2007 RM250 bike build

40ozhero
3/3/2019 12:57pm
As hammered as the bike was when you got it, it still came with carbon fiber engine hangars???
Hahah yes ? the bike was actually taken care of at one point and someone actually had it pretty tricked out, then it just fell into the wrong hands and was rode hard and put back wet/never cleaned ?‍♂️
4the7ove
3/3/2019 1:29pm Edited Date/Time 3/3/2019 3:55pm
40ozhero wrote:
If your wondering about any of the other parts I’m using like the brake pedal as such I’ll make a little list to clear any future...
If your wondering about any of the other parts I’m using like the brake pedal as such I’ll make a little list to clear any future questions you may have because I’ve probably had the same at one point,

The wheels are mismatched lol the front Is an 08 yz250 wheel it bolted directly up may have to shave a little bit off the stock wheel spacers I still got a little bit of measuring to do to see with the stock wheel on

The rear wheel is off an 06 KX250F it did fit perfectly with the Kawi wheel spacers that tusk gives with the wheel, although the axle diameters are not the same i read on multiple post that it was directed bolt up but it’s not to a point (Kawi axle diameter is 25mm RM250 is 22mm) so I searched for awhile to get custom bearings made but had no luck, so we ended up finding bearing sleeves on Amazon that were a 22mm INSIDE diameter and a 25mm outside diameter and 20mm long we stuck 3 inside the wheel and it fit perfectly without trimming any of them and now the wheel has no up and down play.
After reading a little more the 03-08 yz250 shares the same rear wheel axle diameter the only thing I can see without trying is that they use 2 bearings in the rear hub compared to Kawi and Suzuki use 3 ,Yamaha might use slight wider bearings is all, I have not tested a Yz250 rear wheel yet but if I get my buddy’s off and by my bike I’ll try it and update the info.
The front brake rotor is a galpher 280mm for a yz250 but you have to order the Suzuki caliper bracket separately because the Yamaha one has different mounting hole spots.

The front brake caliper is off of a 2014 CRF450 they were lighter and used hollow pistons so the pistons push a lot easier. That is a direct bolt up to the Suzuki braket.

The rear hammerhead brake pedal is for a 2015 RMZ the pedal works but you have to use the RM250 brake clevis and the RMZ brake pedal return spring.

The head is a phathead racing Billet Head with interchangeable domes, it eliminates the o ring style head like the oem head is and uses a dual layer metal gasket from cometic, my motor is a Eric Gorr 300cc SM so I’m only able to get the gaskets from him because cometic can’t seem to give me the right part number and gasket may only be used due to the fact of it being a big bore I’m not sure

Rear lower link pro circuit still stocks.

Fork caps are fox billet stage 2 clickers so you have easy adjustments like the stock 16+ KTMs

Boyesen makes the supercool oversized water pumps but only for 05-08 Rm’s

My bar mounts are Xtrig PDS mounts for suzuki (newer 450s/250fs is my guess) the will work fine as long is its a triple clamp that can use the stock bar mounts on (oem top clamp, ride engineering) they will not work on a sunline or rg3 clamps for sure because they use brand specific bar mounts as the wholes are not the same for the bushings.(found the sunline one out personally)

Footpegs are Raptor titanium Suzuki 2T specific with Yz250 titanium pivot pin (hollowed out center makes them a little lighter and less prone to get mud stuck in them)

And I know it will get asked when I post it I’m sure

My carborator and intake mods were done by Watts’s perfection out of Shelby North Carolina (Ricky Carmichael’s factory HRC mechanic)
He mods the carb, intake boot to the reeds, and mods the reed block (VForce3 reeds to be exact that’s what he wants)

I hope this helps you or anyone else who may have questions for future builds and is not 100% sure if info is correct and do not have money to waste like i did guessing off other people’s trash output on most forums...all the info up here is 100% accurate atleast for my 07 RM250

Very interesting, thanks for that. I’m wondering if Boyesen only makes the supercooler for the 250s? I’ve browsed their site and motosport etc but haven’t had any luck. Love the pegs as well.
40ozhero
3/3/2019 3:41pm
40ozhero wrote:
If your wondering about any of the other parts I’m using like the brake pedal as such I’ll make a little list to clear any future...
If your wondering about any of the other parts I’m using like the brake pedal as such I’ll make a little list to clear any future questions you may have because I’ve probably had the same at one point,

The wheels are mismatched lol the front Is an 08 yz250 wheel it bolted directly up may have to shave a little bit off the stock wheel spacers I still got a little bit of measuring to do to see with the stock wheel on

