2007 cr250

Related:
Create New Tag

1/20/2019 4:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/21/2019 8:16 AM

Been after one on and off for the last few years now, but managed to finally pick one up yesterday... sort of feel like i found a bit of special bike after the junk i've been looking at lately ..

Although it's not immaculate, the bones of the bike are perfect, it's done a genuine 6.8hrs from new.

I bought it off the original owner, he was in forces stationed in the states for 6yrs back in the day and bought the bike new from Lejeune Honda in Jacksonville in 2007, then ordered a load of bits from motosport and sent the lot back to the UK with the bike still in it's crate to await his return,
so he gets back, fits a set of c5 asv levers on it, puts 6.8hrs on the bike and then it's pretty much just been forgotten... it sat in his spare room of his second house for the last 11 years..

He obviously had a few quid as i don't think he was too bothered about the bike when he used it as it looked like it still had dirt on it from his last ride, then 10 years of dust on top of that andflat tyres etc,

So anyway, the bad bits are,
Dented rad and torn right grip, apparently it got knocked off the stand, this also put a few little dents in the oem pipe,
Most the bolts on the bike were loose, including the rear spokes, but that sort of made me trust the hours even more as you can tell nothings ever had a spanner or socket on it.
All the oem plastics are scuffed up as they've just been tossed around and had stuff put on them in a garage for the last decade,
Lastly, the forks upper tubes have loads of flaking/oxidation on one side of both the legs, it looks like the coating didn't take at the factory and it's started oxidizing underneath the kashima leaving loads of rough white bits...

On the plus side the good bits outweighed the bad for me,

It's a genuine 1 owner bike, i got the bill of sale, import documents, receipts for the aftermarket parts he bought with the bike, all in his name,also the manual etc.
Genuine 6.8hrs (Has an hour meter fitted) and you can tell no bolt had seen a spanner, no dents or stonechips on the underside of the frame rails or swingarm, it's just time warp stuff to me, i've never seen a newer looking cr in person over here, the uk weather and lack of care usually hammers them.

It also came with all the new bits he bought back in 2007 and never fitted,
Brand new in the packet full fmf exhaust, gnarly pipe with powercore 2 silencer,
Brand new in the packet Pro circuit clutch cover,
Brand new in the packet renthal front and ultralite rear sprockets,
Brand new in the packet Did erv3 x ring chain.
a set of gear including some tech 8's that'd been bought with the bike, so 6.8hrs from new, and one of those nice workshop lift stands.

Plans are to put a lot of the stuff off the 125 on to this, and just try and look after it really, see what happens smile

|

1/20/2019 4:10 PM

photos or it did not happen

|

1/21/2019 5:11 AM

Price, photos, location > description

|

1/21/2019 7:38 AM

cody41 wrote:

Price, photos, location > description

What are you talking about, i'm not trying to sell it ?

|

1/21/2019 7:50 AM

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Few pics from yesterday, not the best quality, but I had two bikes and only space to keep one, so had about 7 hours to strip the bits off the 125 and stick the rest in the loft, and then chuck the bits on to the 250 and get it stored, I need to strip the 250 fully, probably this weekend, and then strip it to the fame, clean it, grease everything, give it a good service, and then take her out for her maiden voyage.
|

1/22/2019 12:21 PM

Good find , lucky boy..

Let me know what you think when u manage to get out on her, which u prefere etc

Would like to know how much you paid (along with the other boys on here I exspect) but if you want to keep that to your self, then fair doos .. Could always pm me ?

|

1/22/2019 12:48 PM

Thanks, and i will do, i find the 125 fast so i expect it'll be a handful.

Don't mind telling you what i paid, i have no intention of selling it so it's irrelevant to me,
I paid 3550 with all the new parts and the boots, stand etc, and it cost me 70 quid in diesel to collect it, it hurt me paying that as like i say, i remember looking at them when they were 1500-2k bikes, but i had to have it when i saw it...

Anyway, i broke it down like this and it doesn't feel so bad,

Used tech 8's = 100,
New fmf exhaust system = 150,
New pro circuit clutch cover = 75
New asv c5's = 75,
New did x-ring and renthal sprockets = 75
Used 125kg workshop lift/stand = 50
Miscellaneous odds and ends, black plastics, used helmet and kit = 25
and then the bike only stands me 3k, makes me sleep easier if nothing else lol.

