2007 rm 250 build Nz new parts added

10/22/2017 1:47am Edited Date/Time 11/2/2020 12:07am
Just picked up this 07 rm 250 been wanting to do a build for ages so nows my chance I want to try have it done by the end of the year depending on how things go I haven't got a massive budget but luckily the bike had a few trick bits on it like x trig clamps pc front pipe but prity dented up factory Suzuki tail pipe carbon/titanium witch is a awesome looking pipe the bike also came with a brand new set of black rims and gold hubs talon my plan is to get it all stripped down frame painted black go over every thing and clean parts I want to get the inner clutch cover and calapers anodised a bronze colour depending on money again I'm thinking of getting some graphics like the 04 factory Suzuki team . If you guys have any ideas feel free to post them up also on the look out for a factory Suzuki clutch purch I live in New Zealand so it's abit harder to try find parts

here

d

|
RussB
Fantasy
866th
10/23/2017 1:14am
Nice!

That silencer is so damn cool. I would do anything to get my hands on one!
10/24/2017 10:29am
Got the inner clutch cover and calapers cleaned up ready to get cerecote got a few of the casting marks off the top of the calapers and cut the mounting brackets off the hanger so no more ugly plastic guards
Nice gold hubs black rims

10/25/2017 7:50am
You got some nice parts already Woohoo This will be great mate.
Subbed
10/28/2017 6:47pm
I feel like this is The worst part of the build waiting for parts to start coming back the frames still at the painters hopefully get it back this week the inner clutch cover and calapers are on there way to Australia to get cerekote done so that mite be a couple of weeks till I see them. Iv found no major problems just lots of odd bolts and the odd seal and gasket that needs replacing. I'm also going to need a new air box so if anyone has one they want to sell let me know. I'll hopefully get some photos of the frame later this week

The Shop

10/29/2017 7:37am
Just picked up this 07 rm 250 been wanting to do a build for ages so nows my chance I want to try have it done...
Just picked up this 07 rm 250 been wanting to do a build for ages so nows my chance I want to try have it done by the end of the year depending on how things go I haven't got a massive budget but luckily the bike had a few trick bits on it like x trig clamps pc front pipe but prity dented up factory Suzuki tail pipe carbon/titanium witch is a awesome looking pipe the bike also came with a brand new set of black rims and gold hubs talon my plan is to get it all stripped down frame painted black go over every thing and clean parts I want to get the inner clutch cover and calapers anodised a bronze colour depending on money again I'm thinking of getting some graphics like the 04 factory Suzuki team . If you guys have any ideas feel free to post them up also on the look out for a factory Suzuki clutch purch I live in New Zealand so it's abit harder to try find parts

here

d

500 dollar for the silencer!
10/29/2017 7:47am
i have factory Suzuk waterpump protection and skid plate for these model works bike.
they are in for sale section on the forum.
in a couple of weeks I have a copy of the alloy waterpump protection.

also have a factory pro circuit pipe for these , stamped with src ( Suzuki racing team) these were not for sale to public!

10/29/2017 10:40am
i have factory Suzuk waterpump protection and skid plate for these model works bike. they are in for sale section on the forum. in a couple...
i have factory Suzuk waterpump protection and skid plate for these model works bike.
they are in for sale section on the forum.
in a couple of weeks I have a copy of the alloy waterpump protection.

also have a factory pro circuit pipe for these , stamped with src ( Suzuki racing team) these were not for sale to public!

Can you send a photo to my email haydenw123@hotmail.com thanks
11/2/2017 9:28pm
Man these look good with tyres on not sure on what sprocket to use gold talon or black renthal?

11/4/2017 1:08am
Got the rest of the front end on tonight it's all starting to come together i used this stuff called al18 for cleaning the aluminium it worked really well on the radiators and any other bits of alloy that are to clean I'm hoping to get my cerekote parts next week so I can get the engine in

RussB
Fantasy
866th
11/5/2017 8:39am
Finally got my frame back today [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/11/03/223308/s1200_IMG_2108.jpg[/img]
Finally got my frame back today

Those look like RMZ clamps.
Are you using an RM stem?
How have you gone about sorting out the bump stops?

I'm looking at putting a set of Nekken Clamps from an RMZ on my RM so any info would be great!
11/5/2017 9:53am
Finally got my frame back today [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/11/03/223308/s1200_IMG_2108.jpg[/img]
Finally got my frame back today

RussB wrote:
Those look like RMZ clamps. Are you using an RM stem? How have you gone about sorting out the bump stops? I'm looking at putting a...
Those look like RMZ clamps.
Are you using an RM stem?
How have you gone about sorting out the bump stops?

