2006 RM 250 ..."Former" RC replica...total rebuild.

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
6/4/2018 9:51pm
Finally dude!!!! I’ve been waiting months for an update! Haha. Did you have the clamps cerakoted?
jeffro503
6/4/2018 10:13pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Finally dude!!!! I’ve been waiting months for an update! Haha. Did you have the clamps cerakoted?
Yeah I did Matty. I also got the master cylinder's , caliper's and part of the linkage done. I wanted to go with that , and keep some of the parts ,raw or polished aluminum.

The clamps.......were a pain in the ass! I dig Applied , and thank them for making me a set of clamps , but they were not done correctly. For one , the finish was extremely rough , no biggie as I rubbed some of that out. But making a hybrid RMZ / RM clamp with bored out fork insert's , seemed to of been a little issue.

The stock stem wouldn't fit. The hole on the top clamp was 7mm to shallow , and I have no idea why. If I machined that part out , it wouldn't work with the bearing races either. So I had my guy make a special bearing spacer , plus mill the clamp out , just so I could get it to fit. The fork insert holes......holy shit , I don't even need pinch bolts! They were so tight , I could barley get the forks installed. Literally lifting up the front of the bike and stand to force them in.

It's been one little issue after another with this whole build , I about gave up on it. But I think I have it handled ( I think ).
jeffro503
6/4/2018 10:15pm
If you look real close , under the spanner bolt there is a 4.5mm aluminum bearing spacer.

jeffro503
6/4/2018 10:20pm
Also....here is the new wheel set thanks to Keith at KSR for helping me out!! I will buy all my wheel sets from that guy from here on out. One awesome dude......but beware.....he'll talk your ear off!! Haha.

Gold Talon hubs , gold nipples , bulldog spokes with black Excel wheels. I have oversized Motostuff rotar's going on as well.

The Shop

kwenske321
6/4/2018 11:35pm
Sweet updates! Can’t wait to see the finished product!
randxii
6/5/2018 12:56am
Impressive! Nice progress.
jeffro503
6/5/2018 9:43pm
Had a little time tonight after work. I got both wheel's assembled with disc's and rear sprocket.

That front disc looks freakin' huge compared to the Braking system front 260mm I have on my stock wheel set.

jeffro503
6/5/2018 9:46pm
Btw...I won't have any time tomorrow night because I'm going riding after work. But on Thursday and through the weekend , I should make a good dent in getting this bike back together. Shooting for two to three weeks before the first ride!
ledger
6/5/2018 10:21pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Finally getting this thing back together. Had a few problems with certain things.....and people , but I'm finally able to get this thing back together!! Got...
Finally getting this thing back together. Had a few problems with certain things.....and people , but I'm finally able to get this thing back together!!

Got a little work done on the front end tonight.

Man, that is a great looking set-up...love the color. The Talons, Bulldog spoke's and gold nipps...just doesn't get any better.
jeffro503
6/5/2018 11:29pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Finally getting this thing back together. Had a few problems with certain things.....and people , but I'm finally able to get this thing back together!! Got...
Finally getting this thing back together. Had a few problems with certain things.....and people , but I'm finally able to get this thing back together!!

Got a little work done on the front end tonight.

ledger wrote:
Man, that is a great looking set-up...love the color. The Talons, Bulldog spoke's and gold nipps...just doesn't get any better.
Thanks Ledger! I dig them a bunch too. And with the color scheme I'm going with , I think they'll look pretty good. I'm hoping to get a couple rides on it before the two big vet races next month. I will stand a better chance on my 250 I think over the 125 , especially the Washougal round.

Post a reply to: 2006 RM 250 ..."Former" RC replica...total rebuild.

The Latest