2007 Honda CRF 250R

Electro21
Fantasy
79th
10/12/2022 9:29pm
Glen wrote:
Nice work! the black frame looks great
Thanks man! The red RG3 clamps look amazing and I'm glad no one called me out. In the picture I installed them upside down. Long day, and I was trying to get some stuff done on the build. I was hoping to get a lot more done over the last 3 weeks, but I got sent to Pittsburgh, PA for the recent hurricanes (Corps of Engineers temporary power emergency operations center) and currently in Kansas City (my hometown) for the International Lineman's Rodeo. I'll get my daughters next weekend so hopefully 1st week of November I can I get a jump on the build. Adulting is tough!!!
Electro21
Fantasy
79th
3/29/2023 6:47pm

Slowest bike build ever.  I'm finishing up my last class for my bachelors degree, and waiting on the 280 kit to come bake from Tokyo Mods, I'm going to put the engine already built in the next build.  Sorry for the crappy pictures and messy garage, I need to weather strip the garage door.

I'm a little worried about exhaust, I bought the single can version from Rocket Exhaust when Don Lieb owned it, the current owner says there was fitment issues and they no longer make it.  I need to find one more exhaust system.

frame 2

frame 1

3/29/2023 9:31pm
Electro21 wrote:
Slowest bike build ever.  I'm finishing up my last class for my bachelors degree, and waiting on the 280 kit to come bake from Tokyo Mods...

Slowest bike build ever.  I'm finishing up my last class for my bachelors degree, and waiting on the 280 kit to come bake from Tokyo Mods, I'm going to put the engine already built in the next build.  Sorry for the crappy pictures and messy garage, I need to weather strip the garage door.

I'm a little worried about exhaust, I bought the single can version from Rocket Exhaust when Don Lieb owned it, the current owner says there was fitment issues and they no longer make it.  I need to find one more exhaust system.

frame 2

frame 1

Hang in there. Looking good!

mgpowell919
4/1/2023 11:02am

A8F46A8C-875A-49F6-AC5F-B773C11945AA

I’m excited to see you finish your Honda. I’m in the process of building a 2004 myself. Hotcams big bore kit, yoshimura exhaust, Noleen suspension. Doing a little when I get time. Good luck on your build.

The Shop

Electro21
Fantasy
79th
4/1/2023 1:51pm
 I’m excited to see you finish your Honda. I’m in the process of building a 2004 myself. Hotcams big bore kit, yoshimura exhaust, Noleen suspension. Doing...

I’m excited to see you finish your Honda. I’m in the process of building a 2004 myself. Hotcams big bore kit, yoshimura exhaust, Noleen suspension. Doing a little when I get time. Good luck on your build.

Mines taking forever. If you need help finding parts let me know. 

mgpowell919
4/1/2023 7:43pm

Thanks I will. So far just been buying OEM parts from Rocky Mountain. I’ve pretty much got everything, just need to rebuild the brake calipers and master cylinders, get new lines and get tires and new plastics. 

Rickyisms
4/2/2023 7:48am

I’d love to build one of those someday. I remember sneaking a transworld magazine to elementary school just to look at these bikes with the dual pipes when they first came out, was a huge Blake Wharton fan back then too. 

Electro21
Fantasy
79th
4/2/2023 6:15pm
Rickyisms wrote:
I’d love to build one of those someday. I remember sneaking a transworld magazine to elementary school just to look at these bikes with the dual...

I’d love to build one of those someday. I remember sneaking a transworld magazine to elementary school just to look at these bikes with the dual pipes when they first came out, was a huge Blake Wharton fan back then too. 

Growing up I had Suzuki PE's, Husky's, Cagiva's and KTM's.  My first real bike was a 2007 KTM 450 SXF I put a deposit on why deployed in Iraq.  I loved that bike and sold it around 2010.  I always loved Hondas, but never had one.  This was totally a chance buy, and then I found another roller frame of the same model, so I decided to buy two.  I almost bought one of Kyle Chisholm's bikes, wish I would have.  It would have been cheaper by far.

Man it's been a fun, but slow project.  Between work, finishing my bachelors degree and waiting on getting the engine back has taken some time.  I have one engine built, but I want I'm waiting to put the 280cc or so Tokyomods engine in this bike.  The already built engine will go in the second one I am building.  They are still trying to get one more tour out of me before I retire from the Army, so it may be delayed a little more.  I was able to get Dubach Racing to build another exhaust since Rocket can't.  It's getting harder to find the good aftermarket parts.

Electro21
Fantasy
79th
7/1/2023 7:42pm Edited Date/Time 7/1/2023 7:42pm

Made a little progress with worlds slowest bike build. I got the wheels back from Dubya today, I had them match the handlebars for the hubs. I also made the 3.5 hour each way trip to TAGMX for some more Cerakote work and to build the engine for this bike. I have the other engine built for the second bike. IMG 0919 1

Electro21
Fantasy
79th
7/13/2023 6:41pm
 I’m excited to see you finish your Honda. I’m in the process of building a 2004 myself. Hotcams big bore kit, yoshimura exhaust, Noleen suspension. Doing...

