2006 RM 250 ..."Former" RC replica...total rebuild.

Related:
Create New Tag

6/13/2017 9:34 AM

Got a bunch of stuff in the works. No pics as of yet. I'm steering away from the RC theme and doing my own thing , name , number ect....

Should take about a month before she's all done. Updates coming soon.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

6/13/2017 9:37 AM

Spill the beans bro! Spoke skinzzz? cool

|

KX125

6/13/2017 10:03 AM

haha , no Henry.....no spoke skins. Those high end type modifications aren't something I can afford. laughing

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

6/13/2017 11:42 AM

HenryA wrote:

Spill the beans bro! Spoke skinzzz? cool

laughing laughing laughing
|

6/13/2017 2:05 PM

Beside the cost, the install time on those will kill a guy.

|

6/13/2017 3:13 PM

A DeCoster replica?

Maybe Howerton or Barnett??

Inquiring minds must know!!

|

6/13/2017 5:17 PM

PRM31 wrote:

A DeCoster replica?

Maybe Howerton or Barnett??

Inquiring minds must know!!

Even better....I'm doing a Jeffro503 replica. laughing

|

6/13/2017 7:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/13/2017 8:01 PM

This is great news! Standing by for updates.

Don't you mean a Jeffro503 original? smile

|

6/26/2017 9:54 PM

Just a couple pics of how she's sitting right now. I have the motor going to my guy pat this Thursday night. Full rebuild with some slight porting and so forth.

The bike as it sits in the pic below...pretty much the only thing I'm using there is the frame , electronics , bars and pegs. Whole new front assembly being put on as soon as I can get the suspension. Started this build thread a little early , and was thinking I could get my hands on a lot of the stuff I need a little sooner....but money , life and extra time ( and oh yeah...riding the Husky 125! )....hasn't left me much spare time as of late.

Photo

Photo

|

6/26/2017 11:33 PM

Can't wait to see it progress!

|

6/27/2017 1:39 AM

That is a sweet looking bike in great shape. Good luck!
How did you like the revalved stock forks? I'm looking for advice if I should keep them and just revalve or swap out for something else...

I'll be following this thread!

|

6/27/2017 9:34 AM

Turbojez wrote:

That is a sweet looking bike in great shape. Good luck!
How did you like the revalved stock forks? I'm looking for advice if I should keep them and just revalve or swap out for something else...

I'll be following this thread!

The re-valved and sprung stock stuff worked pretty well. I would of been happy to keep running them and would have if I didn't come across this set of older A-kit. The guy I'm getting this from has the means to re-valve and spring these for my weight and speed. They are an older kit , but in really , really nice shape and hard to find. I hope to have them here next week. I believe they came off an 06' RMZ250 which had billet lugs , but had them popped off and replaced with the RM lugs. I didn't want to mess with the whole front wheel , axel , caliper and so forth.....just a simple bolt on with standard RM pieces.

Photo

|

6/28/2017 6:11 PM

Ok....huge delivery days today and yesterday! I got my Aluminum tank , along with a new set of shrouds and mounting brackets ( Thank you Eric...and I hope you chime in here! ). Also received my 2 new GPI radiators because my old ones were getting shot to hell and a new yellow hose kit.

Speaking of which....I know people have mentioned that the GPI's rads are a softer aluminum , but gawd dang!!....they look so much better than the stock ones ( at least in the condition mine were in ). It's my first set of GPI rads , and I'm actually impressed with how they look , and the aluminum is much thicker than stock. Should look quite a bit nicer than the originals I've been running.

New seat cover installed ( Thank you motoseat !! ) ....And Joel for putting it on!

2 smaller boxes of goodies...and one new big one full of all sorts of stuff. I feel like it's Christmas!

Still more stuff to come. Motor goes away tomorrow night for a full re-build and some motor mods. And " hopefully " have my A-kit here by next week!

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

That's it for now , but will update as soon as I make some progress and get some more stuff in. Man , I can't wait to ride this son of a bitch!

|

6/28/2017 6:13 PM

Weird pic of the tank above. Now looking at it , it looks dented....it isn't. That is just a spot where I tried out this really cool polish. Does look weird in the pic though...no worries.

|

6/28/2017 6:42 PM

So glad you kept the RM, replica's are great, but to make a bike..."your own" is more rewarding IMO. The GPI radiator's I've seen are actually a step above the OEM rads and have a much better finish. Love the tank, and looking fwd to the end result. Props Jeffro.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

6/28/2017 7:33 PM

ledger wrote:

So glad you kept the RM, replica's are great, but to make a bike..."your own" is more rewarding IMO. The GPI radiator's I've seen are actually a step above the OEM rads and have a much better finish. Love the tank, and looking fwd to the end result. Props Jeffro.

Thank you Ledger!! I love the old RC scheme , but dang it's hard to find and very expensive when you do. I'll keep those original RC graphics on the side...but for now , I'm doing my own thing.

