2006 RM250 Barn Find Build

Edited Date/Time 4/10/2020 7:15pm
Hi all, so to start i have a small hobby of flipping bikes to get a bit of extra cash in my spare time as im only 15, and this is my current bike. i swapped a 2010 te250 husky for it to some guy in the middle of nowhere on a farm who bought it of his mate who bought it brand new in 2006. Basically it was ridden for around 30 hours, chucked in the back of a hay shed for 10 years and had only recently started to be ridden again. he was using it around the farm to walk his dogs? anyway he wanted more of a farm style bike so i did a straight swap with him.

Here is it when i first bought it, nicely covered in dust and grease

Only on its second piston with under 50 hours total, so chances are its on the stock bore.

Fully original except for the pipe and silencer

Original rear tire and sprockets as well

Next step was to tear it down and get to work, brand new air filter, chain, rear tire and assorted random oem Suzuki parts, only around 500 aud was spend getting it back to original condition

Went through all the bearing in the bike and didnt have to replace any of them as they were all perfect, i did replace all of the seal and regrease all of them. i did have to replace all of the seals in the front brake master and slave cylinder.

Next was plastics restoration, firstly a heavy degreasing, then 800 grit wet and dry sand paper, then 1000, then 1500 and a polish, i don't have any photo of me doing this sorry

Starting to put it all back together,

Basically finally back together apart from the front brakes and throttle

So that where i am now, put around 15 hours on the bike. Thinking about building it again and modding it so if you have any trick parts i might be interested. im only 15 so it will probably take a while for anything to happen as working at the local bike shop takes a while to get funds.
|
pkiczuk
3/4/2020 4:58am
Excellent job man, and at 15 years old! you got a bright future ahead my friend
3/4/2020 8:23am
Fix the front brake line routing it's wrong in your pics. Should go on the inside of the fork guard and in front of the number plate should be two parts that look missing. The clamp for the fork guard and a plastic guide for the lower triple clamp. It should look like this picture.

The Shop

Action69
3/11/2020 1:59pm
Great job,nice to see a young man using his hands and enjoying moto rather than glued to a tv playing video games.
beamer
3/13/2020 9:26am
Excellent job, and a great bike!

H4L
3/14/2020 12:49pm Edited Date/Time 3/14/2020 12:53pm
Great job and nice find! Id love to find an rm that's that fresh.
I have an 06 RC Edition if you’re serious. Supposedly with 10-12 hrs. from the original owner. Let me know.
OP - Nice job. You have a bright future ahead of you considering you’re only 15 yrs. old...
3/24/2020 3:14pm
Excellent job young man. Looks great.

I agree with Mr. Scrubs, leave it as is and hang on to it.
BToz
4/10/2020 7:15pm
Sweet! I just finished one a year ago. It was all stock and it seems like every part (reeds, exhaust, carb) made it a little less peppy. It was best in all stock form. Definitely one of the bikes I wish I never sold, what an awesome bike!

Post a reply to: 2006 RM250 Barn Find Build

The Latest