Tom Morgan YZ315 Stroker (Red Bull Straight Rhythm)

Related:
Create New Tag

7/10/2019 8:54 PM

I don't know what I would want to do with the white rear fender yet, but side panels something like this

Photo

|

Craigslist Roacher to YZ315 Stroker Red Bull Straight Rhythm Build Here

Instagram @FVISSION
Facebook @FVISSION

7/10/2019 9:14 PM

The white rear fender looks really nice. I'm not sure what tires are on your bike but perhaps Dunlop stickers the same color blue as your plastics on each side of the fender for starters? Either way really nice bike man.

|

7/10/2019 11:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/11/2019 12:11 AM

Chance1216 wrote:

The white rear fender looks really nice. I'm not sure what tires are on your bike but perhaps Dunlop stickers the same color blue as your plastics on each side of the fender for starters? Either way really nice bike man.

Thanks! I am running Starcross tires right now.

This is my vision right now. Basically same idea as my old blue rear fender, but modified for the white rear fender. So thinking I want to keep the black, black. Change the white part to blue, and the blue sides, white to match the fender. Maybe I can do the "Redlabel" label on the back in red, instead of white.


Photo

|

Craigslist Roacher to YZ315 Stroker Red Bull Straight Rhythm Build Here

Instagram @FVISSION
Facebook @FVISSION

7/12/2019 2:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/12/2019 3:22 PM

Opinions welcome. This is not exactly what I wanted, but Rtech seems so rare and now I have to run the white rtech side plates with the airbox which may look cool anyways! I guess it's officially an MXDN bike now.

So this is what I got for graphics. Ignore the YZ295 on side panel, that's going away.

Photo

Photo

Photo


Photo

|

Craigslist Roacher to YZ315 Stroker Red Bull Straight Rhythm Build Here

Instagram @FVISSION
Facebook @FVISSION

7/12/2019 6:40 PM

Have the graphics company cut out the circle on the rear fender. Then get the oem yamaha sticker

|

7/12/2019 6:42 PM

Have the graphics company cut out a circle on the back fender, then get the oem yamaha sticker.
Photo

|

7/12/2019 11:38 PM

Zesiger 112 wrote:

Have the graphics company cut out the circle on the rear fender. Then get the oem yamaha sticker

Good call!

|

Craigslist Roacher to YZ315 Stroker Red Bull Straight Rhythm Build Here

Instagram @FVISSION
Facebook @FVISSION

7/16/2019 5:28 PM

Graphics are on the way.

In the meantime, carbon fiber pipe mounts!

Photo

Photo

|

Craigslist Roacher to YZ315 Stroker Red Bull Straight Rhythm Build Here

Instagram @FVISSION
Facebook @FVISSION

7/17/2019 6:07 AM

Very nice build! I have some A Kit suspension for sale that would look great on this bike. lol

|

7/17/2019 6:28 AM

sesker15 wrote:

Very nice build! I have some A Kit suspension for sale that would look great on this bike. lol

I wish, but broke at this point smile

|

Craigslist Roacher to YZ315 Stroker Red Bull Straight Rhythm Build Here

Instagram @FVISSION
Facebook @FVISSION

7/18/2019 7:39 PM

Graphics installed Photo
Photo
Photo

|

Craigslist Roacher to YZ315 Stroker Red Bull Straight Rhythm Build Here

Instagram @FVISSION
Facebook @FVISSION

7/18/2019 7:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/19/2019 2:54 PM

Before frame off vs First iteration vs Rtech iteration

Photo
Photo
Photo

|

Craigslist Roacher to YZ315 Stroker Red Bull Straight Rhythm Build Here

Instagram @FVISSION
Facebook @FVISSION

7/19/2019 2:19 AM

I’m no help as they both look good!!! 😎

|

7/19/2019 7:05 AM

I really like that rtech tank and shrouds but I like the blue rear end. That’s splitting hairs tho they both look great

|

7/19/2019 2:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/19/2019 4:58 PM

I'm liking the R-tech better so far, just more modern looking and different.

Not sure what to do next, but really want to get rear springs powder coated..maybe candy apple red!

One of these days I'll get a chance to ride it smile

Photo

|

Craigslist Roacher to YZ315 Stroker Red Bull Straight Rhythm Build Here

Instagram @FVISSION
Facebook @FVISSION

7/19/2019 7:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/19/2019 7:16 PM

Carbon, Ti, swing arm swap, billet bits, big brakes cerakote!! Go crazy it's fun!!
But it needs none of it (except big brake, way better even if you aren't hard on brakes) it's a killer ride as is.

|

7/19/2019 10:11 PM

I want to do swing arm, maybe some Ti, big brakes...

Already have the 2008 CRF Master cylinder and stock 270mm rotor. Would like to do the Motostuff caliper and 280mm rotor but that's almost a grand!

