2007 RM125 Revival

Dusin791
1/30/2018 8:30pm
Couldn’t be happier the way this build is turning out. As the parts trickling in its just getting me amped to get her on some dirt.

jeffro503
1/30/2018 9:46pm
Dusin791 wrote:
Couldn’t be happier the way this build is turning out. As the parts trickling in its just getting me amped to get her on some dirt...
Couldn’t be happier the way this build is turning out. As the parts trickling in its just getting me amped to get her on some dirt.

Very nice Dustin. I got that exact same color way for my new wheels. Gold Hahn hubs and nipples with bulldog spokes and black rims.
Dusin791
1/30/2018 9:50pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Very nice Dustin. I got that exact same color way for my new wheels. Gold Hahn hubs and nipples with bulldog spokes and black rims.
Ya it’s the perfect amount of gold VS having the hoop gold i think it pops to much
jeffro503
1/31/2018 10:48am
Dusin791 wrote:
Ya it’s the perfect amount of gold VS having the hoop gold i think it pops to much
I thought the same way. I still have my wheels for my 06' RC replica , so I wanted a different looking set. Plan on swapping them back and forth through the season. Mix it up a bit.

The Shop

Dusin791
2/2/2018 6:18pm
Alright now that i got her fired up and running anyone got a 134 kit and have some tuning specs to run off of? Runs like sheet. Fires up nice and it’s got a pep in it step giving her a couple cranks on the throttle but as soon as i take it down the street it bogs then if i get it just right it will hit the power band but it’s a hit an a miss and supper sluggish.
Ozzyrules
2/10/2018 3:05pm
Ok,
I had a very similar problem with my '07 rebuild. Rebuilt carb, tried everything, right? After pulling cab apart for 5th time, we noticed something that would have never been looked at. On the throttle valve and needle assembly, there's a screw on guide. It's kinda like a nut. Look on the parts list on motosport; it's #7, I think. Mine was loose. This caused the needle to "not" drop properly and bog/ kill. Give it a shot. I hope this helps.
YamahaJT1
2/11/2018 1:51pm Edited Date/Time 2/11/2018 2:24pm
Nice!

Do you have any pics of the cases split and engine/transmission guts being rebuilt? I have been thinking about an old RM... Please post pics of the internal rebuild/shot bearings, etc. Thanks! That would be most welcomed!
Dusin791
2/13/2018 6:04pm
Ozzyrules wrote:
Ok, I had a very similar problem with my '07 rebuild. Rebuilt carb, tried everything, right? After pulling cab apart for 5th time, we noticed something...
Ok,
I had a very similar problem with my '07 rebuild. Rebuilt carb, tried everything, right? After pulling cab apart for 5th time, we noticed something that would have never been looked at. On the throttle valve and needle assembly, there's a screw on guide. It's kinda like a nut. Look on the parts list on motosport; it's #7, I think. Mine was loose. This caused the needle to "not" drop properly and bog/ kill. Give it a shot. I hope this helps.
Ya that’s what holds the needle in place an how you adjust your clip on the needle. I have pulled it multiple times adjusting the clip. But i had figured screw it and ordered a lectron carb and will be here tomorrow.
Dusin791
2/13/2018 6:05pm
YamahaJT1 wrote:
Nice! Do you have any pics of the cases split and engine/transmission guts being rebuilt? I have been thinking about an old RM... Please post pics...
Nice!

Do you have any pics of the cases split and engine/transmission guts being rebuilt? I have been thinking about an old RM... Please post pics of the internal rebuild/shot bearings, etc. Thanks! That would be most welcomed!
I did not get any pics inside the cases but it is fairly simple as long as you keep track on what’s going on. And having schematics is always a plus.
Dusin791
2/22/2018 4:20pm
So i ran the LECTRON carb and holy shit talk about a easy tune if anyone wants to upgrade their carb and have it good for a 10000 ft change in elevation or up their hp and fuel economy i highly recommended it. No jets! Took 5 min to dial her in. Look them up or hit up my guy mx revival on instagram!
croseb2
6/7/2018 4:18pm
Hey, I also have a 2007 RM125. When you installed the Lectron carb did you just leave the electric wires (think it’s for a power jet) that connected to the TMX unconnected?
Dusin791
6/8/2018 8:06am
croseb2 wrote:
Hey, I also have a 2007 RM125. When you installed the Lectron carb did you just leave the electric wires (think it’s for a power jet)...
Hey, I also have a 2007 RM125. When you installed the Lectron carb did you just leave the electric wires (think it’s for a power jet) that connected to the TMX unconnected?
Well there is nothing to connect them to so yes.
281moto
6/12/2018 7:26am
croseb2 wrote:
Hey, I also have a 2007 RM125. When you installed the Lectron carb did you just leave the electric wires (think it’s for a power jet)...
Dusin791 wrote:
Well there is nothing to connect them to so yes.
Those are so you have your ignition curve modified with throttle position as well as rpm.
4/3/2019 7:59am
Dusin791 wrote:
So i ran the LECTRON carb and holy shit talk about a easy tune if anyone wants to upgrade their carb and have it good for...
So i ran the LECTRON carb and holy shit talk about a easy tune if anyone wants to upgrade their carb and have it good for a 10000 ft change in elevation or up their hp and fuel economy i highly recommended it. No jets! Took 5 min to dial her in. Look them up or hit up my guy mx revival on instagram!
Hey Dustin, only just getting to see your stunning re-build, great job choosing Motocal to add the finishing touches to your project. We hope you enjoyed using Motocal and we're looking forward to you designing your next set of rebuild graphics on Motocal!

Post a reply to: 2007 RM125 Revival

The Latest