I can't wait to ride it, but i'm also a bit scared to ruin it, i was thinking about covering the undersides of the swingarm etc with some sort of thick clear vinyl to avoid stone chips etc, but it's ready to go, i chucked all the bits off the 125 on it so it's a decent spec,

Xtrig rocs with phds mounts and coated 48mm kyb aos,
Carbon mudguard and tank cover,
Pro taper fat bars,
Carbon talons with excel rims, renthal twinring sprocket and did er2 chain,
Fmf gnarly and powercore 2 silencer.
Asv levers,
Raptor titanium footpegs.

|

1/22/2019 1:03 PM

Sounds like a very good deal mate, takes along time to find a gem like that, so don't feel bad about putting your hand in your pocket for it .with out being biased I'm pretty sure you could sale it tomorrow for a profit if you wanted to ..

Why not ride your 125 as your main bike,and ride the 250 a couple of times a year , that way it's not getting bashed up and it keeps everything moving on the bike, I spose depends as to which bike you prefere to ride

|

1/22/2019 1:19 PM

That's what i'd like to do, but the issue is space, i just don't have the room to keep both bikes complete at the moment, but yeah, something got to happen.

Much appreciated on the kind words, i sort of knew it was too good to pass up on however much it was, i just didn't really think much about me putting wear on it before buying it,
this isn't really the sort of bike i was looking for, as of last week my budget was around 2-2.5k for a 'clean' 05-07, but it's done now, atleast i can stop staying up late searching for a bike, i'd been seriously looking since mid December and this is the first one i saw that wasn't a dog imo.

First world problems aye lol

|

1/22/2019 1:39 PM

Lol, know what u mean, it becomes an obsession looking for the rite bike, blimey u done well to find "the one" in a couple of months, it took me over a year to find mine, and it was shitpit of a bike, ploughed a lot of doh into it now, which not exspecting to get my money back, but who gives a shit , if it's something u can look at and admire , then it's money well spent..

Had a quick look at your 125 thread, sweet bike, u must be feeling pretty content with both bikes

|

1/22/2019 3:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/22/2019 3:03 PM

Lucky!!! That’s a great find. I’ve been looking for months. I really want a 07 but they are hard to find or wayyyyy over priced!

|

1/22/2019 3:22 PM

Sc2 wrote:

Lol, know what u mean, it becomes an obsession looking for the rite bike, blimey u done well to find "the one" in a couple of months, it took me over a year to find mine, and it was shitpit of a bike, ploughed a lot of doh into it now, which not exspecting to get my money back, but who gives a shit , if it's something u can look at and admire , then it's money well spent..

Had a quick look at your 125 thread, sweet bike, u must be feeling pretty content with both bikes

Thanks mate, yeah i'm a happy chappy right now, i could never sell the 125 as i've ploughed too much into that, that was an absolute POS when i picked it up, i paid 900 quid for that and definitely overpaid, that thing probably owes me more than this lol.

An i fully agree, if it makes you happy do it, we're here for a good time, not a long time..

|

1/22/2019 3:24 PM

Wolfey wrote:

Lucky!!! That’s a great find. I’ve been looking for months. I really want a 07 but they are hard to find or wayyyyy over priced!

Thanks man, i know exactly what you're going through, trust me lol.

|

1/23/2019 6:35 PM

Nice find ! It appears to be in very good shape..

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

1/23/2019 11:27 PM

Thanks bud, if the forks didn't have all the oxidation and the rads weren't bent it'd be perfect, but atleast i can swap them out if it bugs me, the rest is as new.

|

1/24/2019 5:40 AM

Great !!

Better then that turd in Holland!!

A sexy cone pipe from Piet would finish it.



|

1/24/2019 8:33 AM

r18b wrote:

Great !!

Better then that turd in Holland!!

A sexy cone pipe from Piet would finish it.



Thanks mate, i got lucky in the end lol.

Would like a few bits for it but i got to be sensible for a while now, no more impulse buying for a few months..

|

1/25/2019 10:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/25/2019 12:13 PM

Tried cleaning the oem plastics up and chucked them on, and got it in the garden for a few pics before the weekend teardown, the more I look at it the happier I am, just the little things like all the white dots from assembly on the banjos, hoses, nuts, how clean the peg pins are etc etc, such a good base.

Anyway, just a few photos for myself really, showing the condition before teardown, it's super clean , not going to take anything to make it immaculate, pretty much just clean the insides of the frame and wipe down all the hoses etc, I shouldn't really bother but I figure I may aswel grease everything up and re-torque it so what the hell.

I've never had a new bike before, and it really feels like I have a new bike, well happy. Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

1/25/2019 10:08 AM

And yes, I know about the chain... Will tighten it once it's been torn down and rebuilt.. smile

|

1/25/2019 8:36 PM

wow! that is minty minty

|

1/27/2019 10:33 AM

What camera/phone do you use? Your pictures always look great.