What Ti bolt kit did you get?

|

Craigslist Roacher to YZ315 Stroker Red Bull Straight Rhythm Build Here

Instagram @FVISSION
Facebook @FVISSION

7/20/2019 6:14 AM

Yz229 wrote:

I want to do swing arm, maybe some Ti, big brakes...

Already have the 2008 CRF Master cylinder and stock 270mm rotor. Would like to do the Motostuff caliper and 280mm rotor but that's almost a grand!

What Ti bolt kit did you get?

I’m running the 2019 kx450 master on my yz. I liked the new lever/master setup on my 19 kx that I bought a take off master and put it on my 13 yz. Added a stainless line at same time. Running the galfer SKW rotor on one set of wheels (270) and a pro x 270 on the other (get them super cheap).

Motostuff has a new caliper coming out that’s a revised model to the current caliper they sell. It will have 27/30mm brake pistons (factory Nissan caliper style) , TiNi coated pistons if I remember correctly ect. Developed off a true Nissan works caliper.

Interestingly the 19 crf 450 uses a cast version of a works caliper with 27/30mm pistons. Unfortunately it won’t accept any bracket hanger than the 19 crf450 braket so no dice on adding it to a yz unless you plan to Cnc your own bracket ect. I wanted to go this route originally because you can buy a new 19 crf 450 master pretty inexpensively, compared to an aftermarket caliper.

|

7/20/2019 6:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/20/2019 6:27 AM

Yz229 wrote:

I want to do swing arm, maybe some Ti, big brakes...

Already have the 2008 CRF Master cylinder and stock 270mm rotor. Would like to do the Motostuff caliper and 280mm rotor but that's almost a grand!

What Ti bolt kit did you get?

270 is plenty. I bought my stuff from docwob on eBay. They have specialty kit stuff like kick starter bolt, small screws, master cylinder bolts. But for just normal bolts motostuff is pretty reasonable price you just have to take time and measure and list your sizes. And if you buy something from them for the first time they send a discount code for next purchase. I used that for Ti

|

7/20/2019 9:56 AM

Yz229 wrote:

I want to do swing arm, maybe some Ti, big brakes...

Already have the 2008 CRF Master cylinder and stock 270mm rotor. Would like to do the Motostuff caliper and 280mm rotor but that's almost a grand!

What Ti bolt kit did you get?

I have a 2014 450 swingarm and linkage assembly in great condition just sitting on the shelf. Not sure if it will fit or not, but might be worth a try? I know the 09 stuff bolts right up. You're close enough that you could drive on up and give it a shot. Let me know if you're interested.

|

Billy Wight
Luxon MX
@LuxonMX
https://luxonmx.com
Precision Engineered Motocross Components

7/20/2019 10:47 AM

Yz229 wrote:

I want to do swing arm, maybe some Ti, big brakes...

Already have the 2008 CRF Master cylinder and stock 270mm rotor. Would like to do the Motostuff caliper and 280mm rotor but that's almost a grand!

What Ti bolt kit did you get?

dmm698 wrote:

I’m running the 2019 kx450 master on my yz. I liked the new lever/master setup on my 19 kx that I bought a take off master and put it on my 13 yz. Added a stainless line at same time. Running the galfer SKW rotor on one set of wheels (270) and a pro x 270 on the other (get them super cheap).

Motostuff has a new caliper coming out that’s a revised model to the current caliper they sell. It will have 27/30mm brake pistons (factory Nissan caliper style) , TiNi coated pistons if I remember correctly ect. Developed off a true Nissan works caliper.

Interestingly the 19 crf 450 uses a cast version of a works caliper with 27/30mm pistons. Unfortunately it won’t accept any bracket hanger than the 19 crf450 braket so no dice on adding it to a yz unless you plan to Cnc your own bracket ect. I wanted to go this route originally because you can buy a new 19 crf 450 master pretty inexpensively, compared to an aftermarket caliper.

Great info. Do you know when they will start selling the new caliper? Mines not too bad, but I am aggressive on front brakes. Right now I have 08 CRF450 master cylinder and caliper with stock 2019 YZ250 rotor and steel braided line.

For sure much much better then stock, but could be better.

|

Craigslist Roacher to YZ315 Stroker Red Bull Straight Rhythm Build Here

Instagram @FVISSION
Facebook @FVISSION

7/20/2019 10:50 AM

Yz229 wrote:

I want to do swing arm, maybe some Ti, big brakes...

Already have the 2008 CRF Master cylinder and stock 270mm rotor. Would like to do the Motostuff caliper and 280mm rotor but that's almost a grand!

What Ti bolt kit did you get?