I'm looking at putting a set of Nekken Clamps from an RMZ on my RM so any info would be great!
Yes they are rmz clamps we had a spacer made for the top of the stem the rmz stem must be slightly longer but it seems to work fine as for the bump stops these clamps don't have the stop on the top of the clamp since they are off a rmz so I'm thinking of sticking some thin rubber to the inside of the frame where the clamps hit on the original rmz stops. hope this is will help you out

11/6/2017 12:07am
Jess foreman from all pro racing sent me these photos of my cerekote they look awesome carnt wait to get them on the bike

RussB
Fantasy
866th
11/7/2017 2:39am
Yes they are rmz clamps we had a spacer made for the top of the stem the rmz stem must be slightly longer but it seems...
Yes they are rmz clamps we had a spacer made for the top of the stem the rmz stem must be slightly longer but it seems to work fine as for the bump stops these clamps don't have the stop on the top of the clamp since they are off a rmz so I'm thinking of sticking some thin rubber to the inside of the frame where the clamps hit on the original rmz stops. hope this is will help you out

Thanks for the info!

That's interesting with the spacer. So you no longer use the original headstock bearing lock/C-spanner ring? I assume you therefore use the top clamp nut to get the steering tension then tighten the pinch bolt in the center of the top clamp to retain it, similar to KTM's.

The Neken clamps I hope to use don't have this pinch bolt so I will have to look at making a spacer and using the headstock bearing locking ring as well to keep it secure.
11/15/2017 10:45pm
Bit more progress today got the bike rolling cerekote showed up waiting on new seal kits for the calapers and a longer mounting bracket for front calaper I wanted to get the forks and shock coated but iv already Blown the budget well and truly so that will have to wait
The worn clutch cover annoys me ?

Codey15
11/15/2017 11:20pm
I’m from New Zealand too! And doing a CR125 build. Interested to see how this goes ! Follow my build if you want, 2002 cr 125 build (hopefully) is the total of it
RussB
Fantasy
866th
11/15/2017 11:53pm
Looking good!

I've got a Boyesen Ignition cover. Used to be in the same finish as yours but started to get worn and tatty so I decided to blast it. Used a fine media, took quite a while to do but produced a nice finish. I then polished the lettering to finish it off.
Just an option to consider if your clutch cover starts to get too bad to bare!

11/26/2017 12:06am
It's been slow going the last few weeks waiting on gaskets and seals to show up just got the subframe and rear mud guard sitting on there as I need to take it all off to put a new throttle cable on. Iv been having trouble finding a gasket for the boysen clutch cover as the standard covers have a o ring. I'm still on the lookout for a factory Suzuki clutch purch if anyone has one they want to sell let me know

xr70
11/26/2017 5:47pm Edited Date/Time 11/26/2017 5:56pm
Easy fix for the bump stop ! Drill a hole in your bottom clamp and install bolt with spacers and use the original bump stop on the frame. Never mind the horizontal holes in those studs, that was to adjust the travel. Not done by me by the way .
See picture.

DPR250R
11/26/2017 8:05pm
Very nice!
12/10/2017 11:09pm
A few small updates I got the bracket for the front calaper so got that all mounted up and bled I also managed to get my hands a factory expansion chamber ex corona Suzuki part it must be for a older model so it's going to need abit of work for it to fit properly some length cut off the front where it goes into the motor

12/20/2017 12:05am
I'm hoping to get the final few parts to finish it off this week black back mudguard number plates and fork guards also sorted out the graphics I'm hoping they will show up tomorrow so will post photos when they are on just need to sort a seat cover this is how it sits for now

12/23/2017 5:55pm
He she is pretty much finished just waiting on a seat cover these builds are so much fun I didn't release how much work it would be but would definitely do another one at some stage. Hope you guys like it

samcampbell
12/23/2017 6:21pm
This thing turned out awesome! Good work!
ledger
12/23/2017 7:06pm
This thing turned out awesome! Good work!
Totally agree with sam, the Suzuki S is bold and mean looking. You should be very pleased.
12/24/2017 1:50am
Thanks guys I'm stoked with how it turned out
BenG
12/24/2017 2:24am
Those graphics look killer. Very nice bike.
3/12/2018 12:41am
I finally got the seat cover fitted it just tops it off. I'm hoping to get my hands on some more parts from corona Suzuki bikes in the coming weeks

Post a reply to: 2007 rm 250 build Nz new parts added

The Latest