2006 RM250 refresh

Edited Date/Time 3/29/2021 5:15am
Picked this 06 up last Nov. Always wanted an RM and served as something to do over winter. Typical Craigslist bike, but did have some good stuff on it and some that came with it:

Magura Hydraulic clutch, Renthal Twinwall Handlebars, G2 Throttle and Handguards, Applied Triple Clamp, TMI Chain Block & Slider, SDG Seat, FMF pipe/silencer, CG Coolant Hoses and DP front and rear rotors - new air filter- New hand welded aluminum tank by X-Fun and extra front wheel.

|
3/6/2021 6:32pm
Only rode it up and down his driveway, couple days later I had it completely disassembled.

3/7/2021 8:20am
Decided to mock up the aluminum XFun tank and shrouds. I ended up deciding to sell the tank. If I end up keeping the bike it will be Woods/single track and wasn’t sure how it would hold up.

Swingarm bolt was rusted bad, took a bit of work but finally got it out.

Started cleaning up some bolts, motor mounts and lower clamps. Cleaned up good.

FWYT
3/7/2021 9:59am
Sweet!!
3/8/2021 4:50am
Every bearing on this thing needed replaced, it was roached. I guess I didn’t take good pics since I don’t have any lol. Dropped the frame off to be Powdercoated, which took forever. Finally got it back and knocked in the new stem races.

Ended up going with the restyle kit. Honestly wasn’t sure about how I liked the tank shrouds. Yellow front with all black tail.

Really wish I would have built a vapor blasting cabinet, that’s next on the list. I cleaned up the motor but would have liked the look of vapor blasting more. PO must have done a top end recently, it has a fresh wiseco piston with great compression so I left it alone.

The Shop

3/9/2021 4:38am
Rickyisms wrote:
What was your process with cleaning the motor?
Power wash, aluminum cleaner and had scrubbed with scotch brite pads. Then red scotch brite pads on a drill.
3/9/2021 5:07am
Both forks were leaking, gave them a fresh set of seals and bushings.

Had the engine covers and swingarm coated. Came out good.

3/10/2021 5:41am
Got the motor in. Rebuilt the air box and got it in the subframe I got off a member. New swingarm bearings went right in and got it mounted up.

3/21/2021 2:43pm
Finally drug it out of the basement and got some sun on it. Put some coolant and fuel in it, started up after a few kicks. It really needs a new wheel set to clean it up.

3/28/2021 8:15am
Do you still have the X-fun tank? I would be interested? shoot me a price please, Thanks Tom
3/28/2021 4:42pm
Do you still have the X-fun tank? I would be interested? shoot me a price please, Thanks Tom
I sold the tank already.
3/28/2021 8:11pm
Looks like your dog is a CR fan!

Post a reply to: 2006 RM250 refresh

The Latest