That's sweet!  What size big bore kit are you doing?  I'm building two of the 2007's, one has 265cc Cyinder Works big bore, stage 1 cam, Tom Morgan porting.  The other is a 280cc Athena, with a stage 2 cam.  I have a Rocket Exhaust with resonance chamber and the other exhaust is DRD.  Both will also have Tokyomods Vortex CDI's and carb mods.

mgpowell919
7/13/2023 7:08pm

Electro21 wrote:
That's sweet!  What size big bore kit are you doing?  I'm building two of the 2007's, one has 265cc Cyinder Works big bore, stage 1 cam...

That's sweet!  What size big bore kit are you doing?  I'm building two of the 2007's, one has 265cc Cyinder Works big bore, stage 1 cam, Tom Morgan porting.  The other is a 280cc Athena, with a stage 2 cam.  I have a Rocket Exhaust with resonance chamber and the other exhaust is DRD.  Both will also have Tokyomods Vortex CDI's and carb mods.

It’s the 265 kit. I’ve been slacking on the build. I have the motor in and the suspension/swing arm installed. I need to order brake rebuild kits and get busy. 

Electro21
Fantasy
79th
7/13/2023 7:18pm

Electro21 wrote:
That's sweet!  What size big bore kit are you doing?  I'm building two of the 2007's, one has 265cc Cyinder Works big bore, stage 1 cam...

It’s the 265 kit. I’ve been slacking on the build. I have the motor in and the suspension/swing arm installed. I need to order brake rebuild...

It’s the 265 kit. I’ve been slacking on the build. I have the motor in and the suspension/swing arm installed. I need to order brake rebuild kits and get busy. 

I've been slacking too, look when I started this thread!!!  I have my 265cc engine built.  I took the 280cc to TAGMX to have them build it and do a lot of Cerakoting.  It was fun to build the first engine and learn, but I was ready to pay someone to make sure they do it right.  I should have some major progress in August.  I'll never be able to sell these things for what I put into them, but I really think they will be great bikes and more than enough for me.  It's been a fun build for me to keep me busy on the weekends.

I rebuilt the master cylinders and calipers for mine last week, had Dubya rebuild the wheels as well and installed the tires.  I'm exited to see your build as well.  It takes time for us average Joe's to build bikes.

-Jamie

Electro21
Fantasy
79th
7/13/2023 7:22pm

Electro21 wrote:

It’s the 265 kit. I’ve been slacking on the build. I have the motor in and the suspension/swing arm installed. I need to order brake rebuild...

Post some updated pictures of your build!  Interested to see!

-Jamie

Electro21
Fantasy
79th
7/13/2023 8:04pm

Electro21 wrote:

I'm working on adding the HSPD I need a guy in the bizarre on here to reply!!!

Jamie

mgpowell919
7/14/2023 8:18pm
Electro21 wrote:

Electro21 wrote:
I've been slacking too, look when I started this thread!!!  I have my 265cc engine built.  I took the 280cc to TAGMX to have them build...

I've been slacking too, look when I started this thread!!!  I have my 265cc engine built.  I took the 280cc to TAGMX to have them build it and do a lot of Cerakoting.  It was fun to build the first engine and learn, but I was ready to pay someone to make sure they do it right.  I should have some major progress in August.  I'll never be able to sell these things for what I put into them, but I really think they will be great bikes and more than enough for me.  It's been a fun build for me to keep me busy on the weekends.

I rebuilt the master cylinders and calipers for mine last week, had Dubya rebuild the wheels as well and installed the tires.  I'm exited to see your build as well.  It takes time for us average Joe's to build bikes.

-Jamie

I’m pretty sure I will end up keeping this bike and going the dual sport route with it. I have a new yz250x for Offroad/trails. It’s basically stock and does just fine on a mx track like Glen Helen. 

Electro21
Fantasy
79th
9/22/2023 7:25pm

Picked up the engine from TAGMX today.  Hopefully I can find the patience to puzzle it into the frame tomorrow.  Don't mind the dipstick sticking out.  It was a little long and I had to cut a little bit off.

Engine left sideEngine right side

Electro21
Fantasy
79th
9/25/2023 2:23pm

Made a little progress on my last day of leave. Installing the engine was a pain!  Exhaust was just to check fitment, same with seat and gas tank  IMG 1504IMG 1514.jpeg?VersionId=dW8v4IMG 1511.jpeg?VersionId=m0Lkak

burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
9/25/2023 4:00pm

Wow, that bike looks sik already, amazing job

Electro21
Fantasy
79th
10/29/2023 9:15pm

Garage Queen for a minute.  Working on completing it an another. 

Electro21
Fantasy
79th
2/20/2024 2:51pm

Getting closer to the finish line.  Colder weather and un-heated garage hasn't helped along with the Army keeping me busy before I get out.  I know most people probably don't like the holographic look, but I dig them.  I'll probably change the seat to the white one I have with red/blue and and a seat bump.  Finished routing the electrical today, I had to re route the CDI since I added the HSPD to it.

The other issue I ran into was finding the part below circled in blue for the front caliper bracket.  I added an oversized Galfer kit and can't find the stock one I have somewhere in the garage.  Other than the front brake I just need to route the cables and vent hoses and re-check the torque on everything.

Post a reply to: 2007 Honda CRF 250R

The Latest