And you're right. I'm glad I didn't sell this one either. I can get a new TC 250 any time but this bike would be hard to replace. Besides that...she still feels awesome on the track. 12 years old and she still feels like a nimble beast! Can't beat that.

|

6/28/2017 10:32 PM

Looking good Jeff, I'm curious how the aluminum tank is going to look with all the rest of the plastics on. I'm going to take my RM out this weekend with my YZ and try to settle the age old question of which is "better". Hopefully I can do a proper comparison between the two, I really want to get a feel for what the strengths and weaknesses of each are by riding them back to back. I'm really curious to see if I can feel a difference between the aluminum and steel frames, or if it's just in people's heads that the steel frame is supposedly so much more superior.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

6/29/2017 8:16 AM

JM485 wrote:

Looking good Jeff, I'm curious how the aluminum tank is going to look with all the rest of the plastics on. I'm going to take my RM out this weekend with my YZ and try to settle the age old question of which is "better". Hopefully I can do a proper comparison between the two, I really want to get a feel for what the strengths and weaknesses of each are by riding them back to back. I'm really curious to see if I can feel a difference between the aluminum and steel frames, or if it's just in people's heads that the steel frame is supposedly so much more superior.

Sounds fun Josh. I do know one thing I'm going to do to this thing later down the road , is pull the motor again and have the whole bottom end " Rumbled " ( If that's what they call it?) The shifting has always been a little notchy , but not to bad , but a few guys on here that did theirs , say that the whole tranny is butter smooth after.

I'm thinking with the new motor and newer suspension , it should be quite the fun ride. Can't really afford the TC 250 this year , but I am hoping to get one by this next spring. But the RM is staying here as well. Plan is to take it out on special occasions and so forth and not beat the crap out of it every weekend. Preserve it a bit.

|

8/18/2017 7:00 AM

Any updates?

|

8/18/2017 9:56 AM

^^^^^x2????? Any more progress?

|

8/18/2017 10:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/18/2017 10:54 AM

Your gonna need a longer Clevis for that shock and I just might know where one is. smile

|

8/18/2017 12:23 PM

Now when we see you posting all the time we can be like "get to work on that bike!"

That thing is gonna be sick.

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

8/22/2017 2:56 PM

Hey guys....I haven't made much progress , but I have just about everything I need here....except my motor! That one thing is holding me up , to actually be able to put this thing together. The motor has taken longer than what I was hoping for , but the guy doing it has just been buried. He is ( as of last night ) , pulling that thing apart. I haven't posted any more pics of the parts and so forth , as I was just going to do that once I have them installed on the bike. Still have a couple more steps to do before assembly. Believe me....it's killing me having it sit there.

@Robert.....I double checked the length on that clevis right when I got it , and it measured out exactly the same as the stock one , so I should be good?

|

8/24/2017 4:47 AM

Double check the shock eye to eye. I know we put one of the exact shocks on an ex replica about a year ago and it was to short. Hopefully this isn't the case for yours. Gonna be a nice bike for sure.

|

8/28/2017 1:24 PM

Lookin' Good jeffro!!!!

|

12/19/2017 11:12 PM

Bump, any updates!?!?

|

12/20/2017 12:42 AM

Is this the aluminum tank that takes the rmz style plastics??

|

12/20/2017 1:54 PM

Coby_Hanks wrote:

Is this the aluminum tank that takes the rmz style plastics??

Yep. Made by X-Fun in Italy

DocWob also has some on his site.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Suzuki-RM125-RM250-2001-2012-New-X-Fun-aluminium-alloy-petrol-fuel-tank-RMT1001-/142547274574?hash=item21307acb4e

|

2/3/2018 12:45 AM

OK....after kinda of a shitty day on Vital for me , I wanted to bring back up my 2006 RM 250 build thread. I had to put it on hold at the end of summer because of the way my job goes. ( during the winter it slows down and need to save ). Work is now in full swing and kicking ass.

I have both master cylinders and calipers stripped down and ready to go to a freind of mine for a total rebuild and to get my Cerakote done on everything. Also sending these custom clamps I had made at Applied racing ( thank you Langham for your help!! ) Once I get this stuff back , I should be able to finally start really putting this thing together.

I got my motor work all done and it's just sitting in the frame , but have some goodies going on that as well. I had the cases split , and matched , along with some mild porting and head work done. I also had my guy match everything , including the air intake boot , reed cage , all the ports , including exhaust. So she should run pretty well. Also , I had him install an 8oz Stealthy flywheel to get the rear tire to calm down a bit.

Also....since I had her torn down this far , I am putting in new steering stem bearings ,and the complete rear end bearing kit , including swingarm , shock and all the linkage. Most my bearing were still pretty good , but most my seals were getting kinda shot.

Anyays....lots more pics to come over the next few weeks. Slammed with work , so I'll do what I can , when I can. Really want to get this SOB to the track.

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

2/5/2018 9:22 AM

Lookin good Jeffro. Now PC that frame gloss black, and throw that AllBallz crap in the nearest trash can. The PivotWorks is "OK", but best to go OEM or Koyo (or other Japanes bearing) if you can.

|