. Snagged a few pics of the bike in the shop for now-

I

Post a reply to: 2011 YZ125 Build *Finished as of now

The Latest