2007 CR250 Hard to Find Parts?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/15/2018 10:29 AM

Hey just looking for some quick advice, I have a chance to buy a rolling chassis of a 2007 cr250. All in good shape, but no motor... A quick ebay search provided very little option, and no real affordable option. Are these bikes hard to get parts for? Seems like anything pre 2002 is easy, but I cant even find cases on ebay for this. Any ideas or comments?

|

6/15/2018 11:06 AM

Yep. To be honest, I’m about to try to find a worn but serviceable 02-04, just so I’ll have a few of the odd spares for mine. I’ve started stocking up on consumables already (worn but replate eligible cylinder/head, rubber parts like intake and air boot, etc). I was going to buy a spare engine, but the yahoos on eBay want 12-2400 for an engine with no guarantee that the insides haven’t been roached.

|

6/15/2018 11:10 AM

Ugh, man I am mentally committed to buying this thing, but fear the worst... Oh well, I will have time to regret my decision later I guess! Wish me luck, I think at the very least I can reuse or part out what I have and recoup the money.

|

6/15/2018 11:37 AM

DF313 wrote:

Ugh, man I am mentally committed to buying this thing, but fear the worst... Oh well, I will have time to regret my decision later I guess! Wish me luck, I think at the very least I can reuse or part out what I have and recoup the money.

A friend of mine has a 2005 motor that had an eric gorr 265 cylinder that needs a replate and is selling the motor complete and has extra parts. Shoot Ben a text at 5853304938 if you have any questions. Best of luck man!

|

6/20/2018 8:15 PM

DF313 wrote:

bm201 wrote:

A friend of mine has a 2005 motor that had an eric gorr 265 cylinder that needs a replate and is selling the motor complete and has extra parts. Shoot Ben a text at 5853304938 if you have any questions. Best of luck man!

Awesome, I'll try to reach out to him when I'm back to the grind next week, thanks for the info!

|