Zesiger 112 wrote:

270 is plenty. I bought my stuff from docwob on eBay. They have specialty kit stuff like kick starter bolt, small screws, master cylinder bolts. But for just normal bolts motostuff is pretty reasonable price you just have to take time and measure and list your sizes. And if you buy something from them for the first time they send a discount code for next purchase. I used that for Ti

I found his eBay store, will check it out! Thanks!

|

Craigslist Roacher to YZ315 Stroker Red Bull Straight Rhythm Build Here

Instagram @FVISSION
Facebook @FVISSION

7/20/2019 10:51 AM

Yz229 wrote:

I want to do swing arm, maybe some Ti, big brakes...

Already have the 2008 CRF Master cylinder and stock 270mm rotor. Would like to do the Motostuff caliper and 280mm rotor but that's almost a grand!

What Ti bolt kit did you get?

Luxon MX wrote:

I have a 2014 450 swingarm and linkage assembly in great condition just sitting on the shelf. Not sure if it will fit or not, but might be worth a try? I know the 09 stuff bolts right up. You're close enough that you could drive on up and give it a shot. Let me know if you're interested.

For sure, would be willing to try! Sent you email.

Thanks!

|

Craigslist Roacher to YZ315 Stroker Red Bull Straight Rhythm Build Here

Instagram @FVISSION
Facebook @FVISSION

7/20/2019 11:26 AM

If Luxon is willing to help take him up on the offer. He knows his $hit 😎If they have a mill at the shop you can make the 14 swingarm work. The linkage mount is offset .175" on the newer swingarms. Just mill that amount from the right side of the swingarm, and machine a spacer to take up the space on the other side & you will be good to go. Easy right 😁

|

7/20/2019 11:31 AM

Photo

Photo
|

7/20/2019 12:22 PM

cdoggy81 wrote:

If Luxon is willing to help take him up on the offer. He knows his $hit 😎If they have a mill at the shop you can make the 14 swingarm work. The linkage mount is offset .175" on the newer swingarms. Just mill that amount from the right side of the swingarm, and machine a spacer to take up the space on the other side & you will be good to go. Easy right 😁

Is that your bike in the photos? I picked up that swingarm and linkage, then got sidetracked with other projects. I never even measured it, and it's been sitting on the shelf since doing nothing. Is the linkage curve similar to the older 4 strokes (an improvement to the two-stroke), e.g. will it throw off the suspension on the two-stroke? Does it change ride height much if any? .175" is a chunk to take out of it, but it sounds like it's solid there and shouldn't be an issue. I've got mills and a lathe to play with, so that's not a problem.

|

Billy Wight
Luxon MX
@LuxonMX
https://luxonmx.com
Precision Engineered Motocross Components

7/20/2019 1:02 PM

Another’s bike & his specs. I had a 2010 yzf arm & it happened to line up just fine.
I thought for sure you measured the curves bc you posted these 2 graphs:

Photo
Photo

It doesn’t change ride height bc that linkage is made to work with that swingarm. If you really want to have some fun start playing with the 2 stroke link with the 4 stroke dog bone 😆
Per your graphs the 4 stroke curve is very close to the original 2 stroke so only a seasoned pro could really feel a major difference. That being said I chose to run just a tiny bit less sag (2mm) with the new arm (103mm vs 105mm) bc I felt like I lost just the slightest tiny amount bit of front end bite. I’m mounting 22mm clamps soon & when I do I will start back at 105mm sag too. Other than that slight slight tiny adjustment I really liked the conversion. Seemed a little more planted, little better bottoming resistance & I saved about 1.35 lbs... I say that with a smirk as I sit here drinking a beer & eating a burger 🤣

You have all the tools to make it happen so post up what you find if you can as well as the curves since you will have both arms & links there. If you can also play with the different links & see how it changes ride height as well as the curve.
Thanks!!!

|

7/20/2019 1:09 PM

Yeah, all those curves are for the 09 swingarm and linkage as swapped to the 2-stroke. I made the swap to my bike a few years back. Not sure how the 14 swingarm measures up in comparison, though, as it's the newer generation than the 09 was. And now that it's no longer the current generation (2018+), I don't have much motivation to measure it up and check! My concern is the mounting points on the frame have changed on the 14+ four-strokes enough to throw everything off, but we can try it and see what happens.

|

Billy Wight
Luxon MX
@LuxonMX
https://luxonmx.com
Precision Engineered Motocross Components

7/20/2019 2:33 PM

Aaaahhhhhh. Got ya as that makes sense 👍🏻 Good point too!

|

7/20/2019 5:27 PM

Talking to Billy @ Luxon about this. Will be bringing bike up there to figure it out!

Thanks guys!

|

Craigslist Roacher to YZ315 Stroker Red Bull Straight Rhythm Build Here

Instagram @FVISSION
Facebook @FVISSION