The rear wheel is off an 06 KX250F it did fit perfectly with the Kawi wheel spacers that tusk gives with the wheel, although the axle diameters are not the same i read on multiple post that it was directed bolt up but it’s not to a point (Kawi axle diameter is 25mm RM250 is 22mm) so I searched for awhile to get custom bearings made but had no luck, so we ended up finding bearing sleeves on Amazon that were a 22mm INSIDE diameter and a 25mm outside diameter and 20mm long we stuck 3 inside the wheel and it fit perfectly without trimming any of them and now the wheel has no up and down play.
After reading a little more the 03-08 yz250 shares the same rear wheel axle diameter the only thing I can see without trying is that they use 2 bearings in the rear hub compared to Kawi and Suzuki use 3 ,Yamaha might use slight wider bearings is all, I have not tested a Yz250 rear wheel yet but if I get my buddy’s off and by my bike I’ll try it and update the info.
The front brake rotor is a galpher 280mm for a yz250 but you have to order the Suzuki caliper bracket separately because the Yamaha one has different mounting hole spots.

The front brake caliper is off of a 2014 CRF450 they were lighter and used hollow pistons so the pistons push a lot easier. That is a direct bolt up to the Suzuki braket.

The rear hammerhead brake pedal is for a 2015 RMZ the pedal works but you have to use the RM250 brake clevis and the RMZ brake pedal return spring.

The head is a phathead racing Billet Head with interchangeable domes, it eliminates the o ring style head like the oem head is and uses a dual layer metal gasket from cometic, my motor is a Eric Gorr 300cc SM so I’m only able to get the gaskets from him because cometic can’t seem to give me the right part number and gasket may only be used due to the fact of it being a big bore I’m not sure

Rear lower link pro circuit still stocks.

Fork caps are fox billet stage 2 clickers so you have easy adjustments like the stock 16+ KTMs

Boyesen makes the supercool oversized water pumps but only for 05-08 Rm’s

My bar mounts are Xtrig PDS mounts for suzuki (newer 450s/250fs is my guess) the will work fine as long is its a triple clamp that can use the stock bar mounts on (oem top clamp, ride engineering) they will not work on a sunline or rg3 clamps for sure because they use brand specific bar mounts as the wholes are not the same for the bushings.(found the sunline one out personally)

Footpegs are Raptor titanium Suzuki 2T specific with Yz250 titanium pivot pin (hollowed out center makes them a little lighter and less prone to get mud stuck in them)

And I know it will get asked when I post it I’m sure

My carborator and intake mods were done by Watts’s perfection out of Shelby North Carolina (Ricky Carmichael’s factory HRC mechanic)
He mods the carb, intake boot to the reeds, and mods the reed block (VForce3 reeds to be exact that’s what he wants)

I hope this helps you or anyone else who may have questions for future builds and is not 100% sure if info is correct and do not have money to waste like i did guessing off other people’s trash output on most forums...all the info up here is 100% accurate atleast for my 07 RM250

4the7ove wrote:
Very interesting, thanks for that. I’m wondering if Boyesen only makes the supercooler for the 250s? I’ve browsed their site and motosport etc but haven’t had...
Very interesting, thanks for that. I’m wondering if Boyesen only makes the supercooler for the 250s? I’ve browsed their site and motosport etc but haven’t had any luck. Love the pegs as well.
I’m assuming it’s 250s only if you can’t find it...kind wack
40ozhero
3/14/2019 8:10pm
Haven’t posted in a minute here’s some more recent photos of the bike we are almost done waiting on my carb and

what not to come back from chad Watts

The Shop

40ozhero
3/17/2019 2:10am

So a little more info on using an 08 yz 250 front wheel when putting it on everything looked like it was going to work fine with the stock rm wheel spacers, I got the 280mm bracket from galpher and the brake rotor wasn’t lined up with the caliper so we had to trim 1mm off the the caliper side wheel spacer and 3mm off the throttle side wheel spacer In order for the rotor to line up and and sit inside the caliper correctly I hope the info helps others for future builds
40ozhero
5/15/2019 12:47pm
Finished it and started up took for a little ride down the road and the Chad watts mod carb and reeds was worth it bike runs really smooth and has 0 lag with plenty of power
Headling
5/16/2019 4:54am
Wow what a build, looks amazing!
jeffro503
5/17/2019 8:34pm
Hell yes!! RM's.....you just can't go wrong! Great built my man!

Post a reply to: 2007 RM250 bike build

The Latest