I remember years ago when i got my new (to me) 06 CR125 and begged my dad to build it like your old one with the flow green/black. Always been one of my favorite bikes on here.

|

1/27/2019 11:31 AM

Jealous. All it needs it’s new style fender and plate. Great find!

|

1/27/2019 1:16 PM

Rickyisms wrote:

What camera/phone do you use? Your pictures always look great.

I remember years ago when i got my new (to me) 06 CR125 and begged my dad to build it like your old one with the flow green/black. Always been one of my favorite bikes on here.

Thanks man, i appreciate the kind words.

Believe it or not, the camera is an old sony dsc-w50, think it's 6 megapixels which is probably less than most phones ha.

My mum bought it for me probably around 2007, i was fishing a lot and didn't have one so she got me this, it never stopped working so i never felt the need to change it smile

|

1/27/2019 1:19 PM

chewy4063 wrote:

Jealous. All it needs it’s new style fender and plate. Great find!

Thanks, and your wish is my command smile ( It has 17crf clamps on so it has to happen, you can see in the pics there's like an inch gap between the fender and numberboard lol)

|

1/31/2019 7:08 AM

There's nothing quite like a mint 07 CR250! Nice machine!!!

|

1/31/2019 7:38 AM

MotoRoss678 wrote:

There's nothing quite like a mint 07 CR250! Nice machine!!!

Thanks mate, much appreciated, just hope i can keep it in good nick, the weathers crap here so i've still not ridden it... Had a few little issues with where it's been sat so long, but as of yesterday it's all good to go, so now the temptation to get out on it is getting hard to fight smile

|

1/31/2019 8:02 AM

Empty Pockets wrote:

Thanks, and i will do, i find the 125 fast so i expect it'll be a handful.

Don't mind telling you what i paid, i have no intention of selling it so it's irrelevant to me,
I paid 3550 with all the new parts and the boots, stand etc, and it cost me 70 quid in diesel to collect it, it hurt me paying that as like i say, i remember looking at them when they were 1500-2k bikes, but i had to have it when i saw it...

Anyway, i broke it down like this and it doesn't feel so bad,

Used tech 8's = 100,
New fmf exhaust system = 150,
New pro circuit clutch cover = 75
New asv c5's = 75,
New did x-ring and renthal sprockets = 75
Used 125kg workshop lift/stand = 50
Miscellaneous odds and ends, black plastics, used helmet and kit = 25
and then the bike only stands me 3k, makes me sleep easier if nothing else lol.

I can't wait to ride it, but i'm also a bit scared to ruin it, i was thinking about covering the undersides of the swingarm etc with some sort of thick clear vinyl to avoid stone chips etc, but it's ready to go, i chucked all the bits off the 125 on it so it's a decent spec,

Xtrig rocs with phds mounts and coated 48mm kyb aos,
Carbon mudguard and tank cover,
Pro taper fat bars,
Carbon talons with excel rims, renthal twinring sprocket and did er2 chain,
Fmf gnarly and powercore 2 silencer.
Asv levers,
Raptor titanium footpegs.

That is a very good price you got it for There is 1 for sale on ebay from Northern Ireland with 3 hours use from new and he is wanting £6500 for it

|

1/31/2019 8:44 AM

Thanks mate, yep, i did alright for 2019, but my inner jew was still holding on to 2015 prices so it hurt...

I've seen that one, and there's also one on facebook for 6500 with pretty much zero hours on it, but i don't think they'll sell for that, maybe the zero hour one might get close but it'll take some doing i reckon.

You have to remember, most people who like these bikes are old enough to remember what they cost new, i could've walked out of honda with one in 07/08 for less than what i paid now,
there's only so many collectors out there, as essentially, that is what an 07 cr250 for 5k+ Is, a collectors item, anyone else would just buy a near new ktm or yz etc at that money.

I would never pay that sort of money personally, this was full stretch for me, i think i got lucky in the respect that if i didn't get one now, i'd probably never have owned one due to the prices..

But then contrary to that, i also think that there's so many chancers asking high prices for beat up dogs which won't sell for the 2-3k's being asked, and also so few people willing to pay 5k+ for a bike and not ride it, that it will even out and possibly drop soon.

Everything has a domino effect imo, a clean one sells for 3k, little billy with his beat up one he's never serviced or cleaned, missing bolts etc, wants his 3k too as 'it's the same bike bruv'.... Then the man with the super clean one see's little billys beat up pile of shite for 3k and thinks, 'well if that's 3k, mine is definitely worth 5k'... and pretty soon we're here lol.

I reckon the little Billys who can't afford to look after their bikes will need money more than their bikes, and after they realise they aren't getting their prices they'll come down a bit, and the old domino effect will come into play again.

There's a trader with one on ebay who was asking near 5k last month, he was down to 4.2k last time i looked, we'll have to see how it goes i guess, i wish they were a solid 3k for a clean bike price, then i wouldn't be worried about what i'm going to do to it... lol.

|

1/31/2019 10:12 AM

Empty Pockets wrote:

Thanks mate, yep, i did alright for 2019, but my inner jew was still holding on to 2015 prices so it hurt...

I've seen that one, and there's also one on facebook for 6500 with pretty much zero hours on it, but i don't think they'll sell for that, maybe the zero hour one might get close but it'll take some doing i reckon.

You have to remember, most people who like these bikes are old enough to remember what they cost new, i could've walked out of honda with one in 07/08 for less than what i paid now,
there's only so many collectors out there, as essentially, that is what an 07 cr250 for 5k+ Is, a collectors item, anyone else would just buy a near new ktm or yz etc at that money.

I would never pay that sort of money personally, this was full stretch for me, i think i got lucky in the respect that if i didn't get one now, i'd probably never have owned one due to the prices..

But then contrary to that, i also think that there's so many chancers asking high prices for beat up dogs which won't sell for the 2-3k's being asked, and also so few people willing to pay 5k+ for a bike and not ride it, that it will even out and possibly drop soon.

Everything has a domino effect imo, a clean one sells for 3k, little billy with his beat up one he's never serviced or cleaned, missing bolts etc, wants his 3k too as 'it's the same bike bruv'.... Then the man with the super clean one see's little billys beat up pile of shite for 3k and thinks, 'well if that's 3k, mine is definitely worth 5k'... and pretty soon we're here lol.

I reckon the little Billys who can't afford to look after their bikes will need money more than their bikes, and after they realise they aren't getting their prices they'll come down a bit, and the old domino effect will come into play again.

There's a trader with one on ebay who was asking near 5k last month, he was down to 4.2k last time i looked, we'll have to see how it goes i guess, i wish they were a solid 3k for a clean bike price, then i wouldn't be worried about what i'm going to do to it... lol.

The prices are getting ridiculous. £5600 for an 07 125 which isn’t brand new, with 4 days left on eBay! Photo

|

1/31/2019 10:16 AM

Updates to the bike,

Had the radiators off, straightened them out as best i could, they were both slightly twisted aswell as being bent, the right hand side being the worst by far as you can see from previous pictures, also the right hand rad louve was split in half and held together with zipties... and the left side was so brittle instead of flexing it started to snap in the middle...
The rads have straightened out ok, it's somehow ruined a lot of the core fins but they'll work fine untill i replace them, along with new louves..

Then had a nightmare getting it to rev out, and it kept flooding which in turn made me go over half the bike (twice) for in the end it turning out to be a spark plug.... had the carb out twice and fully cleaned, etc etc.... turned out to be a blessing in disguise really as the whole bike needed torquing, as i say, the bike had never seen a spanner, so had never been run in and re-torqued, subframe bolts, kickstart bolt, spark plug etc, all finger tight...

So anyway, nobody local to me had the right plug, plus the bike would fire up and sound lovely, but once it got started getting warm would cut, or if you revved it, it'd get up near the band and just die and dump a load of fuel...

Anyway, 2 days off work and no available new spark plugs for 4 days leads to idle hands checking everything else instead of waiting it out for the obvious.... so on day 2 i decide to just try the plug out of the 125, to which it fires straight up, revs out clean as a whistle, and allows it to keep running long enough to set the idle and base settings back up after the previous days faff... Anyway, lesson learned, sometimes it's better to do nothing....

So onto the mini service ,
Flushed and refilled the cooling system with engine ice,
Ordered 4 of the correct plugs (br9eg-n-8) as i can't be dealing with this again lol.
The oem filter was super clean, still oily, but had started to degrade and was falling apart, so got another twin air alloy filter cage and filter kit on it.
Drained the gearbox oil, was super clean, no colour change, no particles... so went a bit tight and strained it and re-used it, i'm going to do a ride on it, but i want to order some of the same honda oil for it, i know it's not been changed and this stuff looks new, i know it's a different kettle of fish, but i use fuchs in my 125 and it comes out black in 5 minutes, so going to buy the oem honda stuff and use that...

Which also brings me on to the hours.. I'm doubting it's even done the 6.8hrs as advertised, how clean the filter, filter box, gearbox oil etc are make me seriously doubt it... that and the fact that when i couldn't get the bike running properly and was kicking it for 5- 10 minutes, has somehow managed to knock the hour meter up to 7.6hrs.... Lol. Only had the thing running for 10 minutes in total and it's clocked up another 0.8hrs, i haven't ridden it yet lol.

|